It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flood Controversy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
linking all the videos in the black sea flood series

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Here is some thoughts on this page I had about something not completely unrelated namely the flood story of Atlantis and this old thread that I posted to long after it was dead is well worth a read through though any comments or thoughts should be kept on your thread as that one is now forgotten probable even by it's poster,
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

It is worth it simple because the whole field of Atlantean research looks at a flood myth and so many are hooked on it, some of the thoughts may provide insight and conjecture to drive this great thread you have started on.

edit on 9-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

ooo, i will go read it.
thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What controversy ?

The controversy that opposes people who actually study for a very long time to be able to state that beyond reasonable doubt, there was no flood, and people who believe that somehow a mating pair of every single species on earth once managed to fit into a large boat ?

Believers *believe* that there is a controversy. The rest of us don't.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

In the opening of Gen 1 if you look at the meaning of the word, which is male', you will find that it does not mean replenish it means to fill. The same word is used in Gen 1:22 in exactly the same context as 28 and is translated as fill. Unless I'm mistaken the idea of (re) comes into play in the vulgate but does not appear in earlier texts. I find it odd to translate a word used in the same tense and context within 6 verses to imply something other than it's primary definition unless there are older scripts to support that particular use of the word which to my knowledge(as limited as I freely admit it is) there is none. The english meaning to fill again came into play in the 16th century which distorts the original hebrew meaning sadly.

So we fast forward a bit to the story of noah and again we run into male' being translated as replenish. Since the text states the world has been wiped out that translation makes sense but again it's wrong. God instructed them to fill the earth.

later in the text it says the earth was not created "tohu"

Where does it say it wasn't created "tohu"? I'm not sure what your looking at for that statement other than possibly chapter to where is just not specified or clarified as to what state it was created in.

in the passage it says elohim (plural).

This part always fascinates me. I am curious why in the creation story it refers to the elohim and not a singular tense.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

the more anomalous aspects we find in our dna the more "tampering" becomes suspect and who could've been tampering with dna one hundred fifty thousand years ago?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
Considering the period in history that the bible refers to, they wouldn't have known exactly how large the Earth was. Therefore, even if it was a regional flooding, they would have thought of it as global. Maybe that's why there is a contradiction in the texts?

It's only 10,000 years ago that the last ice age ended, and that lasted for millions of years. Back then, a whole sheet of ice glaciers extended all the way from the North pole to the south of the UK and going all the way across Europe. The "world" then would then have just consisted of those living around the river deltas in the Mediterranean. If something like an earthquake of volcanic eruption changed the ocean currents, then warm water would cause rapid disintegration of the ice sheets, rising sea levels and instant floods. The bible does mention something about the "warehouses of snow".

Even in the Little Ice Age around the 1300, there were terrible floods that killed 400,000 in a single year, and Europe's population was a 1/4 of what is it now.

Scale that back to biblical times, and even a simple flood would have been the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was looking at some Google images a few months back and it occurred to me that it is possible to have a global flood.

Don't try to figure out the who's or hows in this. Just ask yourself a question. If you stopped Earth from spinning, in lets say, 4 hours, how would the waters in the ocean beds act?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I was looking at some google images a few months back and it occured to me that it is possible to have global warming due to unicorn farts.
Don't try to figure out the who's or hows in this. Just ask yourself a question.
If all the unicorns in the world started farting at the same time, how would the ozone layer react ?

(On a side note, if the earth stopped turning for four hours, which it never has nor will ever have any reason to, everything on the planet would be launched sideways at the bone-shattering speed of 1600 kilometers per hour. Since not many living organisms would survive having their skeletons pushed through their vital organs, and since we are all still alive, we can safely assume that the earth never has stopped turning, and that we would have more worrying things to think about than the sea-level if it ever did. Which it won't).
edit on 10-11-2013 by Ismail because: he added an extra serving of irony

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
S&F for undo! I love the way your mind works.

G.H. Pember wrote in "Earth's Earliest Ages" that Genesis !:1 stands alone. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". Period. Who knows how long that took or what all went on before Genesis 1:2? "And the earth hayu void and without form....." Hayu is translated (KJV) as "was".

This is not an error in translation as it's certainly one of the correct meanings but it can also be translated as "became". If you translate Genesis 1:2 "and the earth BECAME void and without form", you get an entirely different picture making everything after Genesis 1:2 a restoration story, not a creation story.

Also see: reluctant-messenger.com/Lost-Doctrines-Christianity006.htm‎

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

You must be one of our more refined members, I take it. Your attack did stay on the idea, and not personally attack me. Bravo.

But as this poser, err, poster pointed out, a lot of things would be moving rather quickly. Water included. It would have been one heck of a ride for anything on the surface, Unicorns, included

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well, more reclined than refined really, but I'm not one to argue about words...

I can also envision how the sudden halting of earths rotation may have driven the unicorn, and many other frontally horned, herd forming, mythological creatures to extinction. Field upon field of mangled brochettes. Mmmmmm. Brochettes....

edit on 10-11-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ismail
What controversy ?

The controversy that opposes people who actually study for a very long time to be able to state that beyond reasonable doubt, there was no flood, and people who believe that somehow a mating pair of every single species on earth once managed to fit into a large boat ?

read the op. will answer your questions.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by LABTECH767

the gates of the deep!
well a friend of mine who read my stargates are real thread, theorized that perhaps the gates had counterparts on mars, and the earth is now in possession of the water that use to be on mars. 2 planets decimated, in one fell swoop

My Point Exactly !! who put it there !! ?? Then we have the Earth Expanding Theory ,

What Put it there? Maybe Some Possible TYPE CIVILIZATION 3 Beings Humanoid Form?
Terra forming the Earth..

Great Minds of Writers Producers Directors that has Theorized!! from Movies to TV series

Few example Example ... of Creation of Man on Earth Battle Star Galactica Ending,, Of Course Star Wars Sons of Anak aka Anakin, Skywalker ( with all its glory of Magic & Wizardry aka Jedi ) and Pandorum.. like ( the Noahs Ark Theory ) traveling to another world leaving a dying one
all Ideals OF The Hebrew Christian Bible and Sumerian TXT

Earths life going to another planet to terraform and too survive

Pandorum (2009) - Flight Team Training Video (DVD Extra)

Battlestar Galactica - The journey to Earth

( Sumarians aka Annunaki ? )
Whos to say it didn't happened something like this right?

Battlestar Galactica Last 10 Minutes

Well According to Stichen from old Stone Tablets Sumar it has Similarity

Well Flood the Deluge is all over the World

Evidence yet again Stone Tablets of Sumar Tells about the Great Flood that cant be denied!!

And Speaking of Abraham of the Bible !! His Father Was a Sumerian High Priest was he Not?? ( UR )
Ya think just Maybe there is some Adaption of the Old Testament from Old Sumerian Texts??

If So I think We Need to Back Track on Re Reading those OLD TXT of Sumeria from the Thousands from the Pile that's Considered Mythology ... or someone is afraid !too.. ???????????

The Basics all all There in front of Our Eyes !! from Art from the Sumerians let alone the tablets
you know.. Tree of Life , genetic Engineering, to Hybrids Winged Gods aka Angels etc to Flying Machines!! what about ancient Sanskrit txt from india potentially similar to Sumerian txt ... talking about high tech wars.. nuclear destruction and Yet again Flying Machines Vimas ....

edit on 10-11-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

undo

Ismail
What controversy ?

read the op. will answer your questions.

Have read the op. Still have questions.

Still cannot find evidence for a global flood, or even a local one.

Still believe the controvery exists only in your mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ismail

Well, more reclined than refined really, but I'm not one to argue about words...

I can also envision how the sudden halting of earths rotation may have driven the unicorn, and many other frontally horned, herd forming, mythological creatures to extinction. Field upon field of mangled brochettes. Mmmmmm. Brochettes....

edit on 10-11-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)
You are correct, a event as I have described would in fact be a "Extinction Level Event"

Now don't get me wrong, I think the Bible is a fine, good, book, but that is pretty much it. I do not believe it word for word, but, on the other hand, if you take it in context, it is a history book. Flawed as it may be.

Something else of interest I found is a correlation between the dropping oxygen content of the atmosphere and the declining ages of the biblical patriarchs.

Now what would cause the oxygen content of the atmosphere to decline? Lets see, oxygen is created by trees, and if you were to somehow remove or destroy enough trees,the level would decline over time, wouldn't it?

I can see a Global Tsunami caused by a rapid declaration of the planets rotation causing such a "Wave". No more Dinosaurs, No more People, No more Unicorns...... And, a substantially lowered life expectancy for those who were lucky enough to weather the storm.

What I don't understand is why the Governments of the world feel the need to conceal the facts and real history, and pay shills to discredit it. Unless of course, there is a secret society, or two, that are running the show from behind the scenes, with ulterior motives........

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So you actually believe that all those guys lived for 900 years and such ?

As you said, he bible is flawed. I'd like to add that by no account is history either.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Text
This part always fascinates me. I am curious why in the creation story it refers to the elohim and not a singular tense.

reply to post by drivers1492

Could it be that we are not understanding ? I am not saying that I know the answer but here is my understanding of the plurality of the Creator as is written in the Genesis account.

The Genesis account is written that the Creator created Adam in His image and after His likeness (Genesis 1:26). To understand this is to understand that the Creator has two parts to His existence in the eyes of the creation. The first creation is the celestial creation. The celestial creation could not understand the invisible force (God) without visibility or recognition of some sort. God then brought Himself forth into visibility and was called the begotten image (Word) of the Creator (John 1:1,2)

This visible Word of God is called the image of God while the invisible God is called Likeness. Adam was created in the same manner with this exception. Adam had a terrestrial image which is understood as a body of flesh and blood and bones whereas the Word had a image or body of celestial substance. Adam had a portion of spirit which is called likeness because the likeness is of the Creator who is total likeness of Adam's likeness. The Creator gave Adam life because likeness is the celestial life source of the Creator. So Adam was given two parts of his creation in the order of his Creator.

The understanding of this comes when the Creator says to His image "Let Us" make man in our image after our likeness. Every person has two portions to their existence. The Likeness (spirit) is the boss of that existence. You may not realize it but in order for your body to take action, your spirit will tell that body exactly what to do. If you go the store your spirit (likeness) is telling that terrestrial body to go to the store. You may or may not say this aloud but you are directing that body (image) to move. If you were to build something you would tell that body (image) step by step exactly what to do.

Now where is the proof in all of this? The proof is that when the spirit leaves the body, the body (image) has nothing to tell it to function and lays as a useless image to return to its source. That is why it is the spirit (likeness) that is cast into hell and not the terrestrial image (body).

When God (according to the Genesis account) told the Word to create Adam's image, He then made that image alive with a portion of His likeness. Therefore He said "Let Us" make this man in our image (of the Word) and Likeness (of the Spirit). But both are God even though we understand this as being two entities. The Creator is not Plural as meaning more than one God. The Creator is one, meaning that His image is the begotten of Himself and not created as Adam.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ismail

As you said, he bible is flawed. I'd like to add that by no account is history either.
Have you ever read what the life expectancy of a Dinosaur was? Plus, if the planet rotated faster before this event, a year would still be a year, but the years would go by quicker. Before the invention of a watch, how long was a day? It would appear as you lived 900 years then, and maybe 150 of our rotational years.

In stead of a 24 hour day, lets say the days were only, umm, 20, 15 hours. Living in a world like that, you could be 900 before you know it.........

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

Ismail

Have you ever read what the life expectancy of a Dinosaur was? Plus, if the planet rotated faster before this event, a year would still be a year, but the years would go by quicker. Before the invention of a watch, how long was a day? It would appear as you lived 900 years then, and maybe 150 of our rotational years.

In stead of a 24 hour day, lets say the days were only, umm, 20, 15 hours. Living in a world like that, you could be 900 before you know it.........

Yes , I believe it's something between 20 and 30 for a theropod, double that for a sauropod and such.
Even with 12 hour days you'ld only double your lifespan. Plus the fact that if the earth had ever rotated that much faster, environnemental factors would heve been so different that life forms would have evolved in a radically different way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join