It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Exodus Really Happen? Most likely NOT

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OP if you are interested in the truth, you must have
watched the Exodus Decoded video.
Can you explain what the video reveals from 51:50 forward?
The parting of the Red sea ?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I admire your tenacity, though I find it a bit confusing. You're a Christian yet you claim Exodus never happened? There is a lot of evidence for the Exodus. Just depends on which school of thought you subscribe to. Aside from the evidence others have already pointed out here, David Rohl has written entire books on the subject. Scoff at him all you like, he's extremely well learned with decades of experience/education and he disagrees with you.

"Because so and so says so" is not an accurate summary of the reality of the situation. You should spend some time looking into the other side of the evidence before you so boldly declare the entire exodus to be a myth.

At the very least you could do us the honor of telling us why you feel the evidence which contradicts your claims isn't worth consideration.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Scroll through and take a look. This debunks pretty much all of it.
Bible Archeology - Exodus Decocded

The Exodus Decoded is similar to The Da Vinci Code in that disparate pieces of information from the past are brought together in a story line. There is a big difference between the two, however. The Exodus Decoded is presented as factual history, whereas The Da Vinci Code is advertised as a novel. The exhibits of The Exodus Decoded do not stand up to scrutiny in the court of objective scholarship. Archaeological data are wrenched from their chronological contexts and forced into a different time frame to fit the filmmaker’s reconstruction. What is more, the film is replete with factual errors. Although the production is offered as a serious and accurate documentary, it is not accurate and it cannot be taken seriously. There is little of substance in The Exodus Decoded for those seeking valid historical and archaeological information on the Exodus.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
You're a Christian yet you claim Exodus never happened?

Christianity doesn't require someone to believe in what has been proven to be folklore and myth. Christianity .... believe that Jesus came from Heaven to save souls; Love God and Neighbor as Jesus commanded. There is nothing in Christianity that demands a person believe in that which has been proven false (Noahs Ark, Adam and Eve, etc)

There is a lot of evidence for the Exodus.

There is a lot of evidence against it. If it's ever proven to have happened, then OF COURSE
I'll change my mind and agree that it happened. Truth is more important than defending
something that is proven wrong.

At the very least you could do us the honor of telling us why you feel the evidence which contradicts your claims isn't worth consideration.

I haven't seen any solid evidence that it happens that could wipe out the evidence that it didn't happen. If the balance changes and the amount and solidity of the evidence points to that it did happen .. then I'll change my position. But for now .... the most and best evidence says it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Christianity doesn't require someone to believe in what has been proven to be folklore and myth. Christianity .... believe that Jesus came from Heaven to save souls; Love God and Neighbor as Jesus commanded. There is nothing in Christianity that demands a person believe in that which has been proven false (Noahs Ark, Adam and Eve, etc)

As I've already pointed out to you in another thread, The Apostles claimed that Moses appeared to them alongside Jesus with Elijah. If they were lying about this, then they were lying about Jesus, and there is no reason for you to be a Christian. If they weren't lying about Moses appearance, then why would Moses have appeared with Christ if he was part of a myth?

There is a lot of evidence against it. If it's ever proven to have happened, then OF COURSE
I'll change my mind and agree that it happened. Truth is more important than defending
something that is proven wrong.

There is NOT a lot of evidence against it. There is an active campaign via Zahi Hawass to suppress the evidence of ancient hebrews in Egypt, to say nothing of his quest to eliminate any idea of slavery during that time period. You claim truth is important to you, yet you only want one side of the story?

I haven't seen any solid evidence that it happens that could wipe out the evidence that it didn't happen. If the balance changes and the amount and solidity of the evidence points to that it did happen .. then I'll change my position. But for now .... the most and best evidence says it didn't happen.

Have you read David Rohl's books? Have you watched the videos linked in your own thread? What evidence have you pursued that might contradict your own version of events? The most and best evidence says it didn't happen? Says who? Zahi Hawass?

The best evidence says it DID happen. You'd have to have an agenda not to see that.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would also like to ask you if you think the Ark of the Covenant is a myth too?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So at best your link makes an argument of some rather striking coprrelations.
All I have to do is consider who the truth was more important to in the
first place. See it all makes perfect sense to me. Because the absolute truth
of the Bible should by no means corroborate the history of lies told only by
the winners of wars. I think it's obvious as to whom the truth meant more.
And I don't see our Heavenly Father, having the slightest problem, getting a
perfect message thru to those who are interested. In fact by any means at all.
And if you actually believed anything about him ? You would only feel the
same way. Therefore, this is a bashing thread and you're trolling.
edit on 8-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

As I've already pointed out to you in another thread, The Apostles claimed that Moses appeared to them alongside Jesus with Elijah. If they were lying about this, then they were lying about Jesus, and there is no reason for you to be a Christian. If they weren't lying about Moses appearance, then why would Moses have appeared with Christ if he was part of a myth?

let me get this straight here... pardon the interruption

Because Jesus confirms the existence of Moses... the exodus must be real?

And IF the Exodus is a myth as FlyersFan claims... Jesus can't be real... and she shouldn't be Christian

Am I following your logic here?

edit on 8-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How can the bible be absolutely true when it is full of over 400 different contradictions? You can't have one thing be true then say the opposite later in the book and it be true as well. The word absolutely means entirely, therefore having even ONE contradiction would mean that something isn't absolutely true.

Another source: Contradictions in the Bible

The only evidence for the Exodus to have happened is in the bible, the bible has just been shown in this post to NOT be infallible. Therefore it cannot be taken or used as a legitimate source of information towards history.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Akragon

And IF the Exodus is a myth as FlyersFan clams... Jesus can't be real... and she shouldn't be Christian

No, The Apostles confirm the existence of moses during their testimony of Jesus and his life, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection.

If the apostles lied about Moses, then their testimony concerning Jesus cannot be trusted.
edit on 8-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

Akragon

And IF the Exodus is a myth as FlyersFan clams... Jesus can't be real... and she shouldn't be Christian

No, The Apostles confirm the existence of moses during their testimony of Jesus and his life, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection.

If the apostles lied about Moses, then their testimony concerning Jesus cannot be trusted.
edit on 8-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

that's exactly what I just said...

And confirming Moses does not confirm the exodus...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You do have two contemporary prophets, Ezekiel and Jeremiah late 600s BCE talking about it.

Jer 2:6

Neither said they, Where is the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?

Ezek 20:15

Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;

These are simply a sample.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

You do have two contemporary prophets, Ezekiel and Jeremiah late 600s BCE talking about it.

Neither said they, Where is the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?

Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;

What is your point?

The OT is a compilation of books about a false God... Who cares what they might have said or believed

Nothing more then "thieves and robbers" as Jesus said

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by randyvs

How can the bible be absolutely true when it is full of over 400 different contradictions?

Another source: Contradictions in the Bible

The large part of these so called contradictions are not contradictions at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

What is your point?

The OT is a compilation of books about a false God... Who cares what they might have said or believed

Ok I show you some other evidence and now its a matter of a false god.

And Jesus never called the prophets "thieves and robbers" but said he had come to fulfill the prophets.

See how fast you get in over your head when you really don't know your material? And yes you don't really care what they said or believed, even from a scholarly approach, so your opinions are so lite and jaded as not to be considered real criticism.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

What is your point?

And Jesus never called the prophets "thieves and robbers" but said he had come to fulfill the prophets.

See how fast you get in over your head when you really don't know your material?

haha... oh please

ALL that came before me are thieves and robbers....

Don't even go there dude... And try to stay on topic eh

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

What is your point?

See how fast you get in over your head when you really don't know your material?

haha... oh please

You brought it up friend. Now you want to back out when confronted with your poor research.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Regardless of what you consider a contradiction or not, there is still at least 1 contradiction in the bible. Heck you can find one in Genesis with the creation myth on which was created first, animals or humans. Therefore, my point still stands, if there is at least one contradiction in the bible, the bible cannot be absolutely true. That in of itself is a contradiction.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

What is your point?

haha... oh please

You brought it up friend. Now you want to back out when confronted with your poor research.

backing out of what?

IF you're quite happy to call Jesus a liar feel free I suppose...

He said that exact phrase... IF he actually meant "most of the guys that came before me" he would have said that...

He said ALL THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE ME... which means everyone from the OT... False God included

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join