It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Exodus Really Happen? Most likely NOT

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ABNARTY
My personal belief: The Bible is written in order to provide spiritual inspiration. To help one lead a good life. The message is one of inclusion and tolerance (at least the NT). Even if someone is agnostic/atheist they can't go wrong following that message.

I wish others felt that way. I've been trying to get that very point across for years, that morality is not the sole domain of the religious. Hell, I grew up in an Irish Catholic family where drunken beatings were more regular than church and I went to catholic school so there was a LOT of church haha I just can't fathom why the guy who spends Saturday with his mistress and goes to church on Sunday is considered a more morally upstanding citizen than myself simply because I don't feel the need to go to some special building once a week hand them some money and claim the high road. I think no matter what you believe, as long as you treat others with compassion and understanding then you're doing OK

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Given their modern stance, 'playing the victim' seems a rather natural attribute for the country of Israel. I choose that one.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

All good and well if the New Testament was sold by itself.

But it's not, and the Old Testament reads like a sci-fi horror.

I've personally always felt a disconnect between the two anyway. I like the OT for the sci fi stories. I like the NT for the morality.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

All good and well if the New Testament was sold by itself.

the New Testament is sold by it's self. you can get just about any translation you want. also some include Psalms & Proverbs.

Category:Bibles > New Testament

the thing is though, with out the Old Testament, where the New references the Old you can't just flip back to it,
and you could miss the meaning of a verse all to gather.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read all the replies, but I did glance through to see if anyone had mentioned a video called "The Exodus Decoded". Although I have never doubted the exodus ,or anything in the Bible, some instances in it do get me to wondering.I don't doubt God and have no trouble believing in miracles. I openly admit to believing things that are unprovable in the eyes of some just because they ring true in my mind and when I hear or read them it's as if I already knew it. So ,I really love it when such things can actually be explained.This video seems to do an excellent job of proving that the plagues and exodus were not only possible but probable and happened just as the Bible says.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11/6/2013 by wehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Egyptian Empire collapsed some how...

This was a great documentary.

I disagree on a couple elements of it. The Documentary lacked Aliens and suggested they crossed the Reed Sea instead of the Red Sea.

Exodus Decoded and the Search for the True Mount Sinai: Documentary (2006)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjHkk6Xbls
www.youtube.com...

and this one is neat:

The Exodus Revealed
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DDA72yXAw
www.youtube.com...

Must Read the 5 books of Moses:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy

No Aliens; No Exodus!!

edit on 7-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i found this intersting.
has simular information.
NOVA The Bible's Buried Secrets

basically it sounds like a people came together to make a nation but they had no name, no history.
so no standing with other nations so they made something up givng themselves a name and a history.
now they have a history that could point to and say "see how great we are?".

my basic take of it.

vid is nearly 2 hours.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
FF, I would suggest the biblical archeology website maybe they have something in their archives, I looked for a while last night.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Amenhotep II and the Historicity of the Exodus Pharaoh

I found this but haven't read it yet
www.biblearchaeology.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by Celt1

So your proof is common spellings of select proper nouns as written in Latin script by English speakers used to create (often nonsensical) acronyms by you? So these hidden messages are specifically directed toward English speakers in modern times? What about everyone else?

Can you find hidden meanings in a jumble of scrabble tiles? Here's some letters that come to mind: YAFOS. I know you're skeptical, but I found them by creating a matrix from my keyboard and then rolling a four-sided die until I came up with what I wanted. Obviously God speaks through D&D dice as well which makes sense because the two letters in that abbreviation are D & D which equates to Divine Decryption. I'm done. (6666 characters left!)

26 letters in the English Alphabet... *8*... The language Of Jesus Christ before it was compounded and scattered across the land at the time of BABEL... Before Abbas Brothers Earned Life... As the Hebrew Language it had no vowels and was in fact 4 letter coded groups... YHWH... Your Half Way Home... Now the Name JOHN... Join Our Home Now... NOAH... No Outcasts Allowed Here... Then the Flood came... And his name was changed to NOACH... Now Only Abbas Children's Here... And it was so... As old Saul the sinner became PAUL... From a Sinner To A Priest... The Name PAUL... People Always Understand Light... Love Is God's Highest Truth... YES... Your Everlasting Spirit not your Soul for it belongs to Jesus Christ... Now little spirit roll the DICE again... Discovering It's Christs Example is Amazing as he reveals his language to you... Showing you it's not a game or by chance... As the Name ALLAH... Abba Lives Life At Home... The Word HOME... Here On Mans Earth just as written... WOW... With One's Word just as written...

Now go and spread the good word in your own language do your JOB... Join Our Brothers in Truth by the LAW... Love Always Works...

ISRAEL a people not a country that calls themselves the chosen ones... Jesus Christ made it clear his words were for the common folk... The word FOLK... Fathers Only Living Kind... Those Of The LAW...

The Name MATTHEW... Manifesting Abbas Truth Teaches Every Word... I would learn it... It also works with Numbers... JOHN 3:16 ... Join Our Home Now... (3x7) + (3x7)= 42 for quickness... The Scientific Number For Life... Look it up it's the Truth... Time And Time Again... 42... Crossing Truth... The Cross And Truth Of Mankind... 6 as a single number of Man... 666 divided and conquered... Add them up... 18... One Christ... 9... One Complete Christian Message that is undeniable and absolute...
edit on 7-11-2013 by Celt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ebook
Ancient Israel in Egypt and the Exodus

The Exodus is one of the most dramatic events in the Hebrew Bible – the slavery of the Israelites in Egypt and their miraculous escape across the Red Sea. It is traditionally viewed as the single event that gave birth to the nation of Israel. What is the archaeological evidence for the Exodus, and for Israelites in Egypt?

archeologiabiblijna.files.wordpress.com...

haven't read this yet either

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Jordan River
Im sure it happened. There was the library of alexandria that burn down a lot of important documents. As well as kingdoms burning their own documents to avoid embarrassment

yes it did happen.
40 yrs in wilderness is another time and space,
just as the garden of eden was

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Geography and Toponymy of the Exodus

James K. Hoffmeier

The geography of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt has long been a subject for academic inquiry, so much so that most Bible dictionaries have an entry for “the Exodus” or “The Route of the Exodus” which treats the geography and toponymy in the Pentateuch. Similarly, Bible atlases try to chart the route by offering different reconstructions based on reading the toponymy in the light of the archaeological record. The reasons for the differences are often attributed to the various sources and traditions behind the Pentateuch. This is not the case, this chapter argues, and a coherent picture does emerge if biblical materials are rightly understood alongside the geography of the northeastern Delta and northwestern Sinai. By taking this position, one should not conclude that every toponym will be securely placed on a map, but a schematic route can be traced.
www.oxfordscholarship.com...
so/9780195130881.001.0001/acprof-9780195130881-chapter-8?rskey=C5N0hN&result=2&q=Delta
ed it on 103030p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

books.google.com... =en&sa=X&ei=J7t7UrfmIsKCyAHjvoH4Aw&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=toponyms%20of%20the%20exodus&f=false
edit on 103030p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
40 yrs in wilderness is another time and space,
just as the garden of eden was

Not sure if I'm following you ..... are you saying they went trans-dimensional and so were
'off the grid' for 40 years and that explains the complete lack of evidence of two million
Hebrews supposedly living in the desert??

Or did I miss something in what you are saying ???

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You have it spot on

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Well ... you've gone and done it. I have no idea what to say to that.

... going back to reading Stormdancers information ....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Well ... you've gone and done it. I have no idea what to say to that.

... going back to reading Stormdancers information ....

Lol. You're welcome.

God Bless

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That wilderness was the struggles with ego, to overcome and ascend. Its all inner processes. Its all within. Forming Christ/Higher Consciousness within. That is what the bible truly is.

Out of Egypt, out of the land of the ego, into more trials and wrestling with self, meditation, parting the red sea, to gain Higher Mind.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

www.spiritofthescripture.com...
edit on 7-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Is it possible that exodus happened further back in history? Like maybe around 50,000BC?

Just thinkin'.

PS reply to post by Unity_99

That sounds more than valid.

edit on 7/11/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Some have placed the Osirian Temple that far back. 50,000 years.

Wikipedia Osireion Temple Reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osireion
en.wikipedia.org...

Notice how little Data there is on wiki about this site.

The knowledge of site is tightly controlled!!

Due to its ....... to the ........

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join