It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's 'aircraft carrier killer' Varyag and battle cruiser Pyotr Veliky enter Mediterranean Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

They haven't, because they haven't paid for them. They put a deposit on them, and made a couple payments on them, but that was all. They still owe money on them, so Russia has put a hold on delivering them until they pay for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Zaphod58

They haven't, because they haven't paid for them. They put a deposit on them, and made a couple payments on them, but that was all. They still owe money on them, so Russia has put a hold on delivering them until they pay for them.

Please show me a link, because I've got to read this for myself.!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Zaphod58

en.ria.ru...
www.middleeastmonitor.com...

I thought these reports were from 2008/9, this is recently after all this hoopla (LIES) from U.S./E.U. about Syria and chemical attacks, if this was from before "Feb-2011" then I would believe Rus can't/won't supply them with this because of the lack on $.
edit on 7-11-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Russian Carrier Battle Group has now deployed. Stand by for all the doom and gloom WW3 threads doing the rounds on the conspiracy sites.
Remember that this was pre-announced back in June by the Russians. Original post included in this reply.

Aircraft carriers of Russia's Northern Fleet head to Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea
14:35 December 17, 2013 Interfax

A group of the Russian Northern Fleet's aircraft carriers embarked on a deployment to the Northeast Atlantic and the Mediterranean Sea on Tuesday, in accordance with the Russian Navy's combat training plan.
"The naval group includes the heavy aircraft carrying cruiser Soviet Union Fleet Admiral Kuznetsov, the large anti-submarine ship Admiral Levchenko, the large assault ship Olenegorsky Gornyak, as well as support vessels such as the rescue towboat Nikolai Chiker and the tankers Sergei Osipov and Kama," the Northern Fleet's spokesman, Captain 1st Rank Vadim Serga, told Interfax-AVN on Tuesday.

rbth.co.uk...

tommyjo

GrantedBail
I am not sure what this means.

It means nothing. If you think this is news then you'll freak out when you find out that the only Russian aircraft carrier - Kuznetsov - is due to deploy to the Mediterranean! Shock horror the Russians are coming! Remember that it was announced back in June 2013.

Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier to start long-range mission in Mediterranean in late 2013
June 1, 2013 Interfax

rbth.co.uk...

No doubt it will be major breaking news by the WW3 doom and gloom merchants on here and other sites?

Meanwhile back in the land of reality. Shock horror NATO nation Italy exercises with Russian Navy!

en.ria.ru...

Shock horror NATO nation Turkey exercises with Russian Navy!

www.hurriyet.com.tr...

edit on 19/12/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Zaphod58

why are you worried by a crummy aircraft carrier.it's just a floating hunk of metal.

either use it or lose i.just like all the expensive military hardware all over the world.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by GrantedBail

It's a routine deployment announced and planned months ago. All it means is they're training.

You don't really believe that do you?

A routine training exercise...really?

Planned months ago means absolutely zilch, since this Syria debarcle has been ongoing far longer.

Now, had this been planned months before this all began..different story.

The Russians are heavily involved in protecting Syria (and therefore Iran) from Israeli and US resource based aggression..this is why they are ramping up military hardware at their Syrian base...they can 'train' literally anywhere...but they chose Syria to move heavy military hardware into.

I'm sorry mate, but you'd have to be pretty naive (and i don't think you are naive) not to see the move for what it is - a warning to the warmongers to back the hell off Syria and Iran.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

MysterX

The Russians are heavily involved in protecting Syria (and therefore Iran) from Israeli and US resource based aggression..this is why they are ramping up military hardware at their Syrian base...they can 'train' literally anywhere...but they chose Syria to move heavy military hardware into.

No they are not ramping up military hardware at their Syrian base. Tartus is a tiny facility. You are probably one of these die-hards that think that it is some sort of Russian naval super base? It is a limited port facility and one of the reasons why Russia is seeking other port facilities, including NATO nations such as Greece, to assist with repair and maintenance of the Mediterranean Fleet. Tartus is so limited that they have to seek out other ports to fulfill their ambitions to have a permanent naval presence in the Mediterranean and to be able to support anti-piracy missions south of Suez.

In reality Russia couldn't give two hoots about Assad, but they do care about the tens of thousands of their citizens in Syria. That is why they have in place and on standby the necessary naval capability to extract their citizens should the need arise.
edit on 28/12/2013 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join