It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Democrat Calls For Forcing Doctors To Accept Medicare And Medicaid Patients

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by marg6043 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That's only a freedom for certain people though, not everyone. People with the cash money to blow upfront, or willing and able to use credit. Everyone else's choices are very limited. Even those with regular insurance can't go to a doctor if they don't take that brand of insurance. I knew plenty of people on blue cross shield that had to really look hard, and some had to travel lots of distance.

edit on Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:55:18 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Interesting thought that your post reminded me. A law was passed a few years ago stating that you could not leave the US in order to avoid taxes. So those wishing to flee the US to avoid coming under the control of Obamacare would in fact be trying to avoid a tax.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

In all of your examples you failed with one major point, none of those were dictated by the government. You missed my entire point. Government has no business in dictating someone's way of life.

Also you miss the point by using someone in a health crisis as in cancer to make a point about necessities of life. Water, food, shelter, clothing. Why aren't the same people demanding free health care not demanding free food, water shelter, and clothing?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

AlienScience
And besides, once we move to single payer...and we will...doctors will have to accept everyone as a patient.

Please tell me that you are not that gullible.

There won't be many doctors left except for the quacks that are scamming the system.

You forgot to add "sqwuuuaaaak" again.
Or is that Heil 0bama!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Carreau

In all of your examples you failed with one major point, none of those were dictated by the government. You missed my entire point. Government has no business in dictating someone's way of life.

Also you miss the point by using someone in a health crisis as in cancer to make a point about necessities of life. Water, food, shelter, clothing. Why aren't the same people demanding free health care not demanding free food, water shelter, and clothing?

Price gouging is illegal as dictated by the government, no matter what business you are in. And these other businesses are voluntarily providing products and services at a lower cost - they apparently don't need the dictating. Not so much with the greedy doctors.

Who ever said doctors should work for free? Medicare/Medicaid pays them. They just shouldn't have the right to only save rich people's lives.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with him.

Doctors shouldn't be able to discriminate based on income level and age...and that is exactly what they are doing when they refuse Medicaid and Medicare.

And besides, once we move to single payer...and we will...doctors will have to accept everyone as a patient.

It is rather sickening that people are actually advocating that doctors should be able to pick and choose the patients they want to treat. Talk about elitism.

elitism?
no
it's called liberty.

do you have a right to a portion of my life and my labor?

no you don't, i'am not your slave.

link   

Carreau

Because they probably already get those things free.

Where have you been?

link   

Wrabbit2000

kaylaluv

Wrabbit2000
I wouldn't begrudge a Doctor his or her very comfortable living when their skills may well be what allows me to live at all some day.

He will only allow you to live if you can pay for it, if the people on ATS have their way. If you can't pay for it, you die. Up to the doctor to decide that, not you.

Well, that is the joy of a free country. We can have diametrically opposing opinions and still disagree without being disagreeable. As we most certainly do, and are here.
edit on 3-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Very true. Congrats on the moderator job, by the way. It is very well deserved.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

TDawgRex

AlienScience

There won't be many doctors left except for the quacks that are scamming the system.

Or is that Heil 0bama!

really?....I guess all the other countries that has some form of socialized medicine don't have any doctors left, they just have quacks scamming the system...turn off the rush Limbaugh show, and FOX NEWS, and actually travel to some other countries

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Price gouging is illegal as dictated by the government, no matter what business you are in. And these other businesses are voluntarily providing products and services at a lower cost - they apparently don't need the dictating. Not so much with the greedy doctors. Who ever said doctors should work for free? Medicare/Medicaid pays them. They just shouldn't have the right to only save rich people's lives.

Now a person not wanting to accept half price for their services is considered "price gouging". It is people who think like this that make me wish this planet is destroyed by a comet and soon. Oblivion would be preferable to continued exposure to anymore of this.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

jimmyx

TDawgRex

AlienScience

Or is that Heil 0bama!

really?....I guess all the other countries that has some form of socialized medicine don't have any doctors left, they just have quacks scamming the system...turn off the rush Limbaugh show, and FOX NEWS, and actually travel to some other countries

Their systems are nothing like ours will be. Turn off MSNBC & CNN and stop reading the DailyKos and do a little research.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Carreau

Price gouging is illegal as dictated by the government, no matter what business you are in. And these other businesses are voluntarily providing products and services at a lower cost - they apparently don't need the dictating. Not so much with the greedy doctors. Who ever said doctors should work for free? Medicare/Medicaid pays them. They just shouldn't have the right to only save rich people's lives.

Now a person not wanting to accept half price for their services is considered "price gouging". It is people who think like this that make me wish this planet is destroyed by a comet and soon. Oblivion would be preferable to continued exposure to anymore of this.

Charging $2400 an hour is not price gouging?? Please.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Having read the article the following question should be asked:
What happens if they pass this bill and make it law? It is possible, and one that could happen. The government seeing that the new Obamacare law is failing and doctors are refusing to take insurance all around, thus to prevent a lack of health care they pass and make it mandatory that every doctor and pharmacy take x amount of people that happens to be on medicare and medicade.

So now they mandate such, stating it is a civil rights issue that said doctors are discriminating against the poor and those who are on such policies. After all it would not be hard to link such to such laws, including the disability acts out there. But I digress and back to the next question.
What is the government going to do, when doctors are tired of being told that they have to take certain patients or do not want to deal with the red tape, and with all government insurance, there is a large amount of red tape, are not getting paid, decide to just close up shop and do something else? What happens then? They can mandate and put in the different regulations on industries, that you have to operate this way or that; that a person is not allowed to deny services. But ultimately they have yet to figure out how to make a private person do a job or perform an action that a person has no interest in doing. Would you want to see a doctor that is being forced in that way? I would not.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

First I wold like to say I do not necessarily agree with this.

Shouldn't doctors be in this for a higher purpose than keeping such a close eye on the dollars? I mean WTF medicare pays them they just pay less. The doctors will still make a lot of money. They just wont be able to rape your insurance carriers wallet.

This world is so greedy it sickens me, no one really believes in a higher purpose its all about the money.

Don't give in to your monkey side. There is a reason why monkey and money are only one letter off.

Have a banana.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Restaurants used to be able to turn customers away based on their skin color. Then laws were put into place to stop that. Don't you think some restaurant owners quit their business as a result of those laws? Don't you think some of those restaurant owners must have spit into the food of the blacks they now had to serve? Probably, but now it's not an issue.

We are going to go through some pains with this healthcare change. We WILL eventually have single-payer healthcare, and doctors will have to change some things. They won't like it at first, but they will adapt - as we all will.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Carreau

It is people who think like this that make me wish this planet is destroyed by a comet and soon. Oblivion would be preferable to continued exposure to anymore of this.

Why because some people want something more to this short life than just chasing cheese? Eat a banana you will feel better.

How did the corporate brain washing take so many souls? Crazy.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Yeah, but you have to look at the big picture, from their perspective as well. If everything goes perfect, if I remember correct, doctors go through 4 years of regular college, then another 4 years of med school minimum. So they are 26 minimum when their career kicks off, already behind the bell curve on a lot of other professionals. And they are coming into their careers with triple, quadruple the debt right?

If it's going to take them 30 years just to pay off that chunk of debt, who would bother? 58 years old before they can even start going for a house and retirement fund etc. There has got to be some kind of balancing somewheres. Don't ask me what it is, I don't have that answer. Somewhere between what canada has, and what the united states has. Some kind of happy medium.

edit on Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:40:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I would say that the majority of medical doctors aren't in it for the money. Especially if they have a private practice. The one exception I would make to my statement would be cosmetic doctors, though there is still a need for them as well.

They rack up a lot of debt going to school, they have to buy their own supplies and sometimes even meds. They have to buy or lease the building they work out of. They have to pay their assistants. They have to carry malpractice insurance, etc, etc...

It all adds up to quite a sum of money. If they can make a profit in a honest manner with all of the above hassles. I don't begrudge them one bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

kaylaluv

Carreau

Price gouging is illegal as dictated by the government, no matter what business you are in. And these other businesses are voluntarily providing products and services at a lower cost - they apparently don't need the dictating. Not so much with the greedy doctors.

Who ever said doctors should work for free? Medicare/Medicaid pays them. They just shouldn't have the right to only save rich people's lives.

Case in point...using your above quote "Price gouging is illegal as dictated by the government". The ACA is the most illegal *price gouging* to come along in our lifetimes....and it's by the very Government, that *dictates* it to us. It's a TAX we didn't vote for, thus it's ILLEGAL.... The Supreme Court even stated it's a TAX.

I fail to see any logic in your argument.

Des

edit on 3-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join