It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Democrat Calls For Forcing Doctors To Accept Medicare And Medicaid Patients

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And so it begins. . . . . (That was even the title on Drudge where I saw the article)

You would think that when your party is burying a hole that is getting harder and harder to get out of, you wouldn't want to that hole get deeper faster. But here is Kathleen Murphy, Democrat running for the House of Delegates against Barbara Comstock, telling a forum in Great Falls that she believes it should law to force doctors to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients. Forced by government decree, mind you. A birdie sent me this:

FYI last night at the Great Falls Grange debate, Democrat delegate candidate Kathleen Murphy said that since many doctors are not accepting medicaid and medicare patients, she advocates making it a legal requirement for those people to be accepted

masonconservative.typepad.com... ts.html

I know I have been guilty in the past of perhaps using hyperbole to describe America. I have used the terms; tyranny, police-state, dictatorship.

But if this continues, I believe my usage of said terms might be justified.

Well ATS, enjoy.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
yes,, the lawsuits are just beginning to start

Court strikes down mandate for birth control in ObamaCare
edit on 3-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I guess all those people who wanted to become doctors will now become tradesmen instead. Hell, it's cheaper getting a certification than a degree and a lot easier as well.

I bet that within ten years the percentage of doctors will have dropped 75%. Good luck finding good healthcare when everybody in that profession is overworked, burnt out and just no longer really care. We're already seeing it with the nurses.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This sickens me Beeze...and it will be pushed by Democrats who really do think the Government must control every aspect of our lives. Including the Medical Care Providers who've spent their own money to obtain a license to practice in a dwindling free society.

What next...confiscate their passports so they can't leave a country that no longer holds the principals of a Free Society?

I used to fear for our future...that future is now...I have much fear.

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Whats that saying , by hook or by crook ...I have always suspected USA was something different than what we were being told over the air waves .I am not even sure I can believe what we are seeing ...maybe there was something to the Mayan 2012 date that flipped most things upside down . Or at least the way we look at them .

I really have to laugh at canada's own Rob Ford and the support that he gets despite all of the nasty stuff around him . The way its going in Canada Mike Duffy might be able to have a come back of sorts .. lots of lol's as of late .

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
No biggie ..... they better get used to it now, because when we become single-payer, all citizens will be medicare/medicaid -- so the doctors will have to accept them anyway, or they will have zero patients. That won't be good for business.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer

This sickens me Beeze...and it will be pushed by Democrats who really do think the Government must control every aspect of our lives. Including the Medical Care Providers who've spent their own money to obtain a license to practice in a dwindling free society.

What next...confiscate their passports so they can't leave a country that no longer holds the principals of a Free Society?

Des

Bad feelings or premonitions seem to be the norm of the day... Good news is, (as the saying goes) it is darkest before the dawn. Some of these brain dead politicians seem to be hell bent on messing everything up to the point where nothing works anymore.

IMO all of this mess is designed so that a government single payer source (and all the taxes that goes with it) will be brought forward as the savior of the American medical care. Let us hope they can run the new program better than most things they try to run.

The out of pocket costs required by Obamacare's Silver Plan for a non-smoking mother and father with two children making a gross before income taxes of $50,000 (roughly average salary for VA) would be $13,765 per year including the deductible of $10,400. That's 28% of their gross income -- not very affordable and about the same as guidelines for a mortgage payment. For such a family making $100,000 of gross income, The cost would be $21,431 including the deductible of $12,700, or 21% of gross income.

From Beezer's link

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer

Des

Government controlled health care works in the majority of countries that it's implemented, but it's universal health care.

The problem with the US is that insurance and drug companies are in the pockets of the politicians. There is a reason Americans are constantly trying to smuggle drugs (the legal [although illegal this method]) back from Mexico or Canada.

Why is it medication that costs $10 in Mexico, $25 in Canada, is $60 in USA?

Sweden and other countries have great health care, all universal. The problem with USA is that the country won't give up full control to a body that actually wants to improve health care for everyone (while simultaneously ripping profits from long standing business interest.)

This article highlights the point, while simultaneously trying to blame Canada and Europe for the high cost of drugs in the US. Although, the author puts their foot in their mouth by saying drug companies charge what the market can bear. That's the point. The US can bear to get ripped off, as it's the status quo.

They also forgot to mention how the drug companies are subsidized by institutional research which goes into drug development. Universities giving their information to them while students do the labour…

edit on 3-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So...are they going to pass laws to prevent Doctors from retiring and leaving the field entirely?? That IS what many are doing already. Many more will follow if something like this goes anywhere.

We should have known this was the answer they had in mind. 'Whatever doesn't work, we'll just pass more laws and FORCE it to work'. Unbelievable for the Gov't mindset, but then, not surprising at the same time.

Force Doctors..and they'll just say 'screw you' and walk away entirely. They CANNOT BE replaced easily, if at all (in the numbers we're losing them right now). An M.D. doesn't pop out of a crackerjack box and Obama will be out of office many many years before Docs starting the training today actually see patients on their own to help this growing problem.

Just when you thought they couldn't get more ignorant.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Why is it medication that costs $10 in Mexico, $25 in Canada, is $60 in USA?

edit on 3-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

That is because our government regulates the drug industry so tightly that is costs more than $100M to bring a new drug to market. And even then the drug companies costs continue to rise. Fending off the huge number of class action law suits (even for ordinary and safe drugs) costs $10's of millions or even worse if a jury gives some crazy award.

All of the problems in the US healthcare system are a result of unintended consequences of laws and regulations imposed by our government. The obvious solution [snip] is to have government more deeply involved... LOL
edit on 11/3/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: unnecessary partisan 'phrase' removed

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think what "they" have in mind here is a more matural self supplied kind of medicine that doesn't rely on and strain the system so much...

like if you have cancer just move to the west coast and stand in the rain when its coming from the west

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A warm "thanks" to all that have replied and have provided more input into this disturbing topic.

Where is the line drawn?

When do we say, "Stop".

Are we to allow government to dictate WHAT we do now?

What about the freedom to choose?

I will caveat that doctors have an obligation to treat as they see fit. But should we allow the government to define the parameters of that obligation?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I know a doctor from the former Soviet Union.

He said to me " I was not a doctor, I was a slave, we were all slaves."

"Boris" also said to me, in 2007, "this man, Barack Obama, is a communist".

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think you got that a bit backwards though. The politicians are in their pockets, making it a government enforced monopoly of sorts. The AMA is a joke, they artificially create doctor shortages. The pharm industry made it impossible to get any drug tested without their backing, no one has the amount of cash needed but them. It goes on and on. It makes it look like it's the government trying to keep people safe yadda yadda, when it is really just a defacto monopoly.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Imagine this policy in everything. You own a restaurant, well SOME people only have to pay you half the menu price for a meal and you have to accept it because it's the law.

And make no mistake medicine and being a doctor is a business. That is someone's profession and that is how they make a living. Shall the government decide what every business can charge for their services? And only for CERTAIN people that the government says?

If the government can do that, the government can do anything to anyone anywhere and for any reason. Those of you who think that the government should be able to decide what a doctor can get paid be very careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Destinyone

Well, before that happens they better move their practice to another country. They could move to Canada -- no, wait - government-paid healthcare there. They could move to the U.K -- no wait - government-run healthcare there too. They could move to Sweden or Norway or .... wait. Maybe they should just stay here after all.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Just when you thought they couldn't get more ignorant.

That's the rub!! Every doctor I've met has at least six years of study at the collegiate + post-grad level. They're well educated if not well educated and smart (grin). None of 'em will have a problem finding other work or starting a company of their own. If Obamaramacare has a negative influence on their rate of pay, I'd expect them to find another way to make money.

Just 'cause they make a lot now doesn't make them bad people or warrant forcing them to remain in the profession. On the flip side ... you couldn't tell a guy who is making a lot of money as a lawyer that because he's making so much money he's got to take up the practice of medicine.

I'm hoping, for everyone's sake, we get out of this region of idiocy sooner rather than later.

Remember ... only 15% of the people who apply to med school are accepted into a program. And ... not everyone graduating from college applies.
edit on 3112013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

If it keeps up, there will be far less people willing to take on the risk of becoming a doctor in the first place. I guess we will see how great it is in say ten years or so. I bet most people considering becoming a doctor go with dentistry instead. Still plenty of profit involved with that.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The out of pocket costs required by Obamacare's Silver Plan for a non-smoking mother and father with two children making a gross before income taxes of $50,000 (roughly average salary for VA) would be $13,765 per year including the deductible of $10,400. That's 28% of their gross income -- not very affordable and about the same as guidelines for a mortgage payment. For such a family making $100,000 of gross income, The cost would be $21,431 including the deductible of $12,700, or 21% of gross income.

Holy mother of god how can this be?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Danbones
I think what "they" have in mind here is a more matural self supplied kind of medicine that doesn't rely on and strain the system so much...

like if you have cancer just move to the west coast and stand in the rain when its coming from the west

OMG, you nut, lol

edit on 083030p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join