It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to all: What Is The True Purpose of Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We are simply a product of our environment. An extremely complex product; but a product none the less.

Therefore, I would have to say that our purpose is no more than, simply, this : To inhabit this beautiful planet we call Earth. And hopefully to do so without f**king it up. Because doing so would make us equivalent to a destructive, potentially deadly bacteria infecting and eventually consuming our own dear mother..... Mother Earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kmb08753

Just wondering mate, do you believe in life after death, or could we say, do you believe in the sustainment and transformation of our energy at the end of our life into something more conscious?
edit on 1-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

mistersmith

We are here to crawl out of the mud.
To shake of the encrustation of foolish religions and man-made gods.
To realise we are already perfect.
To explore our divinity, having remembered that we are god.

This has nothing to do with religion faith or theology, so this thread is misplaced.
It's a metaphysical subject, no connection with tribal war-gods, or ancient superstition.

mistersmith.

How could it be misplaced when the title of this forum states 'Religions, Faith and theology.
This is all a point of view, a faith of mine and a questionning about what is the true reality of all living things.

Otherwise I completely agree with what you've said.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I mean that the purpose of life is a metaphysical question.
For some, the answer will be a religious one, concerning faith and theology, but that is an answer.
It's still a metaphysical question, in my view.

Don't worry if the view is different from where you stand, since from my viewpoint, almost everything is a metaphysical question.
This is because only a tiny fraction of me exists in physicality, and that fragment has limited understanding of the overall situation.
This "overall situation" is infinite and eternal and beyond the physical, so life, which connects all the strands together, is largely metaphysical, as is its purpose.

Please feel no obligation to agree, this technology allows us to briefly appear in each other's universe, and we are all very different.
Different ideas can be harmonious, and they don't get stuck and fester if the mind stays open.
And if you reach the realisation that we all create our own individual reality, your question will answer itself.

mistersmith.

One day more : one day less.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Yes you are quite right when you claim we see things very differently since I find it hard to grasp what it is you really want to say. Maybe are we saying the same thing in the end.

In your previous post you answered to the OP question by saying there was not real purpose to this life, at least not one worth questionning or searching, that life was just what it was meant to be. While this is true, I find it very simplific. Although I strongly agree with the fact that sometimes life's truths are much more simple than we would like to think, life is also very complex and powerful. Meaning the real answer is uncomplicated and complicated at the same time.

This is why I thought your reasoning differed from mine. But I guess the answer lies in both.

*IMPORTANT EDIT* Sorry mistersmith, this response is mistaken, I thought you were someone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
According to my 5 year old daughter. We are here to be happy. She has been to heaven and met God when she was ill. She says the only purpose of life is to be happy and I believe her.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Ah ! Not to worry, I don't recognise myself at times.

We do agree regarding things being complicated and simple at the same time.

When clients asked for simple ironwork designs, I used to tell them that any fool can decorate ironwork until it looks impressive, but to make something simple look good was an extremely complex business.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

A man had spent his entire life seeking the answer to the meaning of life from sages, fortune tellers, gurus, priests and psychics.

He climbed to the top of the highest mountain where sat the holiest guru in the world, and his last hope for an answer.

"Oh, Great Sage. Ive spent my WHOLE life traveling from place to place searching and searching for the meaning of everything. Can YOU tell me what the meaning of life is"?

The guru broke from his meditation and opened one eye and began to laugh shaking his head. "Son, you have wasted your WHOLE life searching for this answer?" he laughed. The answer was obvious. But not to the man.

"The answer to the meaning of life...that you wasted all this time searching for...is to LIVE! And you have wasted it all searching!"

So, the answer is obvious: The meaning of life....is TO LIVE.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Woah, powerful storytelling. However, even if living is the original and logical purpose of l-i-f-e, I believe the answer is even more magical than that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
know God

have fun

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I always remembered that tale. We have to sometimes just plain-and-simple "LIVE", yet we most often spend our valuable years "in search of the lost chord". (Thank you MOODY BLUES)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am fairly certain that the true purpose to life is to create culture, or has to do with culture. Have you ever noticed how there can be two groups of men, or two men for that matter, who are completely oblivious to the fact that the other man or men's perspective even exists?

That is culture. There is another type of person involved in this, the observer, who is able to observe ways that a man could improve his life but usually gets yelled at, whipped or gets her money or car privileges taken away.

----------

I was actually thinking about this more, though, and I'm starting to think that men are actually CHANNELING various Gods and other dimensions through their art and politics. For example, look at our world today once electronics were introduced and check out how many different dimensions are accessible to anyone on Earth.

The Elder Scrolls, Dungeons and Dragons, different Magic: The Gathering planes, Marvel comics, Minecraft and so much more. If people are actually channeling Deities or other dimensions in general when they are being creative, the purpose of our life here may, in fact, be to create a physical world that holds in it all of the other dimensions for exploration.

The truth of the matter is, when someone is being creative and a whole new realm is made like The Elder Scrolls, conventional psychology actually says that's impossible to happen because people don't have free will and can only copy.

Therefore, the only two solutions to how a video game world is made have to defy psychology - and that means creativity involves free will, or creativity involves channeling other dimensions. I chose the second one this time because it was more fun to talk about.
edit on 02pmSat, 02 Nov 2013 23:20:35 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

St0rD

Just wondering mate, do you believe in life after death, or could we say, do you believe in the sustainment and transformation of our energy at the end of our life into something more conscious?

I see no repeatable and demonstratable evidence that there is anything more to our conciousness than atoms bumping around. A complex dance of physical particles. So, no, not until I see proof.

That is not to say there aren't many odd things out there that science just ignores. But until I see hard proof of something, I can't believe in it.

However, my main point is that we shouldn't assume there is a purpose. There doesn't need to be a purpose for things to happen. Yes, something causal, but not necessarily designed or directed.

(sorry for the delay to answer, I was well occupied this weekend)
edit on 4-11-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's fascinating how 'believer and non-believer' think in two opposite way. You remind me of one of my very good friend, god knows how many times we talked about life and its mysteries, which he enjoyed, but I couldn't really get him to acknowledge the presence of surnatural to life. He believes in energy and in conservation of it, but not in an after life whatsoever.

I respect your view my friend and understand when you say you need to have proofs for something to believe in it. But I ask you, what if it were one of the major purpose of life to find back our way home, even if it's believing in something we cannot really see and understand with our own 5 physical senses? A very important goal to remember all by ourselves what we really are? A challenge of some sort, an incredibly tough one.

Although I cannot prove there is something surnatural after death to anyone, because the only proof I have comes from within myself, I can certify to you there is more to beings and nature than just complex physical mechanisms. I've come to realize we all have the answers to life right within ourselves. Sometimes you just need the right real life situation to unlock it. The most mysterious truths of life are all to be found in the soul. You cannot understand everything that exists in this whole universe with the only use of your mind. It is very powerful but its actual function is to observe and think. This is why science always fails considerably when it does fail because it inhibits one particular aspect of life and its believing in something you cannot see. It's alright for science, because it's its main purpose to prove and understand things with 'undiscutable' experiments. However, one cannot only base his view and comprehension of the world in the hands of science, because it is only one side of the coin. One also need spirituality to be balanced.

We are living in a very fascinating period in the human history because it is the first time he decided not to believe in more than he could see. Before this whole advancement in technology, mankind always believed in something greater than him, a creator, an ultimate source of energy. Of course, it has also been biased so many times through history, but that doesn't mean everything was false. Science is the new religion.

I find it very ironic to see both how much we understand about the universe today compared to before technology was created and also how so little we really know in the end.

Just a little advice mate, but you need to shut down the mind to really see through the soul's eyes. Have you really had a time, even once, when you were just looking at life and people without even thinking about anything, with no mental activity in the head for 5 consecutives minutes? Not too many times I guess, eh? That's normal in this society, that's how everyone is nowadays. But it is not the only truth of life thinking.

There is something else, and when you stop thinking, then you see how magnificient and surnatural life really is.

edit on 5-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join