It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians and Aliens, (a 6-episode series from the Innuit and Cree of James Bay in the high North)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I came across something interesting and after searching carefully on ATS, I could not find where it has been mentioned before, so with fingers crossed that it has not yet been presented, I bring you the following. There are six episodes to this documentary in all, as well as a downloadable game called Indians and Aliens. I have watched the episodes but have not yet tried the game.

The photography of the isolated areas seems to add to the compelling hold it had on me, and I hope you enjoy the series as well. The filmmaker describes it as the James Bay Cree contribution to the global dialogue on UFOs. I hope you enjoy it. I can't compare it to Ancient Aliens because I have not seen that series yet, although someone kindly posted a site where I can go watch the episodes.

Below is the short trailer for the Cree series

You can find the series here:

NOTE-- the episodes are placed in reverse order on the page so unless you go down to the first episode and click on it, the last one will play automatically, something which would have spoiled it for me.

Indians and Aliens

If you care to follow the theme of UFOs in native history, there is an interesting-looking ATS thread (which I missed earlier this year but plan to read now) called
Ancient Indians and their Ufo folklore which does not speak with forked tongue

edit on 31-10-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Looks very good! Thanks for the link, I know what I'm doing tonight for Halloween

You might be interested in this book on the same topic:

amazon link

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Great! Enjoy your evening.
Thanks for your info too! I have so much to catch up on.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I can only find episode 6, what am i doing wrong

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I look forward to checking it out. Sounds interesting. Ill follow up after watching.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Can you scroll down the page more? You should then see the six boxes below the online screen window.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I was able to find only episode 6, which I've just completed... It was great, quality show right here.

But where on earth (literally) do i find the previous episodes?!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So glad you enjoyed it. The other episodes are in the small boxes directly under the viewing screen on this page

I don't know why they did it so that episode 6 plays automatically rather than the first one, but the others are underneath. You have to scroll down a little bit more. What is happening when you scroll down more? What do you see?
edit on 1-11-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

nope, there's just a "box" with ep 6 for me too..disabled my adblocker and still nothing..hmmm..did they take the rest down?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroPropulsion

They're still there for me. Perhaps someone with more technical abilities than I have can suggest some solution?

Bummer, huh? The only other thing I can suggest is to replay the last minute of the video you saw and then see if it loads the previous episode automatically, as that is what it does for me. Let me know what happens?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What device are you using to access the videos? Perhaps that's where the problem lies, though if you tell us, I'm confident that the site can work on fixing that.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was able to access via your link - odd how others can't.. interesting series!
Also enlightening to see it featured on the APTN network.
The APTN network was started over a decade ago, by Indians in northern Canada. We've watched their growth and successes over the years.

- they're one of those channels who started out with a low channel # - now they're in the 100s - made it harder for a few of their viewers to access them
They've assisted with Indian artists' productions, and have showcased award-winning series - the types of series you don't see elsewhere on tv.
Knowing this gives these videos more credence, to me.. these aren't just your basic "ancient aliens/history channel-type" stuff.
Thanks for posting it!
Here's a fave clip from a cool series that aired on APTN (and later the Space Channel) - named "Rabbit Fall", it was classified as a "supernatural cop drama" -- and that it was!

PS - have it on now--- its good so far! Again-- not like the typical docs - I tend to believe the Indians more than anyone else. Their wisdom is so ancient, tried; true. This series seems to be told by them - in front of and behind the camera - true APTN style. Cheers!
Does this link work at all?
Pt. 1 Indians & Aliens APTN
edit on 1-11-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: to add

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I just tried three different browsers, one on Android, two on Windows. Only episode 6 is visible to me as well.

This website might be filtering their shows by IP address location.

edit on 1-11-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm getting all six episode showing, but I'm in Canada perhaps it is a regional thing like when US sites bloke me for not being in the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When TV networks allow viewing of full episodes online, they often allow only the most recent episode to be viewed.

That is almost certainly what is happening here, with Canadian viewers being allowed to view all episodes while international viewers are restricted to the most recent episode. It's a shame too, I'd love to see the series and don't really want to skip straight to episode 6.

A Canadian proxy or VPN would probably do the trick here. Hopefully someone figures out a way to make the earlier episodes available.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

ItsEvolutionBaby
I was able to access via your link - odd how others can't.. interesting series!
Also enlightening to see it featured on the APTN network.
The APTN network was started over a decade ago, by Indians in northern Canada. We've watched their growth and successes over the years.

- they're one of those channels who started out with a low channel # - now they're in the 100s - made it harder for a few of their viewers to access them
They've assisted with Indian artists' productions, and have showcased award-winning series - the types of series you don't see elsewhere on tv.
Knowing this gives these videos more credence, to me.. these aren't just your basic "ancient aliens/history channel-type" stuff.
Thanks for posting it!
Here's a fave clip from a cool series that aired on APTN (and later the Space Channel) - named "Rabbit Fall", it was classified as a "supernatural cop drama" -- and that it was!

PS - have it on now--- its good so far! Again-- not like the typical docs - I tend to believe the Indians more than anyone else. Their wisdom is so ancient, tried; true. This series seems to be told by them - in front of and behind the camera - true APTN style. Cheers!
Does this link work at all?
Pt. 1 Indians & Aliens APTN
edit on 1-11-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: to add

It does not work for me - 404. Must be because of the country difference. Shame I would like to see it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

I found a different link to the full episodes. Perhaps the site worked on fixing the problem? Can you try this and let me know if it works for you? The link you tried has spaces in the URL.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by TXTriker

I found a different link to the full episodes. Perhaps the site worked on fixing the problem? Can you try this and let me know if it works for you? The link you tried has spaces in the URL.

Thanks the link worked but it was episode 6. Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Blocked for me as well, really wanted to check it out

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks OP. I have been looking for a fresh documentary to enjoy. S & F for you!

However, all the links either take me to episode 6 or to a 404'd page.

Bummer, I want to see them from beginning to end as well.

edit on 3-11-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join