It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS FOI Request -1st Day Obamacare Website Enrollment Numbers, Drumroll... Six

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

hahahah another nail in the americu*t coffin.

Enjoy LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

samuel1990
reply to post by elouina

hahahah another nail in the americu*t coffin.

Enjoy LOL

At this point I think dirt is being shoveled on too the box. Guess we're lucky we're not just put in a old shoe box or just flushed.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
at this rate they'll be lucky to have the 39,000 by march never minds per day.

Of course if they can fix the site the numbers going to incease but how many people have been permenantly put off the site either from trying to sign up of the media response.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Did anyone watch Southpark this week? The 'Canadian Puberty' episode??
Southpark NAILED Obamacare. It was hilarious.
And that they managed to shame Miley-the twerk at the same time was an added bonus.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So no one noticed that this article is talking about when the site first started? Kind of hard for people to sign up when parts of it was shut down. And it gave reasons why they wasn't signing up.

"Direct enrollment (signing up directly on an insurer's website) is not working for any issuers." "Experian" credit reporting agency is "creating confusion with credit check information." "Issuer phone numbers are not appearing correctly on the Pay Now page."

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Politicians honest answer: "enrollment is up 600% from the previous days total."

Sounds like a roaring success when put that way.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I was wondering when the Obama apologists would show up in this thread to try to spin the bad news so it doesn't make Obama and his healthcrap plan look so bad. Obamacare could be about to bankrupt the country and send it into anarchy tomorrow and people like you would still be out downplaying the news and singing its praises. I was listening to CSPAN's National Review this morning and there are actually Democrats out there who are STILL managing to blame the Republicans for this debacle even though they [Republicans] want nothing to do with it.

Hey I got an idea, how about addressing marg's point about 90% of the signers are medicade and not enough healthy people signing up? But no I'm sure the front loaded people getting a benefit out of this plan (and consequently putting a monetary drain on it) is a good thing in your mind even though there aren't anywhere near enough healthy people signing up.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by elouina

Actually the sign ups for the Medicaid emergency plan was way before the Obamacare was up, one year ago, the problems is that the fund that was assigned to the sign ups ran dry too fast, leaving many people hanging.

Apparently the Medicaid from the Feds is supposed to go bye-bye in a year or two and the states will have to pick it up which they can't afford. This is looking worse and worse every minute. This is much worse than a train wreck, it's completely destroying. So now one small group that didn't have insurance will be covered (supposedly) and 90 some million will be without. Good trade off. But no one is addressing the serious problem. Your family is cancelled by your insurance carrier. Obamacare doesn't even begin to go into effect until Jan 1, 2014. Even if you could afford the outrageous premiums I've heard of, you have no insurance until then so if you break your arm, get cancer, an appendicitis attack, heart attack, whatever. You are on your own. If you can't afford the premiums, same thing, no help for you. And that doesn't get ANY better.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Is this a race or a competition?

Does someone signing up on day 1 get a prize?

Does it matter how many signed up on the first day or should it matter how many sign up at the end of enrollment?

Keep trying Republicans....keep trying.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Here we go again.

No one claimed it was a race, but certainly even you can see a discrepancy between 4.6 million unique visits to the website with only 6 enrollees. I'm sure any company will view that as a progress and a sign that they will be fiscally solvent.

In order to see this thing as a success we need 7 million enrollees. Well when is this ball supposed to start rolling? Because it certainly doesn't look like it has the acceleration to gain the appropriate velocity to reach the aforementioned 7 million people. Of course, you are a democrat, Obama can do no wrong in your eyes. I'm sure that when this program fails you'll think of some way to blame the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
only people who watch cnn care about obamacare. millions of others are just going about their lives like who cares.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Sounds like the perfect way to demoralize and bring down America even farther.

A president and his handlers with enough hatred in their heart for America and Americans way of life they are willing to look like morons and push through a unusable healthcare program, which left millions of people without insurance, and without the capability to purchase insurance.

I am starting to think this was no accident.

edit on 103030p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

marg6043
When people goes into the Obamacrap web site and look into the insurance exchange to find out how much they will be paying they get a hart attack that is why they can not finish the signing in into the exchange.

I been sarcastic.

Most of the people that are trying to get into Obama site are actually those that do not qualify thinking that Obama is going to be free, the needy and poor.

edit on 31-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Actually you're not far off. I had a look to see how much my insurance would cost through the ACA website and what kind of services I would then receive for the price. When I saw the numbers, I quickly clicked the "X" to get me the hell out of there before I had a heart attack.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Here we go again.

No one claimed it was a race, but certainly even you can see a discrepancy between 4.6 million unique visits to the website with only 6 enrollees. I'm sure any company will view that as a progress and a sign that they will be fiscally solvent.

In order to see this thing as a success we need 7 million enrollees. Well when is this ball supposed to start rolling? Because it certainly doesn't look like it has the acceleration to gain the appropriate velocity to reach the aforementioned 7 million people. Of course, you are a democrat, Obama can do no wrong in your eyes. I'm sure that when this program fails you'll think of some way to blame the Republicans.

The website is a mess, myself and many other on the left have openly admitted that.

I have also stated many times that even if the website was 100% functional, I would be surprised if there was a huge enrolment on the first day...not even the first month. Any logical person should be looking at all their coverage options and making a decision after they research the different plans available to them.

But, you and those on the Right want to use this as a petty political talking point. We don't even have official numbers, we have leaks and partial memos and rumors...we don't have official numbers. I have no idea what they will be for the first 90 days...neither do you...but you go ahead and fist pump for the rumored low numbers.

No one is denying, not even Obama or the HHS, that the rollout was an embarrassment and a complete failure...I agree. But in the long run, that doesn't matter at all. As long as it is fixed, it will be a footnote in the larger story. It's not a race, the amount of people who signed up on day one has zero significance in the long run.

So the real question is why are you and others so giddy about a rumored number from day one?

And where did you come up with the 7 million number for it to be a success?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The whole Obamacare debacle is a royal clusterf#$k.

2nd

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Um.. Obama has been saying that number for a while. I would have thought you would have known your messiah's own words.

nation.time.com...

Obamacare needs 39,000 enrollments per day in order to reach its goal of 7 million by March 1st.

www.politico.com...

The administration hopes to get 7 million people enrolled in coverage through the exchanges by the end of March, and millions more on Medicaid.

Though really, I'd like to know at what point you'd consider this bill a failure. I mean by all accounts, the writing is on the wall. Thousands being kicked off their insurance for petty things like being male and not having prenatal care or maternal care, glitchy website, close to $1 billion spent to make and fix the website, doctors retiring early and citing Obamacare as a reason for it, hospitals are now saying they won't be accepting Obamacare insurances, massive sticker shock among the populace, by all accounts only people with pre-existing conditions and the poor are signing up while the healthy aren't signing up, and probably more things. Does this law have to literally tear our country apart before you'd accept it as bad legislation?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by elouina

Is this a race or a competition?

Does someone signing up on day 1 get a prize?

Does it matter how many signed up on the first day or should it matter how many sign up at the end of enrollment?

Keep trying Republicans....keep trying.

No race or competition, but it is awfully funny! And for signing up early you get the privileged of fainting on national TV. Looks like we had a winner!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is too funny to me, you just cant make this kind of stupid up. I cant stop laughing at the fact that only 6 people enrolled, shamefully someone from my own state made it up there.

This bill is a joke, and after these numbers get spread about a bit, you will be sure to watch this crap FAIL.

If you want a real answer go listen to Bobby Jindal and his plan for New Orleans, a REAL plan, that is already working and providing more folks with better health services.

Not to mention Jindal is a smart man. I listened to an interview last Sunday and he said he isnt even thinking of running until he has all of his ducks in a row. He wants majorities likely all across government so he can implement real plans for change. Keep an eye out, that man will be our President one day and one we can really be proud of, not this Fool-In-Chief

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Well, let's wait until March 2014 to see if they meet that goal or not...maybe they will...maybe they won't. Regardless, it doesn't mean that the ACA is a success or failure. We won't know that for at least 5 years down the road. Again, this isn't a race or a competition...it is life...this is how life works.

You can keep cheering for a failure...but I would rather just wait and see.

Though really, I'd like to know at what point you'd consider this bill a failure. I mean by all accounts, the writing is on the wall. Thousands being kicked off their insurance for petty things like being male and not having prenatal care or maternal care, glitchy website, close to $1 billion spent to make and fix the website, doctors retiring early and citing Obamacare as a reason for it, hospitals are now saying they won't be accepting Obamacare insurances, massive sticker shock among the populace, by all accounts only people with pre-existing conditions and the poor are signing up while the healthy aren't signing up, and probably more things. Does this law have to literally tear our country apart before you'd accept it as bad legislation?

It seems like you don't understand how large pieces of legislation like this work. Go do some research on Medicare part D...tell me if it started out well and tell me what the current state of it is.

Insurance companies cancelling plans is not the fault of the administration, they can't control what insurance plans these companies decide to keep. From what I understand, they can grandfather these plans into the ACA...but they are choosing not to and shifting the blame onto the ACA.

And the rest of your post is just complete bullcrap Republican talking points.

Hospitals are not going to accept "Obamacare" insurance??? LOL...that is such a ignorant comment. So they aren't going to accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield? Because, you know...they are offering plans on the marketplace. Please...give me a source on this nonsense.

And to say that doctors are retiring due to this is just more idiotic rhetoric from the Right....give me some numbers...not one nutty right wing doctor willing to go on to Fox News...show me a trend.

Here is the thing, myself and most on the left have always known this is not the optimal piece of legislation. This is the crutch we have to lean on until those on the Right understand that the only solution is a single payer system. I don't think the ACA was specifically designed to collapse the system...but with help from Republicans...it may just do that with them scaring people from signing up, encouraging young healthy people not to sign up, and by Republican states refusing to expand their Medicaid programs...it may just collapse our horrible insurance industry. And then we have no choice but to move to single payer.

It's funny, because what you don't seem to understand is that either way this goes...it is ultimately a success. Either the ACA succeeds or we get single payer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join