It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Barack Obama's List of Historic Firsts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Okay, (rubs hands together), I did a boo-boo trying to post this thread the first time, so I am going to redo it and see if this time, it sticks! lol.

So I came across this first through facebook, but that is not allowed, the link. We have to search out more reputable sources and such, and put it in the correct format.

Anyhow. I was reading this list of historical firsts and was simply astonished! How is it, this man, the administration and not all of Capitol hill isn't being raked over the coals with some of these allegations?!? I'm rather new to the political arena, so I'm still getting my bearings and trying to figure out where I stand, what political parties I identify with. Let me tell you, it's a rather painful process!

President Barack Obama's List of Firsts

• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post) • First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU) • First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider) • First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate) • First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.) • First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN) • First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz) • First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)

For a full list, please click the link and read through. It's quite an eye-opener if you are just starting to really study politics; and get an understanding of where this country is headed. I'm still trying to identify with what ideologies and political groups I agree with. Sometimes, I really wish I'd just kept my head in UFO's, Paranormal, and Spiritual studies. However, once you see, you can't un-see or un-know what you learn. There just is not going back and sticking your head in the sand.

Don't re-elect ANYBODY! As we said in the military, STOP THE MADNESS!

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
that is a big list....he will be a memorable president for all the wrong reasons apparently......

i might have missed it as i was fumbling through but where was the bit about threatening the people with welfare cuts if the debt ceiling was not raised ?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. This article was written in July of 2013. A bit before the Debt Ceiling fiasco hit full bloom. There is this little nugget from the source site though, which has further source links to pursue at one's leisure...

• First President to Increase Food Stamp Spending By More Than 100% in Less Than Four Years (Source: Sen. Jeff Sessions)

CdT

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Thanks god the list isn't as long as this dunderhead's one!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And I thought there was no way anyone could be a more disreputable, constitution-killing, egotistical, condescending, amoral, lying sleaze-bag than Dubya...boy was I wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, I didn't like him either! LOL.

This is why I think we really need to hold both parties accountable. As the prior, just paved the way for the next, regardless of whether they a Dem or Republican.

What can be done? When a government becomes so big, and so corrupt, that there really is no recourse for redirect? Are we truly at the cliff?

Ugghhh. Politics makes want to cry!

ETA - And just give this administration time Aloysius! They just might trump that list, they've got a few more years to rack em' up!

CdT
edit on 30-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Good thing is, imo, CdT, we don't have do be goaded into doing anything rash---that's probably what these globalist pansies want anyway.

At this late date in the game, we can just sit back and watch history and karma have its way with these small-minded thugs.

The cosmic tidy-bowl man don't take no crap. *Cue the flushing sound*
edit on 30-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

No one liked Bush either.

Why did you hijack this thread with you post?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Da' Chicken don't dance, Metallicus, unless da' man pays the Quarter. You can find him on the Value Menu. Then he'll get jiggy and bust a move. Word.

HaHa, just pulling your McNuggets, Chicken. Dance for tha' man, Leghorn, Dance!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Metallicus

Aloysius the Gaul

Just curious.

Because any time anyone says they don't agree with/don't prefer Obama, someone HAS to bring up Bush.

It never fails.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

daryllyn

Metallicus

Aloysius the Gaul

Just curious.

Because any time anyone says they don't agree with/don't prefer Obama, someone HAS to bring up Bush.

It never fails.

Nah - because every time anyone slags off at Obama it's useful to point out that he's not actually the worst president ever :p

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Metallicus

Aloysius the Gaul

Just curious.

Because context is everything - and the performance of any president should be compared to the performance of other presidents.

this forum is US Political Madness after all - and there's plenty of it!

BTW I've never voted for Obama or any democrat, and I did and still do like Bush - he's an idiot - but a likeable one!

edit on 30-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And did they forget he is the first African American president??

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Nah - because every time anyone slags off at Obama it's useful to point out that he's not actually the worst president ever :p

Its just funny to me, because its like..

BUT BUT BUT!! LOOK WHAT BUSH DID!! Just looook!

It reminds me of when one of my boys gets into trouble and they try to throw the other one under the bus to get the attention off of themselves

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I wish that someone would do a daily episode (1/2 to 1 hour) a week or two before elections. They could call it "Vetting the President." The first three episodes would be on the previous three POTUS and the last two would call into question the two candidates. It could be adjusted if their were three serious contenders. It would serve as a reminder.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I really like that idea!

It would also help those like myself, who are adrift in understanding their own political leanings, to get a handle on what they agree and disagree with.

What they don't want to see repeated from prior presidency's, what we would like changed - enacted by prior administrations... and so on and so forth.

CdT
edit on 30-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarified thought

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

daryllyn

Its just funny to me, because its like..

BUT BUT BUT!! LOOK WHAT BUSH DID!! Just looook!

It reminds me of when one of my boys gets into trouble and they try to throw the other one under the bus to get the attention off of themselves

Makes more sense than "Obama's a communist traitor who is going to destroy the constitution and take our guns away"

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

denyego26
And did they forget he is the first African American president??

and Technically....

The first 1/2 Black President.

And,

The first 1/2 White President.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
Makes more sense than "Obama's a communist traitor who is going to destroy the constitution and take our guns away"

Insert "sell-out Globalist prostitute" for "communist" and it's a home-run that fits the facts.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I find these two extremely alarming !!

• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals
(Source: Politico)

• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas
(Source: Business Insider)

We simply can't trust either of these two jokers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join