It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning Behind My Avatar Design, What Is Your Avatar Supposed To Represent?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

DrumsRfun
I'm Batman.

Best Snicker's commercial EVER... until Betty White took over

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

From your post :-

"noun 1. Hindu Mythology . the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.

Of course you are entitled to give your own definition."

I'm not Humpty Dumpty, giving words my own definition -- that would render me completely unintelligible, (rather than just annoyingly obscure.)

My point was that as the Hindu definition explains, we are gods, or divine beings, in an earthly form, called an avatar.
Consequently there is something slightly circular in an avatar having an avatar.

When you say "To me the Avatar in this instance applies more to an alter ego or extension of a personality," then you are expressing an opinion, and your own definition -- with unimpeachable clarity. However - the distinction, important to some, between an alter ego and an avatar is unfortunately muddied when you do that.

You really have to enjoy language as much as I do, to become as pernickety about it as I am.

Congratulations on a revealing thread -- very enjoyable.

mistersmith.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Very creative!

Mine is simply translucent and hiding, I;m not entirely sure why I like it. It could symbolize blending in and hiding.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HerMisfits

It seems to be seductive and mysterious. If you look anything like that in real life vavavavoom.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join