It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning Behind My Avatar Design, What Is Your Avatar Supposed To Represent?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It's a nice color

:-)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Saw cody post this avatar in the halloween avatar contest thread and loved it. Asked if I could use it and received permission. No secret super special meaning... Just something that I think looks cool. I also like the caption for top secret reasons.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Interesting opinion. To me the Avatar in this instance applies more to an alter ego or extension of a personality. It does have other definitions applied to it that pertain to the following:

en.wikipedia.org...

In computing, an avatar (usually translated from Sanskrit as incarnation) is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character.

dictionary.reference.com...

noun 1. Hindu Mythology . the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.

Of course you are entitled to give your own definition. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Never watched that movie, the previews were creepy. I don't do creepy and weird movies. Cool avatar though and thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who guards the guards?

That's where it comes from. It basically expresses the conundrum that you can never create a law without putting someone above it. How else is the law to be upheld?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm Batman.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

Well Superman was always one of my favorites, along with Batman, Spiderman and the Hulk. I hated this scene in the movie because I was forced to see a side of him that I didn't like. Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Never watched that movie, the previews were creepy. I don't do creepy and weird movies. Cool avatar though and thanks for sharing.

When I revealed that I had finally seen it, the reactions from my lose friends were, "WHAAAA? You only just NOW watched it? What took ya so long?"

Because they know I'm a junkie for idealist stories. And V for Vendetta is absolutely idealist. It's revolutionary, it's transcendent, it's inspirational, and it's utterly inflammatory. I highly recommend it.

...Oh, and if you don't do creepy and weird, then my deepest condolences for your having been born a member of the human species. Life must be absolutely hell for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Psychedelic dude. Far out. Reminds me of hippy dippy tie dye days. Peace Out.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Eh? Yeah Canadian Flag brings back horrible nightmares for me....Just kidding Beez...thanks for stopping by and gracing us with your indomitable bunny spirit.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Never been much of a heavy metal lover, most of the lyrics I hear I don't understand. Might have something to do with my hearing deficiency. Then again it might also have to do with the generally violent nature. I prefer easy listening songs with sweet melodies and words I can relate too. Party On Dude and thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Free is good, hate to think you paid for it. Keep telling yourself that about how it makes you look, you will eventually believe it....I know I feel completely capable of trusting you, NOT! Just kidding. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Hey.....tell us about your avatar right now. No hit and runs allowed you you you big ape you. lol

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Does the Terminator ring a bell? That is what I see here. And yes Cody is phenomenally talented.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes you would appear to be dressed as something. But why? Do tell....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I love your avatar. I actually used to spend hours when I was in college taking pictures of trees in B & W. I just always loved the energy and soul. I even want to do a coffee table book about trees someday. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My avatar is the great Harry Houdini.
i chose this picture not because of any hidden meaning like two faces or im watching you etc.
Look at the picture. How did he do that? It has'nt been tampered with. It should'nt be possible. It was taken over 60 years ago. So the knowledge is secret...... SecretKnowledge.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Oh, crap...

I only meant to do the drive by

You're newish here (nice to meet you by the way)

Once upon a time I used to change my avatar often - very often - always an ape or monkey

You want something deeper?

Well, it's a baboon...In a field of poppies - under the moonlight

it's a monkey Rorschach - let it be whatever you want it to be

:-)

it might be time for a new one - been saying that for a while now - but I feel one coming on

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I only recently put up an avatar. I was going through personal pics and decided to use this one of my lil guy checking out the latest news on ATS. He has this thing about earthquakes.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I just like the sentiment of mine. I think we should all remember that we are awesome at least once in a day.

I was torn between my current one and this.....

I also think we should be reminded daily how douchey we are as well.....BUT remembering you are Awesome is better than remembering you are a douche, so I chose awesome......

I reserve the right to change it if I ever become more jaded though...lol

edit on 10 30 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join