It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning Behind My Avatar Design, What Is Your Avatar Supposed To Represent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Everyone has a reason for choosing their avatar from whimsical to esoteric to silly to spiritual. Some of you made your own and some of you created one from scratch. Some found pictures they liked and some used personal pictures. Some of you have something you collect or adore. Me? I made mine for spiritual reasons and it was my hope and desire to express and inspire.

Recently, I had another member inquire as to the origin and meaning behind my avatar creation:

hi, was just wondering about your avatar. did you make it yourself? what does it mean? the reason I ask is it looks very similar to a symbol I had a vision of many years ago with a message. I even made a thread about it in November 2011 (I think) anyway was just wondering as I have still not found the true meaning of this symbol kind regards

So, I decided that I would share with you what my response was to them and ask others to share the origins and reasons they have theirs.

Thanks for noticing. I did create it myself. It is a four pointed star, symbolizing the four elements. The heart is love and the star in the middle of the heart is the soul. The lightning bolts emanating are the electromagnetic energy pulses created by these connections. The other pieces are meant to represent the universal dimensions. Kindest regards, Soul

Please, share!

Soul

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

A tie in with my name, which is a reference to the Illuminatus! Trilogy co-written by Robert Anton Wilson. The Illuminatus! Triolgy deals, in part with the notion that Adam Weishaupt founder of the Bavarian Illuminati replaced George Washington as a founding father. So my picture if Robert Anton Wilson's head superimposed over Washington's. The Groucho glasses on the Eye of Providence topped Masonic Pyramid is a reminder not to take any of this too seriously.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Anyone who has seen the film V for Vendetta should recognize my avatar.

More often than not, our greatest victories are only realized after we've been baptized by flame and awakened by rain. In short, my avatar represents the revolution of the human spirit. A small but loud part of me also takes a perverse pleasure in recognizing the animal rebellion that drives such a transformation...a "revolt or perish" response that I feel serves a critical purpose in our species.
edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Im in the prcess of changing my avatar (to my background picture, which is a glorified yingyang) but my current one is just, well theres a moment in time when you sit down and have a drink, wether its alone or with company that it all falls into place and you ARE superman, then it generally goes downhill from there.

Anyone who likes a drop or worked in the bar game will know what im talkin' about.

edit on 30-10-2013 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This avatar is a work that aims at a void that signifies precisely the non-being of what it represents,
Even as a young child my fascination with with the esoteric aesthetic forced me to think in terms creating;
actually a suggestion of performance psychically involving the viewer with the creative process, provoking instinctive responses to the precarious composition and graphics. As spatial derivatives become reconfigured through studious and repetitive practice, the viewer is left with a hymn to the inaccuracies of our culture

edit on 30-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
These are not merely avatars, they are the avatars of avatars.
Since we are avatars, further representations are futile ...?

The fierce warriors make me giggle --
Who are they trying to kid ?
The winsome faerie women --
In your dreams.
Where there's humour, there's hope.
But most are a bit sad.
ElysiumFire ------ just loving the hat...
The cat jumping out of the hatch --
Now there's class.

mistersmith.

"What fools these mortals be". Puck, Midsummer Night's Dream.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My avatar is my face, shot through one of the dafter looking image filters available on an iPad. It is meant to represent ... My face. I thought it would be amusing to inflict it on you all ! :p

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

mistersmith

These are not merely avatars, they are the avatars of avatars.
Since we are avatars, further representations are futile ...?

The fierce warriors make me giggle --
Who are they trying to kid ?
The winsome faerie women --
In your dreams.
Where there's humour, there's hope.
But most are a bit sad.
ElysiumFire ------ just loving the hat...
The cat jumping out of the hatch --
Now there's class.

mistersmith.

"What fools these mortals be". Puck, Midsummer Night's Dream.

Call me jaded, (not my name, but you can call me that), but anytime I see an avatar that appears to be a fierce warrior I imagine the cast of the "Big Bang Theory"... the mental image I immediately get is of Wolowitz with a troll under a bridge just double clicking away...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My avatar is of a crying bunny, representing my blood-thirsty warrior spirit.

The Canadian flag? I'm kinda disgusted with America right now, eh?

ETA: HEEHEE, I said blood-thirsty warrior right after the post above mine!
edit on 30-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ranong
Im in the prcess of changing my avatar (to my background picture, which is a glorified yingyang) but my current one is just, well theres a moment in time when you sit down and have a drink, wether its alone or with company that it all falls into place and you ARE superman, then it generally goes downhill from there.

Anyone who likes a drop or worked in the bar game will know what im talkin' about.

edit on 30-10-2013 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

I would keep that avatar... I think if Superman was real, with the world in the current state that it is, he'd be pounding shots...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Black metal pics make me laugh a lot because of how ridiculous they are..
In this case I chose the band Immortal who are known for being near the top when it comes to silly black metal poses.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

beezzer
My avatar is of a crying bunny, representing my blood-thirsty warrior spirit.

The Canadian flag? I'm kinda disgusted with America right now, eh?

ETA: HEEHEE, I said blood-thirsty warrior right after the post above mine!
edit on 30-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Accidental comedic timing... the gods must be crazy...

Anyone seen my coke bottle?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

olaru12
This avatar is a work that aims at a void that signifies precisely the non-being of what it represents,

actually a suggestion of performance psychically involving the viewer with the creative process, provoking instinctive responses to the precarious composition and graphics.

Hee hee. I love your color choices as well. Sort of free floating and when combined with the font it leaves me feeling almost spiritual.

As for my avatar it makes me look trustworthy and compassionate. Plus I got it for free.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I chose mine because I just like the illusion brought about by the trees, plus it reminds me of trees in my back yard when I owned a home.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting.

Accessdenied made my avatar and fortanthem made the eyes blue, since I'm nat the blue eyed cat.

I liked how the cats eyes are..it looks displeased, and I am visited by 5 crows daily so I thought the crow on the cats head was perfect. I usually change my avatar a lot...but I really like this cat and I may just wear it always

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Kind of looks like Homer Simpson. Thanks for participating.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Very creative and original. Personally, I do believe in the value of symbols. Not what they claim to represent, but the energy the actually possess. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Hmmm! You don't say? I suppose you put a great deal of effort into the color. At least you got creative there. Pretty color btw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join