It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chip In The Head: Brain Implants Will Be Connecting People To The Internet By The Year 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

I will agree that the movie was garbage, but the story went along with what you had said about commercials sent directly to you brain, via a chip implanted in the skull.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
There's a book called "Feed" everyone should read. Can't remember the author. But I read it about 13 years ago and it's about this exact thing.

I was given that very same book by my English teacher as a gift (still don't know why, but I'm sure it was because I really enjoyed reading 1984 and Brave New World).

The idea of having a chip in mine or another person's brain for entertainment purposes (note: I'm not against it for medical reasons), isn't something I would jump on the bandwagon for. It's a pretty bad idea because:

1. Unless the device is coded in Linux, it can be hacked - I mean, look at the list of devices that companies claimed couldn't be hacked (cough, PSP, cough). Even Linux doesn't guarantee that the device is safe. Now, imagine that someone found out how to control how the device sends information out, and decides to "think" up their own interface for hacking purposes.

2. When something becomes that integrated with another object, not only is it harder to fix, but the more likely something can break. Real world example: Windows 8. On most of the newer PC's, Windows 8 is not just an OS, but now it's wired into the BIOS as well - I had to force Windows 8 off this laptop, kicking & screaming all the way. Were it not so attached to everything, the uninstall process would have taken maybe an hour at most.

Now, say you have a device that not only manages your memories, but maybe manages your heart rate, body temperature, muscle actions, etc. What do you think would happen if that device suddenly failed? My bet would be this: You'd be like a computer that cannot boot - frozen; you might not be able to see, or even walk, because this device has wired itself to be a part of you.

My only hope is that if this tech does become mainstream, I can keep my job in the tech industry - although somehow, I don't think I'd have any chance to compete against someone that can think up a program vs myself, who can only type as fast as the computer lets me.

-fossilera

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Is SUBNET related to SKYNET? Like, are they cousins or sumthin?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The fact that people on here are ready and willing to have a chip implanted in their brains shows me there's plenty of space for a big chip to go in...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Watch "Transcendent Man"

It is out there on the internet. In it you will see what the trans-humanist goals are for the future.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Fascinating, promising, potentially revolutionary technology.

But at the same time very, very scary.

We think the NSA spying is scary now? How about when they can use a "backdoor" to simply go in and download all your thoughts, feelings, plans, etc.

How about the possibility of skilled hackers, making their way into your "system" and gaining control of your mind, or who knows, maybe eventually even your body?

This could be the means to ultimate control.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If there aim was really about preventing or curing disease, they would build a re-atomizer to rengineer the atoms in your brain to baseline to prevent disease in a non invasive way, this is mark of the beast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join