It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS *** Regarding Those TankerEnemy Chemtrail Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Upon reviewing certain videos by the YouTube user TankerEnemy, the Admin and Staff have made the decision that going forward, any thread that is started using these videos will automatically be placed into the HOAX forum, and any reply using these videos will be removed.

The reason for this comes from the following video(one of many similar videos):

In this video you can clearly see TankerEnemy pointing out several "nozzles" and "spraying equipment" on the aircraft.

Now, for the original video:

In the original you can clearly hear the crew filming making jokes about "spraying" and saying "I have to put this on YouTube.

At the 0:15 mark in the TankerEnemy video, when he highlights the "nozzles", what he is pointing to are actually the pieces sticking down under the wing. They're aerodynamic fairings on the bottom of the flap, and they are solid, with no way for anything to be sprayed through them.

Based on this, and other videos that have been shown to be hoaxes by this person, we will be implementing this policy immediately.

Thank you.
edit on 10/30/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Flaged!!!

This is overdue, too many known hoax's being used marketed as "credible" sources by some on ATS.

Thanks to the mods for taking this action.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Zaphod58
Upon reviewing certain videos by the YouTube user TankerEnemy, the Admin and Staff have made the decision that going forward, any thread that is started using these videos will automatically be placed into the HOAX forum, and any reply using these videos will be removed.

The reason for this comes from the following video(one of many similar videos):

In this video you can clearly see TankerEnemy pointing out several "nozzles" and "spraying equipment" on the aircraft.

Now, for the original video:

In the original you can clearly hear the crew filming making jokes about "spraying" and saying "I have to put this on YouTube.

At the 0:15 mark in the TankerEnemy video, when he highlights the "nozzles", what he is pointing to are actually the pieces sticking down under the wing. They're aerodynamic fairings on the bottom of the flap, and they are solid, with no way for anything to be sprayed through them.

Based on this, and other videos that have been shown to be hoaxes by this person, we will be implementing this policy immediately.

Thank you.
edit on 10/30/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Can you or anybody else explain to me why the "contrails" are intermittent?
The atmospheric conditions are either conducive to contrails or they are not, but both at the same time?
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 30 Oct 2013 13:16:11 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

As this is not the right place to answer that question, I sent you a U2U with the answer.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.
Perhaps there should be a thread that discusses and names hoaxers found on you tube so that members can cross reference before including them in their research.

I'm still learning to not jump ahead of myself when it comes to threads...tips like these would help people learn better research sources and techniques...I still have a lot to learn...I can admit to being naive.

Noted.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ADMIN NOTE OF WARNING:

This thread is not a debate over the finer points of the video. It is an announcement as to the site handling of the videos posted by youtube user TankerEnemy that the owners and administrators have determined to be intentional hoaxes.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

a hoaxer hall of shame listing would be nice. we can put it in the hoax forum, right at the top, for people to cross reference.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Crakeur

a hoaxer hall of shame listing would be nice. we can put it in the hoax forum, right at the top, for people to cross reference.

There is a difference between a deliberate hoaxer and someone that inadvertently shares a hoax or two.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Crakeur

Now THAT is a great idea. I know that list would be very big very quick but would definitely help in identifying known hoaxers, especially for newer members.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Crakeur

That is a awesome idea

just a sticky thread on the hoax forum with a list of websites that show all known hoax sources with a clause that any thread using only one of these links will be automatically hoaxed.

I would take it a step further and name and shame members who post more than 2 or 3 hoax's but then again I am just a little cruel

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just tried to start a new thread in this forum (Board Business & Questions)...but I was informed that I wasn't allowed to post here. I can't post in the Hoax bin...

Posts in this thread need a certain format to make referencing quick.

For example:

Cryptozoology::::Video
(paste link)
Brief description: Guy in a gilly suit
....comments

Politics:::::News Article
(paste link)
Paste headline
(post comments, if any)....blah, blah, blah...

UFO::::::Video
(Paste link)
(where, when)
...personal comments

Enviroment::::Video
(paste link)
Fake Sky sounds
When and where

Anyway...I think that this would help researchers navigate the thread easier.
Mods...tell me what I need to do so that a thread can be put in the right forum.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

hold off on posting. I'll start a thread for everyone to post in.

Here you go
edit on 30-10-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Good call by staff on the TankerEnemy hoax video.

Is there a possibility of sending any video touting Orgone chemtrail busters for administrative review next?

As a side note, this is a nice reaffirmation that the inmates aren't running the asylum...

edit on 30-10-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Crakeur
ADMIN NOTE OF WARNING:

This thread is not a debate over the finer points of the video. It is an announcement as to the site handling of the videos posted by youtube user TankerEnemy that the owners and administrators have determined to be intentional hoaxes.

Thank you.

I can't help think about the boy who cried wolf. What happens if there actually is a wolf? We may miss out.

Not defending this person just defending the right for people to choose what to believe.

Edit: Congrats on getting your 3 millionth star!!

edit on 30-10-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

This probably needs to be pinned in the CT/Geoeng forum too??

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is all I can do...

Although I must say I will miss debunking them...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Isn't HOAX a little strong of a word as true as it may be, there is NO possible way for either side of the debate could PROVE either side? ATS staff are not the administrators of TRUTH, they are just another opinion who happens to control the delete button.

This is not the place to argue the merits of the information in the video, I agree; however, maybe calling these threads and sources that the ATS staff does not agree with 'NOT SUITABLE FOR ATS' or 'NSFATS' Is a more fair and accurate classification than HOAX. AT least until there has been a credible investigation to prove it is in FACT a hoax, which obviously is not being done here.

edit on 11-11-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

MALBOSIA,
It was a spoof from the first day that the USAF crew member uploaded the video. The crew member is open to questions and has already invited a chemtrail believer on to his base for a visit. See video comments. Get an invite and you could check out those 'spraying nozzles' up close

I wonder how many chemtrail believers have also seen the up-close video of the aerodynamic contrails also from the USAF crew member?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Why are you replying to me? I never asked anyone for MORE
opinion. That question was meant for site staff.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So which tankerenemy site is now verboten on ATS? Is it tanker-enemy or tankerenemy or Tankerenemy or Tanker Enemy or tankerenemyblog or...??!! Or are key words tanker and enemy a no no? Would a site that just has tanker or enemy (not both) be ok or do you think we shouldn't discuss those either, OP? How about enemytanker? Or what about et? Or te? What about those letters? Shouldn't really use those either?? Some clarity, pleeeease!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join