It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twisting quotes and putting words in one mouth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

crazyewok

False quotes and distortation of ones views should be left to fox news and other MSM outlets

TALK ABOUT an example of

DISTORTING!

Fox distorts least of the MSM. Sheesh.

I think y'all have also left off the cases where a respondent merely spring boards off of a phrase or a sentence or a paragraph . . . into what the phrase etc. triggered in their noggin. No malice or unfitting distortion intended at all. They were merely triggered to say something directly or tangentially related per their own constructions on reality.

Yet, some folks COULD think of their doing so . . . maliciously . . . DISTORTING what they did! Sigh.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

In fact, for awhile the staff were practically begging people to send an alert. It's really hard to catch everything on a board this size.
Well it is difficult at times to know when exactly.

Like calling the police, it better be something serious. Nobody likes a tattle tale. The good news is that this is one of the most polite sites I know. Theres a reason for that… the Mods.The other good news is I always show up late and miss the action. Can't find my butt with a bell on it…

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We would honestly rather you send in an alert that results in no action, than not send one in on something that needs action. Easier to do nothing, than not do something when we should.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

intrptr

Like calling the police, it better be something serious. Nobody likes a tattle tale.

Yup, that's true. And because of that, when somebody does get dinged for some T&C infraction, the one getting dinged thinks it's just dandy to start pointing fingers at all the ones we didn't see or get alerts on.

The truth is, staff can't be everywhere like some kind of omnipresent Being. We really do count on the membership alerting stuff even when it's a quote that's been changed. Little digs can lead to big fights and, the next thing you know, members are finding themselves in hot water with staff, pm's are flying around, members are being post banned or worse and everybody concerned has a bad hair day.

No fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

hey,

and you get cookies!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah......about that......

I apoligise for being a little erm hot headed......
edit on 30-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If my 'black and white' - referencable sentences are hashed in a reply, using the new version...I have already made my mind up about the reply, and the psychology of the replier.

Å99

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

reply to post by masqua

Got it, thanks guys.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is actually one of the things that keeps me away from ATS these days. It seems there are more and more people who are seemingly doing this intentionally.

It's almost as if they're using your words, intentionally leeching onto just one phrase and purposefully ignoring the entire rest of your post, just to find an opportunity to practice their ignorance on. Don't they know they don't need a quote to jump off from to do this? Ha. Anyway, I guess it makes them feel superior or something.

Not my problem really and not even worth a response in 99 out of 100 cases. I just stay away from them and places where they congregate anymore. Sad really because this used to be a much cooler place.

edit on 10/30/2013 by ~Lucidity because: Grammar OCD...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join