It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if we were actually visited by UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

WTF ???? do you even know what sentience is ?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

hotel1

It is extremely gratifying to encounter someone who has as little or even less faith in human nature than I do.

Humans are a very young species and haven't found
their place in the world; that's all. No shame in
being a toddler.

KPB

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

WTF ???? do you even know what sentience is ?

Someone with the profile name of "ignorant ape"
asks me that? That's off-the-scale ironic funny!

Yah, I know the dictionary definition.. and the
related definition of sapience. But when another
being has 1 million times your 'sentience' the
net effect for you, at least if they are snobs,
is that you have none. Metaphor here big
furry one. Metaphor.

A lot of humans refuse to acknowledge the
mental state of animals... now multiply
that by 10 million.

KPB

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Stari
OK I have a question for all my ATS friends. Say there were a few UFO's around our planet and there is one stationed right around the corner from your home. What would you do?

Would you stay home and hope for the best.
Or would you drive hundreds of miles away.

Now my thoughts on it is why would they come billions and billions of light years to hurt us. And if that is why they came here a few extra 100 miles is not going to make a difference.

There has been so much talk about all the resources are planet has. But let me tell you something we have almost exhausted all of them.

My question to all of my friends here what would you do? I would like to sit back and read all of your answers and take into consideration everything you say. For me I would have chosen number one just so everyone knows.

Stari

Well the first thing I would do, assuming that the area around the alien craft (they would not be UFOs any more since you identified them as of alien origin) was safe I'd walk up to it and see if anyone got out.

If someone did and if they could some how communicate with me (big assumption but let's just assume they can) then I would ask the following 4 questions after welcoming to earth:

1) Where do you come from? ie: which star system, galaxy or point in space/time or did you travel from an entirely different universe? (to get an idea of what type of civilization they are ie: Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4 and so on) It could also supply some information which could be later verified in the future as technology allows.

2) Why did you choose to visit the planet and my neighborhood in particular? (obvious question just about anyone would ask)

3) Are you biological, electronic/quantum or a biomechanical fusion of the two? (the answer to this could tell if such a thing as 'the convergence' really lay in our future and also tell us a bit about possible motives)

4) How old is the planet you came from originally and how long do you live in earth years? (this would tell us about where we fit in in relation to them).

5) Is there any small trinket you can give me as a good will gesture which I can examine more closely after I leave? (I'd need something better than a nice story to tell with no evidence after this encounter is over.)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I think those are good questions. Don't forget - if friendly get some good snapshots - one of them could take of you and the others. And maybe a hair sample and a fingernail clipping.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

With age comes cynicism.

But I'm right! No question!

And what about Arthur C. Clarkes "Childhood's End"

In that book, just the fact that the aliens had already
learned more and become more than humans could
ever learn or become... made the human race
basically commit suicide.

KPB

Great book but I profoundly disagree with the conclusion.

In my opinion such knowledge would likely have the opposite effect. We'd want to "get out there" and we'd allocate the resources to finally do it in a big way. Having advanced aliens around would give us something to aspire to.

Clarke wrote that book from a very euro and human centric point of view based on ideas at the time which have proven somewhat false.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I think photos, video etc are irrelevant since anything can be easily faked these days.

I'd rather take some scientific knowledge that would be useful to people with a bit more in their grey matter than me.

And yes, DNA would be great but I did not assume they'd have hair or fingernails even be biological.

It's much more likely we'd encounter a machine intelligence.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Yes I thought of that - can you imagine getting images and still not being believed - as I'm sure most people would want to share their story with someone who could do something with the information. Never thought of machines. That is a new thing to ponder. Always assumed organic. In fact - they would most likely send machines.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I would watch and learn.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I would try and become best mates with them or become the kings comedian/joker

I mean why not ? If they come, The human race is finished

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Personally,

I would trust my intuition above all if they arrived just down the road. I would imagine that a lot of people would panic and I would certainly be blown away too i'm sure.

But...

I wouldn't run away from something like that, it could have the potential to answer so many questions about life as we know it etc. I would at least try and see what they look like or possibly communicate with them if I felt like it was a safe thing to do.

If they were an alien race just come here to wipe us out, I doubt they'd bother landing, they'd just wipe us out from orbit or wherever and then come and get what they wanted.

I don't get why people on here are saying that if they did land then it would be the end of the human race. What about if they came down and neutralized any nuclear or other weapons etc so stupid, trigger happy people don't try and wipe them out without asking questions first. One of the last scenes in Iron Giant springs to mind... They could be coming here to help us and bring an end to the stupid wars we love so much.

Besides, I have a strong feeling that aliens are already amongst us. I can think of several people that are probably aliens haha.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I agree with what you said, It would depend upon how they behaved once they arrived.

I doubt very highly though that they would send down a advocate especially since they would not know how we would behave.

Stari

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

We are visited by UFOs all the time. any flying object that you can not identify is a UFO (unidentified flying object)

do you mean what would we do if we were visited by aliens? because UFOs and aliens are 2 different things.

I cant really say what I'd do if a confirmed alien was flying its ship around my neighborhood. But i dont think i'd get too scared of UFOs, why would you?
edit on 30-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I actually believe astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell, that we Have been visited.

Logically, think logically.

Did law enforcement see strange light in the 70s across the US? That is a fact. Do they see them now? No is a fact.

Build factual information on top of factual information, equals ignoring the 90% of lies that the world throws around on a minutely basis.

So if I were in the 70s when we were being visited, or some other place and time in the distant past, I would probably be so curious that I would challenge my fears and try to see them, from a distance of course.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

OK I have a question for all my ATS friends. Say there were a few UFO's around our planet and there is one stationed right around the corner from your home. What would you do?

Probably go have a look

Would you stay home and hope for the best. Or would you drive hundreds of miles away.

I always hope for the best and have a home that I enjoy, not sure what driving 100 miles away would accomplish though.

Now my thoughts on it is why would they come billions and billions of light years to hurt us. And if that is why they came here a few extra 100 miles is not going to make a difference.

Why would they come billions and billions of light years when they might be a lot closer.

There has been so much talk about all the resources are planet has. But let me tell you something we have almost exhausted all of them.

what resources in particular, all of them is rather vague and saying we have almost exhausted them all is your opinion or are you making a statement of fact?

My question to all of my friends here what would you do? I would like to sit back and read all of your answers and take into consideration everything you say. For me I would have chosen number one just so everyone knows.

number 1 being your going to pee your pants and number 2 being poo your pants?

Not sure what you mean when you say you would have chosen number 1.

What would I do if we were visited by UFOs?

Make some sort of contact, make sure they are not unidentified anymore and with that new knowledge go on with with my everyday business.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I would advise them to not sign any treaties with the earth leaders. Talk to the ordinary and extraordinary individuals in society to understand us.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would ask them for the design for some type of descent sized space craft that could travel throughout our galaxy, build it and start exploring the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What would you do if we were actually visited by UFO's?

I've seen three ... but none landed and stopped for a chat with me. IF they had, I would have tried to get some physical evidence ... like a piece of uniform from an ET or something in an old fashioned trade thing ... (like in the old west). If the ET tried to do the old 'prob' thing on me .. I'd smack him so hard he'd go flying back to his mother with my fist imprint still embedded in his flat nose hole.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Well I am going to take this one at a time. I was just meaning if you opened your curtain and across the street was this huge UFO hovering here.

reply to post by greyer

I actually believe in everything that Dr. Edgar Michell says. Like I said, maybe in another thread, We have all of the evidence its just figuring out now what do they want with our planet and or with us.

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Oh wow, I would have to go look, the anticipation would be killing me too if I didn't go check it out.

Same as you, why drive away, it wouldn't get you anywhere that they couldn't go.

I just said billions and billions of light years... it is all hypothetical.

Nope, exhausting all of our resources was completely made up in my head. I figured it will happen one day and probably very soon, also my opinion.

When I said I chose Number 1 it was supposed to be in numbered bullet format but ATS took out the formatting. So I would have stayed home and hope for the best.

There would be no where to go actually unless our government is secretly building a UFO the size to fit all of mankind on it. (Doubtful)

reply to post by superluminal11

Well you should never sign anything without reading it first.

reply to post by DonVoigt

Can I join you? he he

reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, that is one idea.

Stari

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd go check the thing out and then pack the entire family, the shotgun, all of our canned goods and our dog into the van and head up to the mountains.

I agree with the OP that aliens, if they travelled that far to come see us could wipe us out regardless of where we were at on earth (like killing fish in a tank, if I really want to kill them...I just empty the tank of water, I don't need to chase them around with the net in the water). That being said, I'd be a lot more worried about how other people would react.

IMO there the safety of my family would be much more threatened by stupid people rioting and looting because they freak out and do the most base thing possible than by aliens themselves.

Hope I live to see that day though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join