What would you do if we were actually visited by UFO's?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK I have a question for all my ATS friends. Say there were a few UFO's around our planet and there is one stationed right around the corner from your home. What would you do?

Would you stay home and hope for the best.
Or would you drive hundreds of miles away.

Now my thoughts on it is why would they come billions and billions of light years to hurt us. And if that is why they came here a few extra 100 miles is not going to make a difference.

There has been so much talk about all the resources are planet has. But let me tell you something we have almost exhausted all of them.

My question to all of my friends here what would you do? I would like to sit back and read all of your answers and take into consideration everything you say. For me I would have chosen number one just so everyone knows.

Stari

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Would commence the Ancient Tradition of Passover...

So they "Passover"!!

Fun fact:The word "Passover" appears 72 times in the King James Bible.

Matthew 26:18 KJV

And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
From the items I've read from individuals who have claimed to come in contact with ET's, there seems to be an overarching trend of these creatures possessing telepathic abilities. Their communication is described as warm body-encompassing feelings that seem to originate from "supernatural" capabilities.

Now, i'm no Giorgio Tsoukalos but I believe the possibilities of alien life are very probable.

However, get one of these aliens to say "What's up?" INSIDE of my head, and this world as I know it would be done.

Talk about Men in Black coverups and underground bases and you will have piqued my interest.

Have some ET bro's talk to me without the use of traditional vocalics and trousers will be soiled.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I'd say that humans wouldn't register as sentient to most
advanced alien species. Perhaps they'd come to visit
the dolphins and ignore us utterly.

Humans make such wild assumptions about their place
in the universe.

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Difficult to say without more hypothetical information, but I'd like to believe that I'd stay and experience the event of a lifetime. I've thought about such things quite a bit. I admit that I'm perhaps not sufficiently evolved, because I know I still have a bit of a primal-type fear relating to ETs.

There has been so much talk about all the resources are planet has. But let me tell you something we have almost exhausted all of them.
Well...... on the surface, anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Billions of miles, you say.

Without even having to kid, I'd offer to clean their windshield.

Then, I'd probably be the guy that got zapped, for trying to get too close.

If that's, in fact, what they do, you know... zap.

edit on 29-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

In my case it would depend on what they did or didn't do upon arrival. If it was all 'greetings people of earth, we come in peace to solve all your problems and we don't want anything in return for it' I, like a lot of people, I suspect, would be very cynical. If they were immediately and obviously hostile on arrival we would at least know to run and hide. I think that is the problem with answering your question with any real accuracy because no matter what these visitors said to us what guarantee would there be of their actual intentions.

I would like to think that I would not be the sort of person who attempted to make myself extremely rich and powerful at the expense of some benevolent off world visitors, unfortunately all the evidence suggests there are plenty on this rock that would.
edit on 29-10-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I always figure if an alien race has the ability to travel that far they are advanced enough to where running away will do little good.

I still think most "encounters" are just poor schmucks getting abducted by various government agents for experiments. If there were legitimate aliens I would probably be more scared of the other people's reactions to such a thing as the aliens themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If there were classic flying saucers, or anything resembling nuts and bolts technology, I'd certainly want to GTA me some flying saucer and have at the rest of the Galaxy, if not the Universe.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

hotel1
reply to post by Stari

In my case it would depend on what they did or didn't do upon arrival. If it was all 'greetings people of earth, we come in peace to solve all your problems and we don't want anything in return for it' I, like a lot of people, I suspect, would be very cynical. If they were immediately and obviously hostile on arrival we would at least know to run and hide. I think that is the problem with answering your question with any real accuracy because no matter what these visitors said to us what guarantee would there be of their actual intentions.

I would like to think that I would not be the sort of person who attempted to make myself extremely rich and powerful at the expense of some benevolent off world visitors, unfortunately all the evidence suggests there are plenty on this rock that would.

Think about this:

What happens to a large percentage of the people who win
the lottery big? Why, they spend all the money in a year,
end up broke, fat, on drugs and 10x worse off than before
'they won'.

If aliens shows up and said they'd make us all rich and able
to be lazy if we wanted... it would be even worse..

We'd all turn into Tila Tequila in one generation. Human
civilization would be destroyed.

Not even joking.

There pretty much isn't ANY scenario where aliens showing
up wouldn't be terrible for the human race, at least in
the short term.

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I think I would ask them to take me with them

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I would want to communicate with them, some type of dialog with 2 way discussion. I have many questions, and I am sure that their reason for being here would be peaceful due to the fact that they landed and ventured out. As far as resources go, we have only really scratched the surface of the earths crust, who knows what is in this rock that could be useful to an advanced race. We know it will not be hydrocarbons as Titans atmosphere is rich in that. My first question? how many other races are you aware of? second, where exactly did you come from? and I have many, many, more......

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

hotel1
reply to post by Stari

Think about this:

'they won'.

Not even joking.

the short term.

KPB

Greetings fellow jaded cynic.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I would try to move from calling it an UFO and categorize it properly (the best I could) and make a record of it in all ways possible if it was nothing defined as "normal" (aka paranormal)...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

hotel1

KellyPrettyBear

hotel1
reply to post by Stari

Think about this:

'they won'.

Not even joking.

the short term.

KPB

LOL!

With age comes cynicism.

But I'm right! No question!

And what about Arthur C. Clarkes "Childhood's End"

In that book, just the fact that the aliens had already
learned more and become more than humans could
ever learn or become... made the human race
basically commit suicide.

Humans are a very fragile and insecure bunch..

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

hotel1

KellyPrettyBear

hotel1
reply to post by Stari

Think about this:

'they won'.

Not even joking.

the short term.

KPB

LOL!

With age comes cynicism.

But I'm right! No question!

And what about Arthur C. Clarkes "Childhood's End"

In that book, just the fact that the aliens had already
learned more and become more than humans could
ever learn or become... made the human race
basically commit suicide.

Humans are a very fragile and insecure bunch..

KPB

I think between us we have arrived at the conclusion that are Fathers and Grandfathers arrived at years ago i.e. Why would benevolent, intelligent beings from other worlds bother with having anything to do with us.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

hotel1
reply to post by Stari

I think between us we have arrived at the conclusion that are Fathers and Grandfathers arrived at years ago i.e. Why would benevolent, intelligent beings from other worlds bother with having anything to do with us.

We are like the beings on Horton hears a hoo world!
So delicate that one gust of wind and we'd be blown apart.

I mean look at us.. our average person can change their mind
about who they are 3 times in one day.. if they meet 3 strong,
charismatic personalities.

Can you imagine what effect the personality of a 1 million
year-old 500 IQ genius who functionally knew 'everything'
compared to us?

Just the concept of an ET or a 'god' or God makes us all
wig out and become irrational.

They don't even necessarily EXIST -- and
we get all wigged out.

I just don't buy any of the 'oh I'd watch on the telly!
or I'd go up and shake their hand'

1% of the world population with weak hearts would
just plain die.

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

It is extremely gratifying to encounter someone who has as little or even less faith in human nature than I do.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ask them to please get me off this crazy ass palnet

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Ok I think we're being conditioned for something with these questions about aliens arriving (kidding).

If right down the block - that's pretty close. I would probably find an incognito spot to observe - being discrete while not taking my eyes off of them. I hate it when people stare but this is one of those occasions where it's ok.

I would probably ask my child to find our go kit and car keys - just in case. I would kick myself for my vehicle being in a bad spot (would probably be seen if had to escape but it's my ideal parking spot for non space ship days). I would plan my escape should something happen (all in my head within minutes). If nothing happened, I would stay put and be on alert at all times.

Oh yes - I would try to get a few snaps and upload them to ATS since no one would believe it otherwise. On second thought - I might have to get closer and upload a live broadcast to convince everyone on this great site. Now I have to rethink everything!

Thanks for the fun questions

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join