It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied When He Denied Knowing About German Phone Tapping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was listening to CSPAN radio this morning and there were a bunch of callers calling up about this spying on foreign allies scandal. Just about every person who called up was defending the practice, citing reasons such as spying has existed since the dawn of civilization. Somehow, these people got it into their heads that just because everyone is doing, makes it right. Sad times we are living in now...

NO, they always justify it because it is Obama doing it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Most if not all politicians lie all the time. Ours in the UK are the worst for lying as they promise the earth just to get elected then they forget what was said and continue to lie about this and that.
Our lot say this country is full of scroungers and are cutting money everywhere, yet they are claiming for everything that's going and most are millionaires as well.
So, don't be surprised your Dictator is lying to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

IAMTAT
I don't really know why Obama lying to the German Chancellor should be a great issue; He's lied to the American people consistently for over five years...and nobody holds him to account.

It all should matter. His lies to us ... his lies about 'not knowing' anything about anything ....
The O-bots give him a free pass. And others are just numb from the constant garbage going
on with D.C. ...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It SHOULD matter; this is true! It matters to me...and it matters to people awake enough to see how Obama's corruption and weakness have hurt this country and it's reputation, both domestically and abroad.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Obama's corruption and weakness

Don't be fooled though. It wouldn't have mattered if somebody else became the president. Anyone really...except maybe Ron Paul. But they weren't gonna let that happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

A large part of the political death spiral that the US is in, and the historic cause of other nations own death spirals, is corruption, moral decay and the acceptance of this as normal and unavoidable. If we do not hold our elected representatives accountable for their lack of morals then we condone it. Condoning their behavior leaves us with the pit of snakes in DC that are plundering this nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Tyrant 0bama is never responsible for anything.
Sounds like my 6 year old, "I didn't do it".

He is about the greasiest SOB to hold office.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Biigs
Are you under some misconception that Presidents dont or cant lie?

WHERE on earth did you get that idea? OF COURSE presidents lie. And this one is no different.
Are you under some misconception that we can't talk about how the presidents lie?
This is a discussion forum ... and we'll talk about it.

Obama lied. Again.
And Obama claimed 'I didn't know about it'. Again.
How's that for 'hope and change'??

What you fail to mention Flyers is that probably every US president also lied since spying was invented...

This goes WAYYYY before Obama...

It is a shame that you chose just to name HIM when you could also have also named those presidents beforehand that equally contributed to snooping on the rest of the world and sticking their noses in things that do not belong to them!

Why don't you ANTI whatever president that you elected people just accept that all of your presidents (or their string pullers) are just as guilty as the one before or after they were elected BY YOU!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

Ps. FUNNY IN A WAY THAT NO-ONE IS RESPONDING TO MY POST... I wonder why?
edit on 28-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Edited to add a Ps

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

Krazysh0t

I was listening to CSPAN radio this morning and there were a bunch of callers calling up about this spying on foreign allies scandal. Just about every person who called up was defending the practice, citing reasons such as spying has existed since the dawn of civilization. Somehow, these people got it into their heads that just because everyone is doing, makes it right. Sad times we are living in now...

NO, they always justify it because it is Obama doing it.

Yes, im sure everyone would be saying the EXACT same things if the NSA was the security agency of say, ohhhh i dont know Iran.

"but everyone does it so its okay, right?"

Yeah its okay, as long as the "everyone" that you refer to is American
edit on 28-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

See I would have said the same thing at first, but CSPAN does this cool thing where the line you call up from tells your political affiliation. There is one for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. It wasn't just the Democrats defending this practice, the Independents were defending it too. All of them saying pretty much the same thing, they didn't care about being spied on and spying on our allies because governments have been doing it forever. The ones who defended the domestic spying said the same tired reason that they always use (if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about).

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
When the president says that the buck stops with him, then that's all I need to blame him for everything under his watch.
I wonder if they have to change the meaning of the word transparency.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks Obama or Bush personaly authorized the bugging of a particular persons phone is an idiot. Just how exactly do you people think things work in DC? The President sits around micro-managing spy agencies? That the very agenicies whos job is to spy on other governments needs the Presidents personal permission do its job? That would be like a clerk at Walmart calling the CEO to see if they can return a shirt.

NSA: Mr. President we have been spying on the leader of Germanys phone since 2002 and we need your personal permission to keep doing it.
Obama: Why would you tell me something like this? Its not my job to tell you who to spy on and who not to, I just need the national intelligence picture.
NSA: But this is way people say it works on the internet, you know so it sounds more sinister.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

government officials lie to the president, so he can lie to you.

the usa agencies are so big and out of control that nobody is in charge.

only history will rid the human race of these assorted useless bureaucrats.

the americans are victims because it's their money wasted on these useless foreing wars and intrigues.

the rest of the world is a victim of out of control government spending that allowed these agencies to be so big and out of control.

and the chinese are guilty of financing all this criminal activity.
without chinese money much of this americam mischief making would end, because the usa would be broke.
when will the chinese realize their duty to make this a better world, and shut washington down?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Dagger Facility is now being moved an approved by Mrs Merkel.

The construction site is interesting. Here are some of the things I noticed.

Here is the Google map for a closer look.

goo.gl...

They are going big time under ground base in Germany. And she approves of it. Yes she did and even published it in the news papers in Germany.

Wiki on Dagger Complex.

de.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Just because Obama may not know every single person the NSA is targeting, doesn't excuse him from not knowing high profile targets that are being spied on. These people are the faces of our allies, when it comes to light we are spying on them, it creates a national incident. To not be aware of this spying and allowing yourself to be blindsided by it if it leaks to the public is silly and poor leadership.

But let's just say for the sake of argument that Obama truly didn't know about us spying on Merkel. Don't you think it is the least big odd that Obama didn't ask for a report detailing the exposure level of the NSA when Snowden first started coming forward with his leaks? I'd believe that if I was the president, that would be the first thing I'd ask for when the information started leaking. And if things started to leak that I wasn't made aware of in the first report from the NSA, heads would start to roll while asking for a more thorough report detailing the exposure level. Obama by all accounts has done none of this. He still claims that he has no idea what the NSA is doing whenever a new leak comes out and he has yet to hold anyone accountable for not even informing him properly of the NSA's possible exposure level. And don't give me any nonsense like they wouldn't have known to include the spying on Merkel, Merkel is a high level German politician. Any backlash involving her, involves the whole nation of Germany. Her being spied on should have been one of the first things the NSA informed Obama of.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

And what has Snowden leaked? Snowden only seems to have leaked pretty picture books of things Manning leaked a long time ago. The more I see about Snowden the more I think he is a controlled propaganda agent for leaks from Bradley Manning. They simply took those pages of text and gave them pictures and a slide show.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

MrSpad
Anyone who thinks Obama or Bush personaly authorized the bugging of a particular persons phone is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks that Obama or Bush didn't get briefed that the bugging was going on, or that the bugging wouldn't stop if Obama or Bush wanted it to, is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Only a liberal would do such a thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Manning. Snowden. Does the perpetrator really matter? The fact remains when information started to be leaked, Obama should have demanded a report from his top security advisors detailing the possible exposure level of the NSA to the public. Ignorance of the level shows either bad leadership or that you are lying about what you know. Either of these cases is bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Lets go back to when Bush was leaving office and Hayden met with France and said they could run NATO but they had to keep there wars in the North Atlantic. Why did he say that? Because France already had the Three Part Series of his Africa Plan on SIPRnet for years. This was supposed to be a passing of the torch. But France did there first raid and complained that the US controlled the communication they needed to fight the war using multinational war forces. The US got dragged in. Hillary did a hit on the IMF and World Bank presidents to get them kicked out. Why because they were friends with Sarkozy/France. Yes the famous rape case in New York City. France thought they would control what Bush built when Hayden said France could have NATO. But it was quickly taken from him because of what he had planned for it. France began getting hacked. Or should I say Sarkozy. Sarkozy lost his election and was then taken out of power. Sarkozy even tried to buy out some corporations that he knew held the power of the NSA. Namely they were the private corporations that did the actual spying for the NSA. Sarkosy used Vincent Bolloré to try and buy control. The new IMF President Christine Lagarde made a written promise to Sarkozy to do his bidding. www.theblaze.com... He fought a hard fight to take what he thought Bush promised him through Hayden and NATO. Then that old team Germany and France went to town attacking Obama over not letting Sarkozy do what he wanted.

That is just a little of the BS going on that people don't see. But it does go back to the Bush White House. Or is that really the Nixon White House?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join