It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

phone format....it sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So ats recently changed, that sucked. Old style...much better. With the change it still was fine on mobile, everything worked nice. It was a bit more difficult to find things, but new eases came. My gripe here is on my *exploitive deleted* phone, i cannot just READ topics. I damn well HAVE to scroll left to right on EVERY sentence. So, basically if I have a 10 minute break at work where I could read 10+ pages in that time, I cannot anymore due to the fact that along with reading I have to scroll left - right EVERY sentence, account for my phone lag, and maybe try to get in a response. The last part comes never now when I'm on the o or at work. Thank you ats for formatting the site so I can only lurk it and never respond. It's slow, hard to navigate, hard to log in from mobile, and in general user unfriendly. Good job, that is all
edit on 28-10-2013 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to read ATS on the bus while on the wayt o work everyday using my iPhone. worked fine the first few weeks and now it's exactly as you describe it. It's as if the page is too large to view on a smartphone.

ATS is slowly losing it....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

samuel1990
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to read ATS on the bus while on the wayt o work everyday using my iPhone. worked fine the first few weeks and now it's exactly as you describe it. It's as if the page is too large to view on a smartphone.

ATS is slowly losing it....

Thank you, I'm not the only one. Reading wasn't hard here til ats changed format. Hell even after they had the mobile was working fine, now the pages are over-sized for mobile. Mehhh, that my rant TY

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I thought the whole reason for the change was to make easyer for people with moblie device.....LOL,,,you mean I have too suffer though this gawd awful new layout and it dont even work right for the "Phoners",,,Must of been put together by the same people who put together Obamacare site....I know ya meant well but it sucks...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
On my not so new Blackberry Bold (donated by my GF as she was so embarrassed by my proudly luddite 3210) ATS is now completely borked.

All of the on screen buttons are just meaningless green squares, the old ATS worked fine on it.

I can also only read messages and upload photos on Goggle Chrome, which i think is an awful browser. Consequently making a thread takes for ever and ever. Filthly little hobbits, i hates it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have to scroll left/right on my laptop. The full page doesn't fit on my screen.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So blackberries and apple phones don't have the ability to resize the browser window?

Lmao

Oh I have a bullet with androids name on it, but on my 2.5 inch and my 10.1 inch I have none of these problems.

Oo

I have had an issue with the buttons becomning meaningless squares, but that was with opera browser on an old eken tablet, which was as good as a picture frame as it was a door stop. Oh made a reasonable alarm clock. I broke it.

The only issue I have with the new format on my tablet/phone is scrolling down a page, the page flickers and jumps about sometimes. but then, I am using garbage hardware... well, sort of, finally made it to a brand name tablet, but it's old and in the world of mobile devices 2 years old is pentium III compared to an 8 core sombich...

Can you even turn the orientation sideways so the phone is wider than taller? I have no idea about blackberries or iffy phones...

Oh and also I never stick with stock firmware so maybe all the tweaks I am privvy to help the experience..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

Now I know you can resize a browser screen on a laptop, unless it's some obscure old browser or some proprietary os and a non-standard browser.

But I am not sure why it would be reading the diemsnsions of the browser screen wrong and sending out the wrong size... on mobile devices I can see it being up to the device to operate to a standard.. but laptops.. no such issues surely.

are you sure you have not resized it to be bigger than it should be? tried to 'reset' the zoom? just offering something, in case it's just something accidental..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For those with phone problems; switch to desktop mode. I haven't tried it, but I keep reading it works.

Make sure browser window is open. Hold down CTRL key > then hit the MINUS key, one or twice, depending on how oversized your text is. Release CTRL key.

This happens for a few different reasons. The first being, you're display is running in a lower resolution than native. The second being, you have set windows text size to it's highest setting. Both can cause problems with webpages being displayed correctly.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

So blackberries and apple phones don't have the ability to resize the browser window?

iPhone 4 here, desktop mode.
Mine works good. I have to zoom in to star people sometimes, and then zoom out again to read.
I'm not even on the latest browser. I have to update to upload pics still

Avatars to the left, text to the right.
It just snaps into place.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It was better before. Websites should do away with mobile format, it just seems to never work.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i know its a rant, but if you have problems with anything ATS, you should put it in the "board business and questions" forum. The problem might be better served there. Just trying to help...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Klassified
For those with phone problems; switch to desktop mode. I haven't tried it, but I keep reading it works.

Make sure browser window is open. Hold down CTRL key > then hit the MINUS key, one or twice, depending on how oversized your text is. Release CTRL key.

Yea I've tried that and it sort of works, but now it's at 90% zoom and the text is tiny.

new topics

top topics

join