It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Says She Was Healed By A Ghost... and has a photo to prove it!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Diane Berthelot from Norfolk, England believes she was healed by a ghostly apparition known as the White Lady as she visited a church during a family summer holiday in 1975. Diane said she had been unwell for months after having her gall bladder removed and was taking antibiotics for an infection when she went into Worstead village church in Norfolk to rest and escape the heat.

While she sat on a pew close to the font and prayed for a full recovery, her husband Peter and son David wandered around the empty church taking photographs.
Mrs Berthelot remembers vividly tingling all over and feeling “warm and comfortable” while sitting on the wooden bench with her eyes closed and head bowed. When she felt better the family left the church and did not think about the incident until six months later when the camera film was developed and they held a slide show of their holiday snaps for their lodger at their home in Chelmsford, Essex. One photo clearly showed a woman wearing a bonnet and dressed in light-coloured, old-fashioned clothes, sitting facing Mrs Berthelot on a bench directly behind her.
She said: “When we saw the white figure sitting behind me on the projector screen, we just stood there with our mouths open. “My feet started to tingle. This sensation eventually engulfed the whole of me. It was a pleasant, comforting feeling.” Her husband added: “I had been walking around the church looking at various things. “I came back, saw Diane sitting there and took the photo. I couldn’t see anyone behind her but it’s so clear on the image. It’s incredible.”

They went back to the church a year later and showed the slide to the Vicar who then told them about a local legend that the White Lady was a healer who appeared when there was sickness. Mrs Berthelot says that for for decades after that first encounter on Saturday, August 2, 1975 she experienced the same tingling sensation every time she looked at the photo.

Im not usually one for the paranormal but I like this vintage picture, not sure why

More info on the folklore of the 'White Lady' in the link below -
Link

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I suppose to add to it's authenticity they havnt made anything from the photo and haven't written a book or did talk shows so could be legit. I would only query as to why they would take a photo of her in the church. Isn't really the done thing then or now

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Awesome story!! Thanks for sharing.

S&F for you.

I would go into a more detailed reply, but I have to get ready for work now.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wheres this great picture that proves it??
I can see an out of focus, shakey, over exposed image in the OP...nothing that shows anything ghost like though???

It almost looks as though 2 images have been put over the top of each other, the image reminds me of the 3d pictures you get nowadays...really hard on the eyes.

Im guessing the over exposure caused the white "figure" behind the lady? sat down. The image is dreadful, certainly proof that people cannot take a decent image but that is all that its good for.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Also, she was on antibiotics for the ailment.

Could have helped in the healing process, which is then conveniently forgotten 6 months later when the religious person discoveres what appears to be an apparition in a photograph of her in a church.

There are a lot of over exposed areas in the photograph that match the 'ghost' qwuite well. I do think it is simply a case of wanting to see something, but as it's harmless and she's happy, and they're not milking it, and who could tell them otherwise, it's fine...

I say let them think a ghost healed her. Why not. It's a heck of a lot better than some minister rambling on about the power of christ and throwing people around and yelling at them to be healed... and then they waddle out going "Oh Im healed praise jebus!" while giving the criminal sinner all of their money.
edit on 27-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Upon close inspection of the picture, the supposed ghost is just a person NOT directly behind, but behind to the right who has the suns rays shining on them making them look white. The feet are not over exposed and neither are the legs.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Upon close inspection of the picture, the supposed ghost is just a person NOT directly behind, but behind to the right who has the suns rays shining on them making them look white. The feet are not over exposed and neither are the legs.

Yeah that person is right in the path of a window you can see the windows light shining on the floor.

My first thought was this picture was a painting but then closer examination over-exposer.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The picture clearly shows a lady in earlier garb with a bonnet and you can see the neck strap, and her face clearly..

What I find humorous are the posts from people trying to rubbish the photo because of their self imposed restrictions on their view of reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

If she was in a church you'd assume she was a Christian? But if she was a Christian she'd know ghosts don't heal, so maybe she's just religious.
However, faith can cause the body to do amazing things.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Oh I dunno.. I'm not religious but I like to go to old churches and b take photos of the outside and inside.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Well they were on holiday and had stopped at the church for her to rest so I suppose they had cameras with them anyway and thought why not. I have taken photos of churches in the past, im not religious but enjoy the architecture

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

totally agree with you, people keep asking for pictures, you give them one and its still not good enough!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Can you blow that picture up focusing on the ghost
I want to see closer detail

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sure .. why not? It's entirely possible. I"m glad she's feeling better and that she got healed...
be it a miracle or medicine. If it's a miracle ... even better.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

There is clearly a woman behind her with the sun shinning behind her, however, I think this is a good example of how people can heal themselves IF they believe they are being healed, positive thinking can and will often cure people regardless if its true or not..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
An interesting take on the legend of angels.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

slippeddisc
reply to post by alienreality

totally agree with you, people keep asking for pictures, you give them one and its still not good enough!

Well if the picture actually even showed a ghost it would be worth further interest, but being as it just shows another very much ALIVE person, its pretty conclusive IMO.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't see any reason to assume it must be a live woman... Except some people absolutely disbelieve in ghosts, so therefore it can only be a live woman, in their eyes.

This seems to be the assumption behind the posts that say it's a live person.

But for those of us who believe in spirits, it sure looks like a spirit.

I don't see any legs at all, by the way. Looks like only the torso of a ghost.

Also why did they think they were alone in the church, if there was an old woman sitting behind her, shining brightly from the window? How could they not notice that???

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

peacefulpete
I don't see any reason to assume it must be a live woman... Except some people absolutely disbelieve in ghosts, so therefore it can only be a live woman, in their eyes.

This seems to be the assumption behind the posts that say it's a live person.

If that is your assumption then I can categorically say you are wrong, I lived in a haunted house I have seen "ghosts" with my own 2 eyes, including the "ghost" of my recently(at the time) deceased aunt.
I believe in spirits, but I dont see any in the picture provided. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

was thinking the same thing...Body filled with antibiotics is the answer to her healing, i belive... But I have nothing against people belive they getting healed by spirits/angels, whatever. Im sure this was a positiv "experience" for her...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join