It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oKAY so.... I made my own WINE...HERE'S THE VERDICT!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Okay a few weeks ago I was bored. I'm always looking for ways to "beat the system". Like seriously. I am. Because I'm so sick of getting screwed. And I don't mind buying wine and stuff. But I like finding the loophole in life. Anyway....

So I made my own wine for cheap. I'm actually kinda surprised. Like I'm shocked. Let me put it to you this way. The end result was the wine is about a 5 to 6 out of 10. Like it's not great. It's about the same as buying a cheap bottle of wine from the liquor store. (or maybe it's just different like an aquired taste). The first half glass tastes a bit brisk, but it's clearly wine. It's just not the ultra refined taste of "really good wine". Like I said it's about the same as buying a cheap bottle of wine.

But in terms of cost it's not bad. I made about 2 bottle of wine for $2.77 cents. And in Canada all liquor is double what you pay in the states. It's one of the biggest scams tptb have going (obviously). It's not like the US here. There is no liquor sold in stores. It's only sold in licensed liquor stores, which are affiliates of the g-v. Actually just like 12 years ago they use to actually be run 100% by the g=v.

okay crap....I hope I can finish this....okay where was I....

Ya so like 1.40 cents a bottle of wine. That's actually quite good here. The cheapest bottle of wine up here is about 8 dollars. But generally speaking it's "crap". Like I bought one recently, some crazy south american brand, brought it to my gf's place, and ahhh crap, what a joke. Just gross. And it was about 8 bucks.

So getting back to my home made brew.....

Okay well, it's so easy to make it's pitaful. All you need is a jug of juice, a cup or so of sugar and a teaspon of yeast.

If you wanna try it it's super easy... it's like this....

You get a jug of grape juice.

Up here you can buy a 1.89 L jug for about 2.77.
You need 1 cup of sugar
And 1 to 1.5 teaspons of yeast. (any yeast works just fine)

1) you open the jug, drain a bit of the juice. (enough to put the sugar and yeast in it)

2) you pour in 1 cup of sugar

2) you mix the yeast with just a small amount of warm water, let it sit for about 8 minutes, then you add that to the jug.

3) you put on the cap and shake it well for a minute. put it down and wait 5 minutes. Shake again for a minute. (maybe once more for good measure.)

5) then you open the lid. Then you just screw it on slightly, like enough so that air can escape if necessary. How does this work? Well I don't know, just a very lose lid! a lid half screwed on. So it's wiggly.

6) place the jug in a dark cool area for 10 days. 14+ days is better.

7) after that you'll have wine. Don't place it in an area that doesn't have some ventilation. Like a garage is optimal. Or if you're in an apartment then just put it in a kitchen coubard. the only thing you have to understand is it gives off a bit of co2 gas. It's nothing risky. but you should be aware of it. As when you open your coubard you'll smell it. Again it's nothing major. It's like smelling fresh muffins just baked or something.

So then after 14 days you've make 2 bottles of pretty strong wine for just 1.40 each (or in the US maybe just .70 cents per bottle). It's not bad. It's a good way to save money. If you like wine, and you buy wine regularly, then honest to goodness you should try this. You'll save a ton of doe over the years. It's just a good decent table wine. It's not super refined but again, not super pricey either. And it's actually kinda fun to try.

I'm definitely gonna try this experiment again. it's worked out okay. The wine is about 13-15% ahcohol. It's pretty strong. I left mine for about 16 days. I'm definitely gonna try this again. It's kinda fun, kinda interesting, it's real wine, it definitely is a rather good beverage at a rather good price. And one the g-v would hate for you to know about. Like SERIOUSLY try it!! you'll be shocked.

Again it's a bit of an aquired taste. It's like the first few sips are "so so". not "wow", you'd have to find some unique home brew recipee to get that wow fact. So my first impression was a bit mixed. But after like half a glass I was like "wow this is real winE!!!" like no joke. I'll be lucky if I finish htis post and I'm only on my second glass.

It's a win win. I save money and I stick it to the man. I love it. again I don't mind buying store bought. I've done that for 20 years. Store bought is obviously the best. But in all honestly, this is how it is, your very first sip because you're use to store bought, it's about a 5. But then by the end of your first glass your up to a 7 out of 10. Then end of yoru second glass your up to an 8 out of 10.

Like NO JOKE. It's actually pretty good. I was so skeptical at first, but not I'm asstonished! like who would have thought making your own wine is easier than even making your own bread. It takes less than 2 minutes. And it's decent wine. ahhhhwwwhh wow 2 glasses and I'm tanked. [snip]
No but seriously you should try it. I mean it's a fun experiment for cheap at worst. At beast you literially might save yourself thousands of dollars compared to buying store bought. I calculated that store bought you're paying on average 20$ a bottle. home brew 2dollars. So you're paying 1000% more buying from the store. That's so rediculous. It actual just goes to show how the system is designed to goudge you and steal from your wallet on something that's actually so simple to make it's insane. Like I would have done this 10 years ago had I known how easy it was to make.

anyway enough said, hope you get a chance to try it out. Good luck!

use either wine yeast or bread yeast mixed with warm water. It literally won't make much difference. This video shows almost exactly how I did it. I only left mine for like 16 days. I heard though that in 10 days it's done. but the longer you leave it the better it gets. 14 days + is optimal. So you buy say 5 jugs of juice and you do them all at once and you're now sitting pretty with like the equivalent to like 10 bottles of store bought wine for all of 12 bucks in cost. It's just awsome. enjoy!!!!!

edit on 26-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I really hope the mods edit your post instead of deleting it. Great idea though really, I wonder if that's how they make bootleg wine in jail.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

abe froman
I really hope the mods edit your post instead of deleting it. Great idea though really, I wonder if that's how they make bootleg wine in jail.

foockk for once in your life, live free a little buddy. seriously. Ya anyone who'se jail broke the system does it this way. Like I sware for the simple fact that I'm not paying 1000% of the cost for the same thing, I'd gladly do it myself. this is the age of diy, youtube it, and figure out how it's it done!. It's so odd but it's true. You no longer are under the strong arm of the system. Information is free and wild now. You can do anything now! Like literally anything. as you can learn from others who have done it. And not from teh g0v who try and tell you how they claim it should be done. Buck the system and save yourself some green my friend!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Like I've had 2.5 glasses and I'm tanked!!! ohhh my gosh!!! this is the no joke post! Like that's only .33 % of my 1 jug that cost me. 2.77 cents to make. wow amazing! ahhh my gosh. I can't even break out the weed i'm too hammered. I wish I could break out the weed but i can barely tyeee. ahhhaaahhhh great find. great find. I'm ahppy. Now all i need is a facy bottle so if guest come over I can act all sophistocated and say "ya I mak emy own whine try this...". ha ha. wow craazy crazy crazy. what the ehll am I doing tying and typing wow I i've typed for like 25 year nows. why oh wyw? 25 years of typing. It's stupid. I should be walking on a beach somewhere. instead I'm typing to who knwws who. ahhhhh

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. I think this is a great idea and I will probably try this myself. However, you should edit out the line in your op that refers to a different intoxicant before a mod deletes it for t&c reasons. I love cool diy stuff on youtube another cool one is making bows with pvc pipes.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Seriously Spartacus, this is a good thread don't get it deleted! Edit!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Hi Spartacus,

Sounds good the wine and well done

You last post made me laugh... not easy to type whilst inebriated is it!

I hope your head feels better in the morning.

Have a glass of this :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i'm in trouble i'm drunk

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

abe froman

Seriously Spartacus, this is a good thread don't get it deleted! Edit!

No this is serious. I've been drinking since I was like 14, like most people. I'm 38 now. ahh sucks. But still just now finding out I can make my own boze for like 1000% cheaper than store bought. It's legit. I'm drunk. It's good stuff. Like I'dm gonna do it again. It's just kinda fun. Like growing yoru own veggitables. Or baking your own bread. It's like you felt you've won! You've beat the system at their own game! yOu've undermined the system. You're not gonna let them cheat you as much. LISTEN, times are changeing. welcome to the 21st centure where you can actually do a lot of stuff for yourself. You don't have to have things dictated to you the way the system wants it dictated. You're free now go make love not war. it's great!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

No don't drink that hooch good wine should be made from crushed grapes and time.
Oh my gut hurts now

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. It is legal to make homemade wine so I personally do not see a problem with the thread (but I may be wrong).

Something I have always wanted to try. I'd like to make a really nice bottle of it one day soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Rodinus

Hi Spartacus,

Sounds good the wine and well done

You last post made me laugh... not easy to type whilst inebriated is it!

I hope your head feels better in the morning.

Have a glass of this :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

ya we'll see I guess. but still. if you can stick it to the man you've won. Like seriously whats so sad when you think about it is this. We actually need to come up with a new degree. The degee will be a bachlors in SITTM. stick it to the man. If you learn that you save tons of money threwout yoru life and you avoid being the sheep they want you to be. Frack in many ways I'll ways be a sheep . Im no gi joe. but i like any avantage I can get that give me the combination to the lock of western society. one of those combinations is obviously brewing your own brew. It's SO FRACKING AMAZING. Fokke the system! buck them off and make your own. Win for once. It's worth it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

AshleyD

Thanks for sharing. It is legal to make homemade wine so I personally do not see a problem with the thread (but I may be wrong).

Something I have always wanted to try. I'd like to make a really nice bottle of it one day soon.

trust me I was ultra skeptical. but now that I've tried it I'm amazed. enough said. try it. Goodl uck

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
okay I'm druk off my own home brew. this is a frist in like 20 years. ahhh wow. who would have ever known. It cost me all of like 75 cents too. Plus 15 days to brew. ahhh wow thsi si a neat find. I'm gonna do this again. I should try again get to bed.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Is it sweet? I am not a fan of sweet wines.

What happens if you leave the cup of sugar out?

Also, did you use red or white?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
AWWWHHHH.... on 2.5 glasses I'm completely hammered!!! ahhh I've havn't gotten this drunk in lik3 4 years. ahhhh wow talk about acheap fix. ahhahhh nice. I'm going to bed.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

AshleyD

Is it sweet? I am not a fan of sweet wines.

What happens if you leave the cup of sugar out?

Also, did you use red or white?

red

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Have a good night and keep some Tylenol and a glass of water on your nightstand.

And let me know the sweetness level when you use a cup of sugar.

I've seen the brewer kits before at the store but never thought to try them.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Sweet thread Spart.

Strangely, I just read this in the grauniad about 5 minutes ago.

I'm off to search out a demijohn.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Set 2 asprins and a large glass of water next to the bed cause you in for one ugly hangover even better if you have some pedialyte, I swear by it to lessen my hangovers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join