It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oKAY so.... I made my own WINE...HERE'S THE VERDICT!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Nail on the head.It's highly illegal. If people only knew how easy it was to do everyone would be at it. So i've been told.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

I got an old copper set from a car boot sale...not used it yet.
It is illegal in the UK but the law says you can make it as long as you pay tax on it...

I may have a go...gonna research more into it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Woohoo welcome to the wine making addiction! What you made is worse than Mad Dog 20/20 LOL. I have a nice banana wine in a 5 gallon carboy for over a year now. I cannot wait! Country wine is easy peasy. But if you are into quick, which it seems that you are, try making some Skeeter Pee. I love it. It's far superior to Mikes Hard Lemonade, and goes down real smooth and doesn't need to be aged like fruit wines. It won't mess you up like that prison wine does, but it will certainly kick you in the @$$ in a mellow kind of way.

Here's the recipe for Skeeter Pee

And here's a link to hundreds of wine recipes from Jack Keller. His site is horrific, but everything you ever wanted to know about wine is here.

Also to note, you can save your gallon jugs or wine bottles to finish. I recommend investing in a few a cheap plastic carboys used as your secondaries, air locks for your secondaries, maybe some screw on plastic caps (unless you are into corks) for your saved bottles or jugs, a food grade 5 or 6 gallon jug as a primary, and a hydrometer is a must. You can start about 25 gallons of wine with less than 100$ investment if you do it right

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Instead of leaving the cap on loosely, you take a balloon and put it over the end. It will inflate and when finished it will deflated, give it a shot. A guy named Ole did this with all his wine and that stuff had a little kick to it. When it is deflated then cap it.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the laugh and the idea. I hope you're not too hung over tomorrow. I've always wanted to try making wine. I might just try this. Is it like Night Train or is it a bit better than that?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
well I can say I tried it. But I'm not making it again. It was kinda gross. Like a 4 out of 10 at best. I still drank it but ahhhh forget it. blaaaahhhh

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sparty, i say this with affection as i think you are a good bloke; but i cannot tell the difference between your drunk posts and your sober ones

Anyhoo, have fun, When ever i brew my own the toilet gets proper pebbledashed, but then i was always too impatient and greedy to avoid sediment.

Best have the rubber gloves, face mask and bleach ready dude.
edit on 28-10-2013 by skalla because: too not to

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'll start to make it again after the SHTF and I can't buy it anymore. I should try and make a home brew beer though as well so I at least know how to make it. Because once the zombie apocalypse happens you'll likely want to get drunk a lot to keep from going mad

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join