It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC - Navy Vet Exposing Illegal Arms Dealing Locked in Top Secret Prison and Tortured

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is a video from NBC Nightly news. Please visit the link to watch the video.

Donald Vance a Navy vet took a well intentioned trip to Iraq to work for an Iraqi security company in Baghdad. Alarmed by their stockpile of weapons, Vance went to the FBI. For months, he had almost daily secret contact with the FBI.

This all culminated when Vance led the FBI to a massive massive cache of explosives and arms. At this point the FBI took Vance and Urtel to a secret military prison which was where they kept some of the most dangerous insurgents in Iraq,

The two men were locked in solitary and deprived of sleep by blaring music and bright lights. Often they were also cuffed and hooded.'

They were also denied access to a lawyer. After a week of intense interrogation, Vance was handed a paper that outlined suspicions of their involvement. Meanwhile the company or its people were never charged in wrongdoing.

Vance was held 97 days and was cleared of any wrongdoing. Emaciated, Vance was cleaned up and dumped at the airport like it never happened.

Vance's biggest question is why was he not offered legal protections guaranteed to American citizens.

June 23: Lisa Myers reports on how an American civilian in Iraq who became an FBI informant wound up in a top-secret military prison.

How did FBI informant land in top-secret prison?

The conspiracy theorist in me says that he busted the US running weapons.

edit on 25-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I suppose Vance should be happy that they didn't decide to strike him with a drone. Isn't this how the US usually does these things? Neat and tidy with no stories to be told of torture after the fact? No innocence can be proclaimed by a dead corpse. Yeah I guess in their minds, they screwed up this time.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

He is not sure why he was never offered legal counsel or protections?

Has he never heard of the Patriot Act or the NDAA? Was he sleeping for the past 13 years?

edit on 10/25/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hasn't anybody learned yet that justice is an illusion in todays world, justice is an illusion because everyone is in on it.

Someone's quote, don't know who.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

solomons path
reply to post by elouina

He is not sure why he was never offered legal counsel?

Has he never heard of the Patriot Act or the NDAA? Was he sleeping for the past 13 years?

This case is a perfect example of why nothing should surpass our constitution. The constitution is there to protect an American from being subjected to detention without legal representation. Between this, the drones, and the NSA, I think the Patriot Act should be burned. It is doing everything we said it would and more.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I presume this is the result that had been warned of.

When one innocent person is wrongly imprisoned, deprived of rights, etc. You become no better than the fictitious enemy you are supposedly fighting.

Lead yourself down this route too long, and well, a few names and countries of old come to mind...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Veteran torchered near/to death by the very country fought for?
Has got to be America!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Some have the love for the country.

But some people love the country too much.

Too much as in if you love the country too much you wiil eventually find out what the country does to let its citizens love the country.

And that can lead to undesired effects.

Lesson learned . Do not love your country too much. Just enough to be happy is what it takes.

Hint hint. " the game"

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

elouina

solomons path
reply to post by elouina

He is not sure why he was never offered legal counsel?

This case is a perfect example of why nothing should surpass our constitution. The constitution is there to protect an American from being subjected to detention without legal representation. Between this, the drones, and the NSA, I think the Patriot Act should be burned. It is doing everything we said it would and more.

The US Constitution has no bearing in another nation. I'm sure the detention facility was not officially US ground diplomatically, therefore, no rights...plus the guy went over to be a hired gun it sounds like (security firm, hmmm...think about it) so he knew what he was getting into. Shady work at best. I don't feel sorry for him. If you tell an agency once that a stockpile of weapons is there and they ignore you...just walk away...and forget you saw anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The conspiracy theorist in me says that he busted the US running weapons.

where did he think those weapons came from ? the toothfairy
edit on 26-10-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The FBI has been documented as a sponsor of terrorism in the USA.
Not surprised he was detained and tortured.
The detention was a warning to keep his mouth shut......
Hes in for a rough ride now, for the rest of his life.......they will
seek revenge for this publicity.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can't get the link to open.
Who is Urkel? (no jokes plz)
Disgusting but business as usual for the CIC (criminals in charge)
No whistleblowers allowed.
There was a story about a writer who's home was raided and files stolen containing insider sources from DHS just yesterday.
We have a government run amok.
Government is too kind a word and really not applicable any more.
It's a crime syndicate and sadly no crime fighting organization big enough to take it on.
Expect more of the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
I can't get the link to open.
Who is Urkel? (no jokes plz)
Disgusting but business as usual for the CIC (criminals in charge)
No whistleblowers allowed.
There was a story about a writer who's home was raided and files stolen containing insider sources from DHS just yesterday.
We have a government run amok.
Government is too kind a word and really not applicable any more.
It's a crime syndicate and sadly no crime fighting organization big enough to take it on.
Expect more of the same.

LOL.... That was Nathan Urtel his coworker, I guess I make a typo.

Yeah the other story was all over the news and that one bothered me something fierce. I think the reason for the search in the first place was false so they could get those files. They spent more time in her office than anything and the search was for her husband. A person in another thread said we haven't reached tyranny yet. I beg to differ.

The link is opening fine for me, but is a bit slow this morning.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Federal Bureau of Indignities...

They showed their true colours when they tried to get Kurt Haskel to change his story re the underware bomber...(amoungst sooo many other things)
edit on 26-10-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

the owlbear
The US Constitution has no bearing in another nation.

Exactly. Dow v. Johnson. The Constitution does not follow the flag. Military law reigns supreme.

I'm sure the detention facility was not officially US ground diplomatically, therefore, no rights...plus the guy went over to be a hired gun it sounds like (security firm, hmmm...think about it) so he knew what he was getting into. Shady work at best.

Agreed. He was selling his US military expertise to a foreign security outfit in the middle of a shooting war, got cold feet, decided to play secret agent with the FBI, and the outcome was not favorable for him. It could have been worse. They could have prosecuted him for something, or they could have run him in place until the locals caught on and sawed his head off for a terrorist snuff video. Locked up for a bit and let go is really one of the better outcomes for people who get themselves into these situations.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
maybe there was intel on this company or this particular guy...it happened in 2005....that was an intense time in Iraq...civilian shootings, and other "F" up's, by these contractors, were being uncovered...talk about NOT having situational awareness, this guy should have been a little more discreet when in-country.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm pretty sure that GW Bush told us that it's just "enhanced interrogation".
War is peace.
Ignorance is truth.
Slavery is liberty.
Money is debt.
Corporatism is democracy.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
UPDATE ON THE DONALD VANCE CASESupreme Court rejects Donald Vances suit against US Government
edit on 10-27-2013 by breadinspector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who in their right mind would be an informant to any government agency ? This guy doesn't seem overly intelligent, or perhaps he was just disillusioned to the truth ? Without a doubt he now is aware to whats really going on.

new topics

top topics

join