It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Comes to Human For Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I saw that video about a dolphin coming to a diver for help. Now, here we have a fox cub coming to a human for help.

Not much to say, just wanted to share. Animals are so precious.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I don't know if it was deliberate as he/she couldn't really see anything but foxes are cute.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by sled735

I don't know if it was deliberate as he/she couldn't really see anything but foxes are cute.

Not if you are a chicken. lol

Nice video OP. Interesting how the fox knew who to go to, some humans might have just killed him. They are beautiful animals. I saw a grey fox climb a tree once.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A good reminder for people not to litter with plastic cups and bottles!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Foxes are an invasive pest here, killing all our small native marsupials which have no defences against them. I would be really torn in such a situation..... I suppose after I helped the cub I would then have to kill it humanely. Oh gosh, I am going to have nightmares over this.... why did you post it? Why? Are you some kind of Fox Lover!?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Night Star
A good reminder for people not to litter with plastic cups and bottles!

This is a great reminder, Night Star. Thanks!

I had a small gray fox run across the road in front of my car last week. I'm glad I wasn't going as fast as I normally do, or I would have hit it. Seeing it made me smile.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Foxes round my way tend to be out most at night, flitting between driveways and alleyways, scavenging for food from peoples bins more often than not. I also tend to be out and about most at night, and often walk home through the neighborhoods between town centre, and my place. Sometimes, if there are enough of them in one area that they feel safe, say three or more (usually during the spring and summer months) they will follow me for a few blocks. I had one approach to within five feet once, and it just sat down right in front of me and looked at me for a bit, then trotted off behind someones wheely bin.

Like all wild animals, they do pose a risk, since you never know what a truly wild animal will do, or what it may have experienced. You have to show respect to any wild animal for that very reason, and of course, they have been known to enter homes and attack children, so caution is always advisable, and obviously if any wild animal shows a tendency toward attacking humans, it has to be terminated for the safety of the public, and to prevent rabbles of idiots deciding that a cull is in order.

However, that takes nothing away from the beauty that wild animals have, foxes being no exception. Their freedom is evident in their every step, every flick of an ear, every twitch of a nose. Their perception of the world around them is so much sharper than that of your average domestic canine or feline, honed by years of self sufficiency.

The only aggravating thing about foxes for me personally, is that when they call out in the night, their vocalisations can easily be mistaken for that of a person in pain or distress, especially if the sound has been baffled by deflection from the sides of buildings, or modulated by passage through a hedge or thicket. I recall one instance about three years ago, walking home from town in the dead of a moonlit August night, where upon I heard what sounded like a child in distress coming from a position that seemed to me to be about four blocks north of my location (for those of you from inner city areas, particularly in the US, a small town block is significantly smaller than those in metropolitan areas. I am not part bat!). I hurried in that direction as fast as I could, hearing the sound several more times.

When I finally arrived at the place from which the sound was emanating, I was standing beside an ornamental hedge in front of someones driveway, in what I refer to as "the posh bit" which is an area about half a mile from my place, which contains several expensive blocks of houses, and a yacht club. Looking under the hedge, I saw a young fox cub. I have to this day, no idea why the little chap was under there, rather than being with his mother, or for that matter, back at its den. Close up, his voice sounded nothing like that of a child, but from a distance, with the hedge and the buildings in the way... eerie.

Anyway, enough rambling. Great thread!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thanks.

I hope he found his way home. Poor little feller!

top topics

join