It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Spots Light Show in the Middle of the Ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Those weird lights in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean — what are they?

Are they an unstoppable force of electric underwater creatures swimming, slowly but steadily, toward the shore where they will flood our cities and force us all to watch "Finding Nemo" from now until the end of time?

Fortunately, no (for now). The lights, which were spotted using Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite on the Suomi NPP satellite, are actually a large collection of fishermen.

NASA explains, "There are no human settlements there, nor fires or gas wells. But there are an awful lot of fishing boats."

Yep, that's right, those lights that could easily be mistaken for a series of heavily populated islands are actually powerful lights on boats.

Satellite Spots Light Show in the Middle of the Ocean

Look at the satelite photo and notice the size of South America to the West. It's huge and it's only the lower part of the continent. The explanation given for this phenonema is very lame. Im not sure if I buy that this is a "large collection of fisherman". This is a photo from space so that should put into perspective how large that land mass is. That would have to be a HELL OF A LOT of fisherman to create something that large and that concentrated.

edit on 25-10-2013 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes. Why would you accept any explanation for anything? Because absolutely everything is a lie. Even r-tarded things like this. Yup.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Are these off the coast of california too?

I was driving up the PCH have saw 6 such boats with VERY bright lights, everyone in the car was wondering what sort of boats they were. San Claminte area if i had to guess (it was obviously dark)

Fishing for squid makes sense, but just a few hundred meters off the coast?
edit on 25-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Fishing boats??
Whaat??

I was thinking volcanic eruptions and magma fissures.
Interesting, thanks for posting!
S/F

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here's another picture from your link: Fishing Boats Edit: you have to click on the smaller picture in the bottom left hand corner of the original image.

It's a lot of fishing boats true, but it's quite ordinary for a large fishing fleet to have hundreds of boats out at a time in some areas.

edit on 25-10-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have seen masses of phosphorescent algae or plankton that covered many miles of ocean, and in waterways that linked directly to the ocean.

Sometimes it looks like the entire ocean is literally glowing, the color of the glow depends on what type of organisms are producing the phosphorescence.

It's fun to go out boating or swimming during these blooms, movement underwater excites the organisms and is plainly visible from the surface.

Big scary things swimming down there, way more fun than going to a thriller/horror movie, if you're into getting freaked out that is.....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Most likly canidate? Underwater USO base. NO joke. South America is a hotspot for UFO activity. A perfect base would be directly under the continent. You could monitor everything from there.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Yep, Spot on!
I totally agree.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One would think that so many fisherman with loud boats and bright lights and all sorts of technological distractions in one area would prove exactly the sort of thing squid and fish would avoid.

But I'm not a fisherman, so what do I know?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

A cluster of fishing boats that’s larger and much brighter than all of the cities in the lower half of South America put together? That would be hundreds of miles of fishermen. The sheer scale of this is pretty damn amazing.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not, lame, very plausible. Some marine life are highly attracted to light, and a great way to catch a bleep-load at once is with a LOT of light. I've seen YT vids of fisherman who do this, the water is full of curious sea life drawn to it like moths to a flame. Squid seem to be the most likely to go "OOH! Shiny....." and fall for it follwing their own food up.

I'm curious, since the video didn't mention anything about counts. Would any South American members from the region perhaps know if there's a boom in the squid populations this year? If there is a significant number more, then case closed, it's fisherman getting their windfall.
edit on 10/25/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

The picture shown on Yahoo news thats red circled looks EXACTLY like the Triple DNA strand /Crop Circle used in the
defunct television series "THRESHOLD". Are the ETs sending us a message that we are about to be assimilated by that 4th dimesion entity, or is this a guvment false flag to get us nano particled for the "Mark of the Beast". SOMETING WICKED THIS WAY COMETH ?!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I find it strange that something was worthy of mention by Yahoo and yet not a single Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook post from an actual participant. In an age where a McDonald's meal or a pair of sandals is worthy of being shared on the internet, something like this is conspicuously absent in the social media circles.

I just find that very...odd.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Most likly canidate? Underwater USO base. NO joke.
reply to post by Oannes

Most likely? Really?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Interesting. Clear evidence of over-fishing?

???

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that a boat fleet that large would somehow have stayed in that elaborate formation for FIVE days. Doesn't that strike anyone else as extremely odd and unlikely?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
After looking into this a little more, it guess is plausable that the lights could have come from squid fishermen. The majority of the ships are unlicensed, unregulated fishing vessels from China and Korea. These ships use up to 300 kilowatts of power per hour to power the lights which is enough to power about 150 homes. There are likely thousands of these ships but there is no official count since the majority are unregulated (officially only 100 or so ships are licenced to fish for the squid).

bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

They could have been a little more creative. Bio- luminescent Algea, or subsea volcanic ofgassing, but there are not enough vessels in all of south America to make a trail that large even if they tried. That image streak is over 200 kms across. The allied invasion of Normandy wasn't that large. BTW, the AIS records for vessels in that area during the time the was image taken contradict their claims. Fisherman, even poor ones, are rarely without transponders when operating in deep waters.

www.n2yo.com...
www.vesselfinder.com...

AX
FTNWO

edit on 25-10-2013 by AlphaExray because: clarification

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Yeah this is pretty odd. Why wouldn't they be spread out a bit more and not all clumped together? You telling me this is the only place to fish?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

It's where the fish (squid) are.
Why fish where they aren't?

www.earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
edit on 10/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join