It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Glad to see so many Jane Roberts fans here. Read and have most of her books, and liked the fiction (the two Oversoul Seven books). They were very advanced for her time, and actually I am turned off by other people channeling Seth and similar things because they seem to be imitating rather than exceeding Roberts.

Some earlier and similar books (but not as in-depth as Roberts and Butts' material) are "The Betty Book", "The Unobstructed Universe" and others by a fellow named Stuart Edward White (Wikipedia link en.wikipedia.org... ) who also wrote adventure novels. Roberts and White were working on this stuff at a time when they were so far out that few mainstreamers paid them any attention. And then, of course, there was Cayce, who got into different areas of information than these two.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Jane Robert's material touched on topics which over the years became more mainstream, even in movies and television shows (sci fi mostly). Science either caught up to her or is catching up to her. She was a raging alcoholic, by the way, and may have drank herself to low health. I seem to recall that her husband (who acted as both the questioner and recorder of the Seth data) died not too long ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

I remember one time when I was experimenting with traditional meditation, and I directed a yes or no question towards him regarding what I was doing (I can't remember what the question was now). After I asked him the question, I remember seeing a clear image of him smiling as if that meant yes. I really cherish that moment.

I remember getting annoyed when reading Robert Butts's notes. LOL. I would read them thinking that I was going to miss something, but I always got the impression that he didn't always fully understand what Seth was saying. Maybe that was just a symbol of the fact that people of that time period really weren't ready for his concepts. I simply thought it was interesting when he was mentioning something about Jane Roberts's life.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for your comment and thanks for providing the information of those other channellers. Cayce I've definitely read, and I would also say that he was much more different than Roberts and also more popular.

I really do think that science and the like is catching up to him and her, but I do wonder sometimes when I look out at society and just shake my head. A lot of times I feel that we still have a long way to go.

As far as Jane Roberts is concerned, I think that the root cause of her illness and subsequent death was her troubled childhood and psychopathic mother. I think that she was deeply troubled by her mother and other things that happened in her childhood (like the priest that burned some of her poetry). Her heavy drinking I would say did not help. I remember that she had hypothyroidism. Seth confirmed that it was her childhood that was the cause of her problems. I remember that she had some kind of sinful self that was channelled as well. Apparently, we all have a sinful self that is aware of our "sinfulness" according to Seth. At least what we personally perceive as being sinful about ourselves. Just for clarity, Seth believed that there was no such thing as evil and believed that what we perceive as "evil" was simply ignorance.

edit on bFri, 25 Oct 2013 14:01:34 -0500pm297America/Chicago10pmFriday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

You are right about her husband. He died recently (I can't remember when). He also got remarried after Jane Roberts died.
edit on bFri, 25 Oct 2013 14:04:09 -0500pm297America/Chicago10pmFriday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Its was entertaining
Until the hoax was revealed on the JREF forums.

James Randi busted it wide open

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

There it is. It was for entertainment purposes. I would suggest you read his books. Although I'm positive you're not. The only way you can make a judgement is by looking into the primary source and not simply accepting secondary sources. I didn't know James Randi was some kind of god who helped you live a meaningful life. Not that Seth was a god. He did propose a system to live a meaningful life, however.

edit on bFri, 25 Oct 2013 14:22:14 -0500pm297America/Chicago10pmFriday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

James Randi wouldn't know a real psychic if she bit him (which she wouldn't do, tasting James Randi would be like tasting spoiled liver).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I just don't understand why an intelligent person wouldn't read the books for him/herself. Wouldn't you be scared of somebody taking something out of context?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Thanks. The Stuart Edward White books were similar to the Seth stuff in that he was recording the oversoul of his wife, Betty. She was the one playing. As for my sinful self, he's always here, sitting on my shoulder, hitting on witches and pagans, and has me now looking for a Pan flute.

Yes, Roberts had a hell of a personal life (I hope Robert Butts was happy in his second marriage, and his widow probably cleaned up on the small bucks from the Seth books). I didn't know about some of her early life. I've never read her Wikipedia page, does it do her justice (if someone here has read it)?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I just don't understand why an intelligent person wouldn't read the books for him/herself. Wouldn't you be scared of somebody taking something out of context?

So true, and Randi couldn't understand the data anyway. He has a worldview of doubt and solidness, and those type of personalities only see, like the rest of us, what they want to see and are willing to accept. Someone said, maybe Robert Anton Wilson?, that the best way to expand your own universe is to accept everyone elses. I can accept James Randi's universe, but only when he's eating some good Indian food.

As for judging without reading the material, the main recipient of that lately has been L. Ron Hubbard, whose material is great imnho but the organization he left behind (even years before he died) hasn't figured out a way, or cared enough to do it, to clean up the rep layed on them by major media and other borderline personalities, let alone by their stupid and rigid policies and thirst for grabbing as much of a student's money as they can.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I don't think Randi has the desire to understand the data. I think that he's all about selling his brand, which is so popular these days. And look, he's doing something right; we have one of his followers. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I don't think Randi has the desire to understand the data. I think that he's all about selling his brand, which is so popular these days. And look, he's doing something right; we have one of his followers. What a joke.

Well, Randi and his followers have as much of a personal universe as anyone, they just limit it to "these things can't be real" so the data and perceptions they receive will always confirm their beliefs. Tis the way of the world. It was lucky that people like Targ studied Ingo Swann and some others, they at least accepted the data. But either way, just as real in that person's personal universe (one of at least three = your own universe, the other guy's universe, and the agreed-upon universe that we can kick and walk on).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm going for awhile, but will come back to this thread at some point later. Caught my fancy, this thread did, because Jane Roberts and the others caught my fancy awhile ago. And damn, now I'm going to have to read her Wikipedia page to see what the wiccans at wiccanpedia think.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thanks for that info on Stuart Edward White. It looks interesting, I'll look into it.

Yeah, I think his wife definitely cleaned up. That's for sure. I've read the Wikipedia article. It's alright. It compiles a lot of the background info on her that's in the books. The criticism on her is not too one-sided. I personally think that it's hard to criticize her -- that insight I had about her writing style that I had on this thread blew me away, thanks to Octave. Cito, I highly recommend that you investigate that part of the thread. I wouldn't so quickly base my assumptions on somebody else's information, rather than your own. There's a life lesson there.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I definitely believe that James Randi and his followers inhabit their own world. I even remember Seth saying something like a tree to a microbe, a fly, and a bird doesn't just seem different. It is different. So therefore, while us humans are obviously similar, there must be slight differences to our perceptive faculties.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Get you some Wiccans. Haha.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This is who you believe is a chaneller of an alien intelligence? Looks like a hippy on drugs. But hey, she got money, you guys got some good stories thats what really matters right, as long as you dont really believe she is channeling some higher dimensional being, or if you do I guess you can, what the heck, as long as you dont expect anyone else to believe it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

She wasn't on drugs. The most she was on was cigarettes and alkie-hol. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't a hippy. She wasn't from someplace like California. She was from upstate New York. That's how people looked back then. I'm probably more of a hippy than she is. I'm from California. It's funny how you're judging a book by its cover. Reading the book without all the supposed theatrics is the real equalizer. She spoke real slow as Seth. But when her speech is sped up while reading the books it makes more sense. I'm actually not much of a fan of the videos either. The books is where the real magic is.

That video was her when she first started. She ended up cutting her hair real short. Very anti-hippy.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I definitely believe that James Randi and his followers inhabit their own world. I even remember Seth saying something like a tree to a microbe, a fly, and a bird doesn't just seem different. It is different. So therefore, while us humans are obviously similar, there must be slight differences to our perceptive faculties.

Slight differences??? From what I've picked up from reading and experiencing, we experience perceptions of the universe in vastly different ways. Hugh differences. The room isn't even perceived by two people as the same size. The bard himself, Robert Anton Wilson, bless and rest his wizard head, spent a career writing books which had as the proclaimed main message the fact that we experience our universes in vastly different ways. Best example: what to you like on your pizza. Few have the same taste as to what a good pizza is, and that's the way of the whole world.

But I ramble. And think of pizza.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thanks for the boring video, I've never seen her be Seth before. I'm surprised her husband didn't divorce or walk out on her. He had to put up with transcribing that from the tapes or whatever? Poor guy. But this Seth knew what he was doing (it's part of her oversoul by he way, and every once in awhile Super Seth or whatever who is Seth's oversoul takes over) 'cause when you string all the words together into a book it works very well.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I havnt had a chance to thankyou for the link you gave me to the downloads of the seth books. I started the first book last night and am now on chapter 54,( thats including an eight hour shift in work, my daughters maths homework and a very small nights sleep). my mind is currently blown by the thought of a mulitidimensional existance in countless incarnations at the same time. Whooaa. This stuff is magic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join