It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I read quite a bit on the official Seth site, unfortunatly it only gives excerpts of his teachings. I really did enjoy it, im a bit broke at the moment so cant buy books, does anyone have a linky where i can read more of the teachings in full? thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
>>
the concepts presented were just so ahead of Roberts's time.
>>

Not only that, but also incredibly coherent as opposed to some hoaxed, random blah-blah.
That it was hoaxed or simply made-up is VERY unlikely to me, even as a skeptic. It would need tremendous brains and insight into really complex and "in itself coherent" spiritual ideas....things you cannot simply "make up as you go".

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I very much think so too. Starred.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Here's a link. Hopefully my links work now. If it doesn't work, copy and paste it from the source of this reply. If you fake a quote it will work. I read my Seth books from this website as I too am broke, and cannot buy those types of books for personal reasons.

All the Seth books.

edit on bThu, 24 Oct 2013 14:39:53 -0500pm296America/Chicago10pmThursday24America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I read the core book, which I believe was a synthesis of Janes her initial experiences (initially) channeling Seth, or at least thepart where they got down to business and channeled a book, thought for thought. I say that, because these are't direct english-speaking transmissions from Seth. They are from another dimension or her subconcious mind. They are thoughts, feelings, beliefs shared by an alleged extraterrestrial/extradimensional entity.

My personal belief was that this was an alternate personality. I wouldn't call her a nut or a crack. She definitly could have (may have?) passed a polygraph. Those are my thoughts on the material I veiewed, which was only a fraction of what's out there. There are videos and audio recordings of her channeling. Interesting, but I didn't stick around.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think that somebody who were exposed to Seth wouldn't be duped into believing in somebody like, say, Sylvia Browne. To say the least. I sometimes would read her books for entertainment but never once believed that they were the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Have read many of the Seth books. I am not fond of "channelers" especially those in the past 20 years, but I feel the Seth books were outstanding and the complexity and thoroughness of the material is impressive.

Glad to see others "get it" too.

Makes me want to go dig out my old books and re-read them. Oversoul Seven was awesome too.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

He certainly makes you enjoy and also want to study them, huh? I really enjoy Seth.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For those who can't afford to buy the book, here is an audio version of "Seth Speaks."

edit on 24-10-2013 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I've read several of the Seth books and am currently rereading Seth Speaks for the third time right now.

These books have had more spiritual impact on me than any metaphysical books I've ever read over the years. I've always been very wary of channelers but the division and gap between Jane Roberts personality and Seth is so wide and so diverse it leaves me with only one conclusion. She's a master manipulator and story teller or she was genuinely channeling a personality called Seth.

There will always be naysayers but I've read works by both Jane Roberts and by Seth and she was either a master at manipulating and changing every nuance and inflection of the words as she relayed them. Or she was exactly as she presented herself to be. I believe she was exactly who she presented herself to be. And I believe Seth was who he presented himself to be, a completely separated personality channeled through Jane Roberts.

I've learned so much through the Seth books, I place a tremendous amount of value in them.

My favorite haiku my Jane Roberts:

The cat eats the mouse
Neither exist
Do not tell them

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

That's funny, because I actually remember that poem. I can't remember what book it's in, though. I also do believe that the personality differences were very wide apart. Seth was very gregarious and funny, while Roberts was very emotional and, in my opinion, neurotic. In terms of my life experience, those are very different personality types. My mom is neurotic, and she seems to have very little of a sense of humor. Another thing is that Jane Roberts was a poet. I don't think that she really investigated New Age systems of thought the way for example people who regularly post on this particular forum do before Seth came along in her life. To be honest I don't know much about her interests before Seth. I do know some aspects of her life that are mentioned in the books before Seth. To be fair, I rarely read the Introductions. I just wanted to jump straight into his material.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It appears in The Nature of Personal Reality

She actually did have an interest in new age thoughts and ideas and experimented with the Ouija board quite a lot. She was a poet and her writing style I found to be a bit flat unlike Seth whose writing style was more rounded and full of humor.

Her writing style felt to me at least more intellectual whereas Seth's felt more geared toward the man down the street. They were very, very different styles and personalities.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Octave
She actually did have an interest in new age thoughts and ideas and experimented with the Ouija board quite a lot. She was a poet and her writing style I found to be a bit flat unlike Seth whose writing style was more rounded and full of humor.

Her writing style felt to me at least more intellectual whereas Seth's felt more geared toward the man down the street. They were very, very different styles and personalities.

Yeah, I knew about the Ouija board. That's how she came across Seth. I actually forgot about that to be honest.

I read her poetry that was in the books. As a poet, I was never really a fan of her poetry. I prefer poets such as Delmore Schwartz, Lisa Zaran and Billy Collins.

But, actually that's a really interesting point you make about her poetry and her writing style being flat. I remember Robert Butts in his comments saying that her novels and poetry weren't selling nearly as much. Her publisher even had to cut one (?) of her children's books for lack of sales. I mean, logically, if she were really a con-artist, she wouldn't be so two-sided as far as her writing styles as seen from a business perspective. If she were really as clever as some people perhaps suppose, she would have been effective at moving all of her books. She would have to be some kind of world-class con-artist with utterly mysterious intentions. I now know for a fact that it is very close to impossible that she was some kind of con-artist.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Jane Robert's books are some of the first I read when I started trying to seek the truth about reality. It was way over my head at the time (I was pretty young) but it's great information.

I do know of one medium who is absolutely amazing. PM me if you want his website address.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
one of the best sources humanity ever had. sadly people were not ready for it. and when even the people on ats dont see that there is still not much hope

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
do you know bashar channeled by darryl anka?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

It's funny because I remember Seth in Seth Speaks saying that humanity was going to experience a spiritual transformation by about the 2070s. I can actually see some rough ideas of his being filtered down into society. A lot of those ideas are ones that were mentioned by Antoine and I that were discovered to be true and have been utilized recently. I am talking about things like theories about the multiverse and the popularity of mindful meditation (mindful meditation is similar to something Seth said about trusting your thoughts and feelings).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I've never heard of Bashar channelled by Darryl Anka. What were some of the core concepts?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GEmersonBiggins

I would definitely encourage you to read his books, starting from the Seth Material and beyond (I actually haven't read the Seth Material, but from what I understand that's when the concepts really started to gel). I'm not even really sure what book you're talking about, but as mentioned you really need to read starting from that book and go on from there. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Let's put it this way, assuming you're an intelligent person, I'd be surprised if you're life weren't changed.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I love the Cezanne and particularly William James books by Jane Roberts.
The Seth series is a constant companion, I've had one or other of the books on the go for the past 15 or so years. Essential reading.
Her "own" work I find a bit dull -- hardly surprising considering the competition.

Seth Jane and Robert have, by virtue of their fascinating collaboration, provided me with a place of safety from which to view the cosmos.
I approached them with a jumbled rag-bag of ideas from many sources, and found that they were all part of the same cohesive picture.

It would be nice to be able to thank them further on up the road.

mistersmith.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join