It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I just read the main topics of interest at the Law of One website (Ra material). Very inspiring and informative. I would say that it close to changed my life. It added a whole new outlook to what I am about, I truly understand myself a lot better and what my purpose here is for. Wow.

You're picking up a lot of information really quick, and if this week was like that, just imagine what next week will bring!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I just read the main topics of interest at the Law of One website (Ra material). Very inspiring and informative. I would say that it close to changed my life. It added a whole new outlook to what I am about, I truly understand myself a lot better and what my purpose here is for. Wow.

I found it interesting, not quite as explained as well as Seth would, but well enough, and from a different perspective, which can only expand the one I got from Seth. So thumbs up to a degree on Ra.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thanks to Aleister. To thebtheb: I feel that it is slightly to somewhat different than Seth in many ways. I think that the bottom line is that the entity being channelled is colored to a great extent by the channels. For one, I notice that the Ra entity tends to speak a lot about magick, and so therefore it is implicitly understood that the channels have as their interest magickal theory. But there is a large valuable amount of information there. The concept of Wanderers (I feel that I am a Wanderer!), Harvest, and at the very least the amazing revelation about the secret workings of this government and its dealings with UFOs.

I feel that it's too easy to dismiss an entity as giving very distorted information (I know that you're not doing this), but Jane Roberts and the Ra channels are completely different people, and there is a saying in Spanish that says that each head is a universe. And Seth did say that reality was in a sense vastly different from person to person. So in that sense, the Ra channellers are channelling a somewhat different universe than that of Jane Roberts.

What fascinates me about the Ra material is its specificity. I'd like to investigate in more detail the concept of evolution of the Ra entity. To anyone who's read Seth's books, or at least the right Seth book, knows that he stated that evolution was false. The Ra entity seems to say that it is true, however this may be an oversimplification, and Ra's statements about evolution may be more nuanced than that.

It's definitely all very interesting. After reading what I've read so far, I highly recommend it!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Thanks to Aleister. To thebtheb: I feel that it is slightly to somewhat different than Seth in many ways. I think that the bottom line is that the entity being channelled is colored to a great extent by the channels. For one, I notice that the Ra entity tends to speak a lot about magick, and so therefore it is implicitly understood that the channels have as their interest magickal theory. But there is a large valuable amount of information there. The concept of Wanderers (I feel that I am a Wanderer!), Harvest, and at the very least the amazing revelation about the secret workings of this government and its dealings with UFOs.

I feel that it's too easy to dismiss an entity as giving very distorted information (I know that you're not doing this), but Jane Roberts and the Ra channels are completely different people, and there is a saying in Spanish that says that each head is a universe. And Seth did say that reality was in a sense vastly different from person to person. So in that sense, the Ra channellers are channelling a somewhat different universe than that of Jane Roberts.

What fascinates me about the Ra material is its specificity. I'd like to investigate in more detail the concept of evolution of the Ra entity. To anyone who's read Seth's books, or at least the right Seth book, knows that he stated that evolution was false. The Ra entity seems to say that it is true, however this may be an oversimplification, and Ra's statements about evolution may be more nuanced than that.

It's definitely all very interesting. After reading what I've read so far, I highly recommend it!

I don't think Seth said evolution is false. I think he said more or less that in the grand scheme of things, it is meaningless since time is not real. Seth was very concerned about explaining the true nature of time. Whereas Ra panders to our understanding of time. The wanderers could be likened to Seth's "speakers." At any rate, I would read Ra and recommend it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I thought that Seth stated in Dreams, Evolution & Value Fulfillment that evolution was false. I might be wrong; I'm not sure if you've read those volumes, I'd be surprised if you haven't.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I agree with thebtheb, (and Seth) that time is an illusion, and the theory of evolution is a device within that framework.

I find it extremely strange that the quantum physicists, who know that time is a sensory illusion, have not had a quiet word with the archaeologists, who don't.

I remember Seth remarking wryly on this failing of our scientific culture.

Since we are presently surrounded by more esoteric entities than we can shake a stick at, I wanted to mention again the book "The Only Planet of Choice." I found it valuable in that it describes in much detail the various forms of consciousness which inhabit the cosmos, and goes on to offer some very useful advice regarding any overtures from another alien species.
There is a wealth of other information in the book, but the advice on assessing the motivation of visitors has been very useful to me recently.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I thought that Seth stated in Dreams, Evolution & Value Fulfillment that evolution was false. I might be wrong; I'm not sure if you've read those volumes, I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I've read nearly everything except the last two thirds of the Magical Approach, and there are sections of Dreams, Evolution that I missed. It comes in two volumes, but one of the volumes is parts 1 and 2 and I think I'm missing one of the parts. So I may have missed that. I'll have to look it up now!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

mistersmith

I agree with thebtheb, (and Seth) that time is an illusion, and the theory of evolution is a device within that framework.

I find it extremely strange that the quantum physicists, who know that time is a sensory illusion, have not had a quiet word with the archaeologists, who don't.

I remember Seth remarking wryly on this failing of our scientific culture.

Since we are presently surrounded by more esoteric entities than we can shake a stick at, I wanted to mention again the book "The Only Planet of Choice." I found it valuable in that it describes in much detail the various forms of consciousness which inhabit the cosmos, and goes on to offer some very useful advice regarding any overtures from another alien species.
There is a wealth of other information in the book, but the advice on assessing the motivation of visitors has been very useful to me recently.

mistersmith.

Yes, that's probably what I was referring to, the part where Seth was talking about archaeologists, something like, "meanwhile your archaeologists go on happily dating things, never realizing that...' or something like that.

I will check out the Only Planet of Choice. One GREAT thing about this thread has been being exposed to other channel information. As you say, there are so many around right now, and most I won't read or laugh when I do to a degree. But it seems most people in this thread are offering up some high quality stuff to check out.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Yeah, I think that right now is a really important time, and all these entities are coming out of the closet, so to speak. That sounds like an interesting book. Could you give some highlights?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I actually haven't read them all either; sometimes I feel like my life is way too busy, even unemployed. Definitely read that, I'm interested on what your take on it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think that is so true about being exposed to other things on this thread. I'm not sure if I would've known about the Ra material. Perhaps eventually. I think that I've seen the Ra material mentioned elsewhere here on ATS. But not in such a condensed way as on this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yes, the archaeology quote sounds familiar - I had two archaeologists living next door when I first read that ...
So far, no-one has mentioned Jane's book on Cezanne -- which I found quite wonderful. The artist goes into minute detail regarding brushwork which any user of hand tools would recognise as inspired.
Also the William James book -- that is just astonishing, not only for the perspective from which it is written, but the (to me) perfect late 19th century literary flourish which is, it's not unfair to say, quite beyond Jane's usual style. It's closer to Kipling.

Brazen, if you're interested, the "Only Planet of Choice" channels a group of aliens who offer help and support to an American medium and her friends.
I think it fair to say that the content is of a quality which renders its origins of secondary importance.
For those who are open to the possibility that the communication is genuine, there is a warning concerning contact with the Pleiades. It's not a straightforward condemnation as I read it, more advice on what's helpful.

One thing I came away with was the realisation that there's no-one in the entire universe who knows the whole story.
Or if there is, they don't bother about the remote and forgotten outer reaches of this particular galaxy.
I know what it's like.
I'm from Yorkshire.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I've made up my mind on reading the Ra material. I want to read it, but I wanted to ask anybody on this thread who's read it: what do they think is of higher quality in their opinion, the Ra material or the Seth material? You may be honest, I don't care.

Definitely recommended.

I don't think it's a matter of better or worse, more of which one may resonate with you more closely. I look at it as a "same church, different pew" kind of thing. Or if a musical metaphor suits you better - they are different instruments in the same orchestra in the performance of the grand opus of "All That Is". (To rip off my own post from another thread).

If you want to make it a holy trinity of sorts, add the Michael material from the Chelsea Quinn Yarbro books.

From my perspective, Seth was more conversational/personal, Ra was more professorial (in a kindly old professor kind of way), and Michael was a combination of both with a very brick & mortar approach to help us understand not only what is, but how it's structured and what that means for each of us as individuals. I found very good info in all 3 and could see the similarities and common "truth" in each.

But then again, I am a 6th level Mature Artisan with a chief feature/obstacle of arrogance according to Michael, so take the above for what it's worth.

Your mileage may vary, etc etc...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks for that. I'll eventually look into it. I think it's possible that each entity has a different specialization as well, perhaps the reason for the slightly to somewhat different info.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Same thing with the Michael material. I hope to read that eventually. I really am enjoying the Ra material, though.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Yeah, thanks for that. I'll eventually look into it. I think it's possible that each entity has a different specialization as well, perhaps the reason for the slightly to somewhat different info.

I could be being biased, but from all the different material I've read, I still find Seth to be the most pure. What I mean by that is Seth said that such material would always be distorted to a degree, even his, that much of the problem was that the very act of being translated into our terms automatically distorted the material. But then of course there is the psyche/vocabulary/personal beliefs of the medium that can color the material. Lastly, there is the level of evolution of the entity coming through. You could channel your recently deceased grandmother, but she'll only see and be aware of so much. And in those terms, Seth appears to be, to me anyway, further evolved as an entity than any other such material I've read.

But if that's the case, what I do find about other entities is that they talk about some things that Seth rarely touched on, I think because they are more personally connected to certain subjects, whereas Seth is transmitting stuff that is more "overall and ultimate". But I find what some of the other entities have to say, that Seth has skipped, VERY interesting, which is why the RA material is fascinating.

Seth once actually said that some of our ancestors actually left this planet physically for other star systems - and that's it! I mean I would have loved some elaboration on that!

Finally, a little tidbit I came across a few years ago that I found fascinating. Regarding the Seth 2 state that Jane reached where she would be in contact with an even more evolved version of Seth, did anyone know that twice, Jane reached a Seth 3 state. I would have loved to hear that, but I can't find that material anywhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Wow. I would love to hear more about Seth 3. Do you know where that could be? It's not in any of the books is it? That's one of the reasons why I would like to go to Yale to dig deeper into the archive. I wouldn't be surprised if it was there. Unless it was in one of the ESP classes. Another thing I was wondering about was I wonder where Seth would match up with the densities. I suspect that Seth would be a 5th density entity, Seth 2 would perhaps be something like 6th. And if there is a Seth 3, I would give it a 7th density.

I also think that if you were to match up the Ra material with the Seth material a lot of the differences could possibly be explained by the general time frame of the sessions. Edgar Cayce was no doubt a pioneer. But I think that the time frame that he operated in distorted the transmissions a little bit. Seth was a little less distorted. And the Ra material is much less distorted. I think that this is because, as is stated in the Ra material, we are slowly moving into a 4th density world. So therefore the transmission would get clearer as a result of this. This is just my theory. I could write a book about, but it would by no means be a scholarly work. Just personal observations about channelling. I don't care if someone steals my idea. As long as it's written.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Can someone give me an explanation of what the ra material is really about and if there is a basic paradigm

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

The Ra material is about an entity called Ra who was channelled by three channellers from what I understand. His main point is that right now, as humanity, we are moving from 3rd density existence to a higher density of existence called 4th density (it's very similar to what Bashar says). His/Her existence is in the 6th density. Let's put it this way, if you love Bashar, you'll absolutely fall out of your chair for the Ra material. There's, I think, 100 sessions, and the website organizes itself by way of main topics, but you can browse each session if you'd like. Once you start browsing some of the main topics, you'll be absolutely addicted. I highly recommend the one about UFOs (that one gets really intense when it starts talking about Nikola Tesla and the United States). Just google either Law of One or The Ra material, and you'll see what everyone's raving about. You'll probably start annoying your family with the Ra material, but considering the high quality information, that's just collateral damage. Haha.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread978399/pg17#pid17198703]post by brazenalderpad trescorpio[/url/i]

Hello, im still reading through the seth books in the link you give me, thankyou for that again, it is proving an illuminating read.
Ive got to be honest, i tried to read the RA material a couple of years ago, and found it really hard going, so good luck with it!

ps hope youve recovered from your spat on the Bashar thread, Bashar's not very popular on ATS, Kaskau does his best.
edit on 13-11-2013 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join