It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Aleister

Is Virginia Beach in Virginia? If you say yes I'm going to feel pretty stupid!

Then I'll reserve my answer. I've been there once, and that was enjoyable. I also visited Selma and while walking around I came across the storefront/building that Cayce lived in from 1912 to 1923, and asked the people running the store (some kind of office supply place I think) if I could see Cayce's living quarters and they cleared a path on the stairway and we went upstairs. That was fun too. I suppose Seth fans wouldn't mind being in her home and checking out the rooms where she gave her material from.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I definitely would enjoy seeing where all her sessions took place. I've always wondered what their rooms looked like, exactly.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

LosPollos
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

You'd think he'd have chosen a more mystical name.

Seth is a variant of Set, the Egyptian god. Which is rather intriguing, given he's not the first Egyptian god to lay the cards down and explain the rules to us hundreds of years after the fact. Remember Ra? Yeah, he was channeled by a small group of mediums who compiled his answers into three volumes known as the Ra Material. Same methodology, same family of deities...only they weren't deities, they were higher dimensional beings. And they had pretty much the same thing to say. Which could qualify as being suspicious, but whatever.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's fine if you don't want to think it's of merit, but you are exactly right about Seth being a variant of Set. You have a very sharp eye. Seth alludes to that in Unknown Reality Vol. 2. I was going to say that to LosPollos, but it seemed like he was trolling, so I didn't think it was worth it. To be honest, I'm not familiar with the "Ra material." I've heard people mention it on this thread, but as far as channelling goes, I'm mostly familiar with Seth. If I finally end up reading all of his books, I could close to consider myself a Seth expert. I really do understand his universe. I think it's because I read Seth Speaks ad nauseam. I got a good feel for visualizing almost everything he talked about.

edit on bWed, 30 Oct 2013 19:48:41 -0500pm302America/Chicago10pmWednesday30America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's fine if you don't want to think it's of merit, but you are exactly right about Seth being a variant of Set. You have a very sharp eye. Seth alludes to that in Unknown Reality Vol. 2. I was going to say that to LosPollos, but it seemed like he was trolling, so I didn't think it was worth it. To be honest, I'm not familiar with the "Ra material." I've heard people mention it on this thread, but as far as channelling goes, I'm mostly familiar with Seth. If I finally end up reading all of his books, I could close to consider myself a Seth expert. I really do understand his universe. I think it's because I read Seth Speaks ad nauseam. I got a good feel for visualizing almost everything he talked about.

edit on bWed, 30 Oct 2013 19:48:41 -0500pm302America/Chicago10pmWednesday30America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

This is the thing! I mean it's like I wasn't open to being skeptical when I first read Seth. The only other thing I'd heard of or read before Seth was the Edgar Cayce stuff and even then, it was more the story of Edgar Cayce. Anyway, but when I first picked up a Seth book, the material captivated me immediately and I could see it all in a very vivid and realistic way. It made so much sense, and felt so true. It was like, "Of course!" Almost like I had always known what he was saying, but had forgotten. I realized it was dense reading. And I realized later that many people didn't like Seth, even "new age" people into other channeled stuff, because they considered it too complicated. But honestly, I consider a lot of other channeled material, even that I trust, not complicated enough, simplifying things to the degree that the messages become too distorted. But not so with Seth.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I think some of it can be complicated. But, when he get's simple it's like... whoa! Why isn't humanity already aware of this!! It seems like stuff that should be common sense, but for some reason it's not.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

kauskau
... about his planet (btw this was the first talk i heard which started to break my scepticism..when he is asked about astrology..if its existiing in his system..his answer totally blew my mind in its simple precise integrative flow.....)

Thanks Kauskau, for embedding those videos. The video on astrology blew me away. Also I'm one of those people who found myself inside a UFO, so this session really resonates with me.

This "Bashar" material (whatever the source) is light years ahead of the Esther Hicks-"Abraham" stuff.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Aleister

... I've been there once (Virginia Beach, VA*) and that was enjoyable. I also visited Selma and while walking around I came across the storefront/building that Cayce lived in from 1912 to 1923, and asked the people running the store (some kind of office supply place I think) if I could see Cayce's living quarters and they cleared a path on the stairway and we went upstairs. That was fun too....

The Edgar Cayce material is worth studying seriously.

* My insert.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I felt exactly the same way about the Ra Material, and Seth has a lot of the same stuff to say.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
kauskau, I really must say thanks again, for the introduction to Bashar.
Now I've explored further, his value becomes clearer -- for me he is excellent on video, whereas Seth is ideal in book form.
Bashar's personality* shines through, and further illuminates the words.
His energy and pace are exhilarating.
And Darryl is an excellent avatar.

I've taken his advice and downloaded Beethoven's 7th, second movement, (first 3 minutes) to my MP3, I think that it would also be a useful preparation for reading Seth.

Now the question is, shall I go for a stroll with Seth, or a run with Bashar?

mistersmith.

*Personality. Greek, Per -- through sona -- sound.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

mistersmith

I've taken his advice and downloaded Beethoven's 7th, second movement, (first 3 minutes) to my MP3, I think that it would also be a useful preparation for reading Seth.

mistersmith.

Pretty interesting. Now I've got to listen to Beethoven's 7th, second movement, first three minutes. Can you link that section of music to the thread? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

That's a good point. They are the same in intent, but powerful in vastly different mediums (mediums as in book and video). I like that!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'd like to hear it as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

mistersmith

kauskau, I really must say thanks again, for the introduction to Bashar.
Now I've explored further, his value becomes clearer -- for me he is excellent on video, whereas Seth is ideal in book form.
Bashar's personality* shines through, and further illuminates the words.
His energy and pace are exhilarating.
And Darryl is an excellent avatar.

mistersmith.

I invested a lot of my free time in bashar since 3 years. Simply because i follow what excites me more and i really feel uplifted listening to him AND learn a lot.
I also have a lot of Seth Books and wanted to study them again but when i started i saw that i already knew what Seth had to say in a way but found it more "top heavy" reading seth. Was more "chunky " in a way without really saying something different than bashar.. So i would go with Bashar. The good thing is: you can listen to him on your mp3 while cleaning your house or going to work ...(thats what i do and it really lifts my whole energy because the way he puts it is always "easy")

I already linked the collection but i link it again because it really has good material from the 80s and 90s..
archive.org...

Before you start (for the case you do) -> There is one conecpt which is really important for intuition to understand a lot of concepts more easily..its a kind of basis for a lot of concepts.Its the question of: how is the one able to manifest "all that is"... It helped me to understand multidimensional concepts and easily and god...and in a way now i know that the people who are enlightened on earth (like buddha, ramana maharshi etc..) also have a perspective of truth..

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
btw: i am totally happy that you like him. Because the change that he made in my life shows me what difference it would make when more people would listen to him.

One day maybe we could discuss how one should "introduce" Bashar to the sceptics.. On ATS i often tried to introduce him and of course there always the few that like him..but the majority on ATS is not open to Bashar.
And for me this is kind of sad because in a way ATS is already one of the most "open places" around with people who give "strange ideas" a chance..so that shows me that humanity will still take some time to get ready for first contact (of course in my reality...)
-> because bashar often said that they will make contact when more people are ready to understand that contact is already happening and its a matter of "free choice" to open oneself to this possibility..

So maybe we could discuss later why you think that so many people on Ats are not open to stuff like this.
Would be interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
bashar describes what it does ...after that ..the music

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Excellent -- thanks for the extra material, and for the music especially, as my computer is woefully deficient. (Faulty wiring between the keyboard and the seat).

You mentioned :-
"Its the question of: how is the one able to manifest "all that is" "
That's a good summing-up of the reason we're here.
Somewhere I read of two useful questions, when in doubt.
Regarding what to do --- "What would Love do ?"
Regarding a particular action -- "Is that who I am ?"
I find these useful.

I sense your concern that this awareness should spread, and I share it, although I think that the focus is to create the universe we want to live in on an individual basis. That will have a positive effect on others who are open to our vibration. They will further their own awareness.

It's an indirect thing.

It reminds me of a discovery I made as a craftsman.
It's no good trying to make better stuff.
It doesn't work like that.
Become a better person -- you'll make better stuff.
It works like that.

Sceptics, by their nature, are not ready or willing to listen, even if they hear. I view my interaction with them in terms of energy conservation.
Plenty to do nearer home ....
And discussion with those who have open minds , as we've been seeing here, has been helpful for us all.
Even a Mozart Fundamentalist like myself ...

mistersmith.

One day more : one day less.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

yeah you are totally right.
I just look forward to the changes that will come when we will have open contact. It will be an awesome show. And its really a blessing to be on this planet at this times...

Today i listened to a a very old session from the 80s where bashar is asked when humans in general will know about ET....

this one:

And even if predictions are only using the energy of the system in which they are made, he seems to very accurate as 2011-2013 really was the years with very much info on the subject of et..but he also says that the likelyhood of US as a mass consciousness knowing of ET is really high in 2037 ..
so i guess i have to be patient

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
btw i would be really interested in which videos or topics you find interesting from bashar..so maybe one day you will post that and we can share a little our "best of "..

I sense that you are already experienced which channeled material so it will be more "specific" stuff that you find interesting...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I don't understand why people on this specific forum (Phil. and Met.) would be skeptical. I could see it on another forum, but not here. I guess that there are always trolls, but anyway... I haven't been here long enough to know all that goes on here.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join