It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the ads I see only of items I have recently purchased online?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Senduko
Oh and don't forget guys, Google updated it's add policy. Which starting november i think will allow them to use your picture for advertising to your friends. No SH*T, look it up on google.

Gonna be some wierd stuff when you see your friend in adult advertisement campaign lol .

People need to cut their connection to google in everyway possible. Use Startpage for searches, don't use gmail or any other service that requires you to log in. Same with facebook. Just say no to spying (aka targeted advertising).

Some folks have already talked about browser add-ons. Some others are:

1) Do Not Track Me
2) Ghostery
3) NoScript

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
just thought about another way to block and delete flash cookies.
go to control panel, look for flash player icon, click and under storage tab, block all sites from storing information.

thought you might want to read this about flash cookies. from better privacy.

Remove or manage a new and uncommon kind of cookies, better known as LSO's.The BetterPrivacy safeguard offers various ways to handle Flash-cookies set by Google, YouTube, Ebay and others...

Flash-cookies (Local Shared Objects, LSO) are pieces of information placed on your computer by a Flash plug-in. Those Super-Cookies are placed in central system folders. They are frequently used like standard browser cookies. Although their thread potential is much higher as of conventional cookies, only few users began to take notice of them.

here is the website for them, it tells you a lot about flash cookies.
Better Privacy

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Install and use Firefox as default browser.

Install the following add ins:

Ghostery
HTTPS Everywhere

Enjoy no more adds.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is it just me or does someone else sees the stupidity of this kind of advertising?

If I like brand A and I eat/buy/watch/listen/use the service of/shop/etc with or at Brand A, I get advertisements of brand A. And not of one of the competing brands.

I get advertisements of my providers while no other provider tries to lure me away.
I get advertisements of the shop I just visited or bought something not from others.
While eating NYpizza I get advertisements of NYpizza and not domino's

If you browse on brand A and I provide a similar brand B I would like you to see my advertisements about my brand B while you search or have searched for brand A

(And yes I know I have used 7 times the word advertisements in this short post)

To the OP luckily you made a remark about seeing shoes and not "hot Russians ready for marriage" those kind of remarks make me LOL a lot

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Senduko
reply to post by calstorm

This could have several reasons, the first thing that pops in my head is either you are logged on youtube on both computers with the same account ( this could be you gmail account or plane Youtube acc.)

Or if your using chrome both your browsers might be synced.

I don't have any accounts associated with Google. I browse you-tube but I am not logged into an account.
Hubby on the other hand does. But neither one of us use the others computers so he has never been logged on to youtube on my computer.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Read "The Filter Bubble" by Eli Pariser.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Someone here mentioned the Firefox addon Don't Track me, and I have been a very satisfied user.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join