It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what values do liberals have?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You have conservatives like Bush and others that say they are pro-life. They also support the death penalty. This is something that most people don't understand and ask questions about how they can support both.

B.T.W.
Are those people in the White House confused that bad? I mean, how can you be pro-life and yet support the death penalty alongside that?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Means, Motive And Opportunity

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
I mean, how can you be pro-life and yet support the death penalty alongside that?

I think the reasoning is that most fetuses are neither guilty nor capable of committing a capital offense.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
...stop yelling at the poor fellow, who despite his evident prejudice may honestly be in search of information, and give him the answers he requests.

Bushfriend, if you really want to know what liberals believe, follow this link.

If you find what you read interesting, you might want to explore the rest of the site.

If you would like a good (short) book instead, I recommend On Liberty by John Stuart Mill, published in 1859. You will find Chapter One here, with links to the remaining chapters at the bottom of the page.

If, after reading all that, you're still calling yourself 'bushfriend', I'll buy you a beer. Or, if you prefer, a very liberal Pinot Noir.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I’ve said it before on other topics here and I’ll say it again

What I hold dear to me to consider myself a Liberal is that I am very open minded. If I have something to say against the current administration, I'll say it no matter if I'm out in public or not. I also hold this dear to me, and that is we can't really do anything about terrorism unlike what this current administration's believes are.

The one of many things that I oppose in the conservative movement is their view on abortion. Do these people ever think that an abortion may be helpful to someone? They don't realize that some women are unable bear children because it may hurt or kill the mother or the child or both. Plus, isn't it real strange how someone can be pro-life and yet support the death penalty?

What Kind of Liberal Am I?

I would have to say that I am an 8 out of 10 on the Liberal Scale. When it comes down to some issues, I speak my opinions, but I don't force them on people like others do. There are some issues that I am straight down the middle on. If someone does not agree with my views, that's fine with me. Just don't make it a personal attack on what I believe in.

I do have a stand point on abortion, and it's one that everyone should think about. That is, what if the childbirth poses a risk to the mother or the child? Is it ok then to literally make the mother or the child suffer through the birth? A stand point like what most people take on it, I look at it as immoral. I really don't have an opinion on gay marriage or gay rights. Since the Episcopalians elected a gay priest, I've looked at it like no place is immune, not even a house of worship. I support the Constitution and the Second Amendment like all Americans should be doing now. Some people in this country today, including the ones in the White House, have forgotten what beliefs this country was founded on.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Yep, I fell into the same trap. Just another far right liberal bashing thread

Oh, DON'T EVEN START!
If you're trying to say that there are more threads bashing liberals than there are bashing conservatives, you better be prepared to be proven wrong.
I'm a Bush support too, but I don't believe that all our morals are correct, and theirs are wrong. Liberals have some good things in their beliefs as well.

WOW.....A Misfits Fan Thats Supports Bush?......I have now Seen Everything.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join