It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving one's health through earthing. Please share your experience.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The video below suggests that grounding or earthing of human body helps lessen aches, pains and improve general health. It is an intriguing concept.
If you have tried this out or know someone who has, would you please share with us the positive or negative experiences/outcomes?

Worth watching first:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I know that there is an ion-exchange that occurs from skin/dirt exposure - that neutralizes free radicals.

Is that what the video is about? You need to give a summary of the main points; many people can't watch videos (or won't willingly sit through 75 minutes of one) without an idea of what it is.

Yes, I've tried it (recommended by my chiropractor; and later looked it up myself to confirm) - and it was a good experience.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Touch a wooden surface, that's you grounded.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me just how gullible people can be.
"Earthing" has to be up there with the best of them lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Have you tested it or do you know someone who has to derive that conclusion??? Unlike anything else that you need to spend money to try, this is free to experiment. No one is selling the idea for profit. No one can even patent it or we will have to be paying royalty for walking barefooted.
I would even further assume the creator of the video would risk his reputation if he was making the film to fool viewers....and wasted all his time for what?

The video used flower cuttings to show the difference in the rate of wilting in "grounded" and "non-grounded" jars. Also, human blood samples were lab tested after two hours of grounding. I'm not saying these test results can't be tampered with for the video, but if you like, the first one could easily be replicated. Share with us your findings before making the statement you did. But do watch the video first. I know it is long. I think the author had taken a year to complete it.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Kurius

Yes, I've tried it (recommended by my chiropractor; and later looked it up myself to confirm) - and it was a good experience.

Did you notice any marked improvement in the condition that you had? How long had you been doing it before you felt any result?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What an incredible video!
It started out pretty slow, but once it got going, I couldn't stop watching!
I will definitely be doing further research on this subject...S7F !
Thanks for posting!
Nugget

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Kurius
reply to post by Pardon?

Have you tested it or do you know someone who has to derive that conclusion???

Unless you've got a net charge, grounding yourself isn't going to result in the net movement of electrons onto or off of you. You don't pick up extra by grounding yourself.

The video used flower cuttings to show the difference in the rate of wilting in "grounded" and "non-grounded" jars. Also, human blood samples were lab tested after two hours of grounding. I'm not saying these test results can't be tampered with for the video, but if you like, the first one could easily be replicated. Share with us your findings before making the statement you did. But do watch the video first. I know it is long. I think the author had taken a year to complete it.

If you give me an approximate time index to that in a 75 minute video, I'll be glad to find he has no controls, an insufficient sample size, and no blinding.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I hate the feeling of having something on my feet, but shoes are a necessity. However, weather permitting, I spend a lot of time in my yard barefoot. I can't say that it helps with my aches and pains.

CX

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Never tried it, but remember a thread years ago where a member here said that he regularly did it and benefited greatly from it....and the "wiser members" here ripped the piss out of him really bad.

Quite sad.

Bit like me saying that Mount Everest can't exist because i've never seen it.

Interesting subject.

CX.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Bedlam
If you give me an approximate time index to that in a 75 minute video, I'll be glad to find he has no controls, an insufficient sample size, and no blinding.

You seem to know some research issues. It would perhaps be more interesting if you would replicate the test that would satisfy your criteria and help us prove or debunk the hypothesis? Just saying.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

CX
Never tried it, but remember a thread years ago where a member here said that he regularly did it and benefited greatly from it....and the "wiser members" here ripped the piss out of him really bad.

Quite sad.

Interesting subject.

CX.

Yup, sad....especially if he had all the best of intentions sharing his personal findings and it really costs nothing to try.

I am asking someone I know who is suffering from rheumatism to test it out. I really do hope her condition will improve.

Err...so Mount Everest really exists?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

calstorm
I hate the feeling of having something on my feet, but shoes are a necessity. However, weather permitting, I spend a lot of time in my yard barefoot. I can't say that it helps with my aches and pains.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you get better soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

CX

Well, no, it's more like saying if I look at Mount Everest I feel better because of the invisible spirits that live in the snow on the peak of Everest sending me happy waves.

If I really believe that, looking at the mountain might make me happier. But not because anything is really happening, it's because people's moods and self-assessment abilities are capricious and modal.

The presence of Everest is easily measurable. The presence of happiness, or euphoria, or "feeling good" is not.

It becomes very very difficult to establish a control group for walking around in bare feet. You are going to know if you're the barefoot group right away. Therefore, if you say "I feel good walking around barefoot" all I can say is "Ok", because it's ultimately a mood thing for you. I like going around barefoot too. But when someone says "...and it's because of the magical earth electrons that enter my feet and cause mystical bio-currents through my body that cure cancer", well, no. You're not suddenly going to be inundated with a boatload of new fresh electrons, because you're not going to pick up a net charge walking around barefoot on dirt. The electrons won't have any cause to move into you, and won't. Not that a net static charge on you would have much effect anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Kurius

Bedlam

You seem to know some research issues. It would perhaps be more interesting if you would replicate the test that would satisfy your criteria and help us prove or debunk the hypothesis? Just saying.

If he's trying to prove that it makes a difference, great. If he's doing it wrong, it's meaningless and he wasted his time.

In order to do this right, it's going to take a lot of room, money and time. Here in about five days, I'll be back in on-base contractor housing with two other people. I'll be doing lots of experiments with impulse radar, though.

Do you know where in the video he does this? I want to see what he did. I bet it's along the same lines as the "school girl microwave water experiment".
edit on 21-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Kurius

I know that there is an ion-exchange that occurs from skin/dirt exposure - that neutralizes free radicals.

Is that what the video is about? You need to give a summary of the main points; many people can't watch videos (or won't willingly sit through 75 minutes of one) without an idea of what it is.

Touch the metal surface of an electrical panel. Done. Grounded or "earthed" whatever..

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

What a lovely video! Had a friend explain to me once that it's like a tree that grows in a pot and not in the earth. It gets a little bit psychotic because it can't extend its' roots into the earth and mingle and communicate.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Kurius
reply to post by Pardon?

Have you tested it or do you know someone who has to derive that conclusion??? Unlike anything else that you need to spend money to try, this is free to experiment. No one is selling the idea for profit. No one can even patent it or we will have to be paying royalty for walking barefooted.
I would even further assume the creator of the video would risk his reputation if he was making the film to fool viewers....and wasted all his time for what?

edit on 21-10-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

Can't say I've tested it personally (although I certainly have walked barefoot from time to time) however my knowledge of science tells me it's hokum.
The onus is really on the likes of you to test it and prove that it works, not for me to disprove it (not that there's really anything there to disprove in the first place).
I mean, I always wear leather-soled shoes anyway....

If you feel better for doing it then fine, good for you and you're not harming anyone but there's absolutely no physical or biological basis behind it at all.
Utter and absolute garbage.

(Although this lends more weight to my plans to become some sort of quack. It's so easy to do. A short video, a glossy website, the more outlandish the claim the better and once I've done that everything else is gravy)

EDIT: I've just been on their website....$60 for a conductive mat and a power cord!!!!!
I've really got to get into this!!!
edit on 22/10/13 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Pardon? I've just been on their website....$60 for a conductive mat and a power cord!!!!!
I've really got to get into this!!!
edit on 22/10/13 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

Unless you are just being facetious, I think it is advisable to prove if it works before your venturing into the business yourself. But if you already "know" it is an "absolute garbage" before even finding out, it is best to just forget it.

Btw, when you said "their website", whose website? I don't remember seeing a website address mentioned in the video or on its Youtube descriptions. A search in Amazon for "earthing mat" gets you one at the price you mentioned ($59.99)and there are almost 80 reviews of the product.

It's seems easy to make the mat yourself if you really want to and at a fraction of the cost. However, going barefooted is free if you just want to test it.
But then again, you probably wouldn't sink so low as to test what your mind has already decided "absolute garbage" which does not conform to "knowledge of science"?

So I don't know...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Bedlam
Do you know where in the video he does this? I want to see what he did.

There were a few quick instances in the video, and they certainly are not hugely funded/expensive tests that would satisfy any scientific journal (it's a low budget film, I think).
Sorry, I don't remember where they are....but they are definitely somewhere between the beginning and the end of the video.

Good luck with your impulse radar experiment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join