It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairy Folk vs Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I love this post. I can only give you one star. I love, have passion for Celtic myth, culture and practice. Cerridwyn of the Isles and Bridget for Ireland are my favorite in stories attributes and deeds. My first book ever was a liitle pocket book called Celtic Magic by Ray Buckland. It's still in my book case with a slew of other books centering around the Celtic pantheon. Even those whose influence blossomed in Gaul and nearby continental countries.

At the height of their culture, the Celts occupied much of western Europe.

CdT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by taoistguy

"Faeries" are, in reality, just the Christian degradation of the Tuatha de Danann.

The Tuatha de Danann were the native pagan deities of Ireland and the mainland Celts. When the Roman empire began campaigns to conquer all of Europe they encountered the Celtic pagan gods. The first thing they tried to do was convert these foreign deities to their Greco Roman counterparts because everything Greek and Roman was just "superior in every way." For instance, Lugh, the Celtic god of arts, eloquence, beauty, and the sun, became Apollo, the Greco Roman god of divination, arts, music, and the sun.

Later, when the Roman empire converted to Christianity, the Tuatha de Danann and other Celtic spirits were demonized, becoming the Little Folk. However, because places like Ireland remained insulated (never being conquered by Rome) the Tuatha de Danann were not erased. Instead they became a kind of folk memory, a relic from a bygone era. As memory of them was buried deep within the collective consciousness of the pan-Celtic people, so too did their homes become buried deep within the Earth. Where they once lived in opulent palaces and wondrous castle-forts, they now lived in sidhe-mounds and other subterranean dwelling places. Buried in both the Earth and our minds.

As human beings became less interested in them, they too became less interested in us. It had nothing to do with extraterrestrials killing them off, and everything to do with human beings no longer caring about them. The same reason the Anunnaki from Mesopotamia, the Aesir from Northern Europe, and the Neters from Egypt have all but disappeared from common human experience. We no longer seek them out, so they no longer seek us out.

If you visit Ireland though, or other parts of the British Isles where the faery folk memory is still alive, you'll find many, many stories of modern day faery encounters. The folk memory is still alive and well in their native land. They just never bothered to migrate.

~ Wandering Scribe

While I'd nitpick a bit on the exact mechanics involved, I'm truly
impressed with your observation! Truly and deeply.

KPB

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Thankyou for your long reply.
And thanks to all the others taking part.
A lot of interesting ideas coming forward and resurgence of the fairy folk.
I;m quite intrigued by the types of fairies/ I mean, is fairy just an umbrella term that incorporates all the different types, or are they a breed unto themselves?
And what do people think about pixie and piskey? How do they differ? Then ther#es dwarves, and elves and slyphs, sprites, etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

badgerprints

supermarket2012

I understand many people do not believe in these kinds of things, and I would not EVER try to convince anyone otherwise. If you don't believe me, I completely understand.

The abduction part is familiar to me. No need to explain why.
The faerie part I find interesting.

Where does your sister meet(?) faeries?

There is only one place in specific where I know my sister goes to physically see the faeries. She has taken my mother there, who previously didn't believe nor not believe in faeries. Once my mother was physically able to see them, she became a believer, and it actually astounded her.

I will ask my mother when she gets home tonight where the location is , and I'll reply back.

My sister actually does workshops which help others to connect to faeries, and has a newsletter and everything regarding the work she does with them. Surprisingly, it has gained quite the following!

I really don't want to be too specific as to what she does, and how she does it, because I'm afraid I will probably end up explaining or saying something wrong.

When it comes to faeries, I don't know much about them at all, as I said, that is my sister's field. From what I understand, she works with their energy and she has a specific area set up in her house where she does all of this work.

edit: to taotistguy, you are welcome for the replies! Such an interesting thread! I actually was going to send you a message with my sister's e-mail, I thought perhaps you might like to ask her about faeries if you were interested, she is definitely the person to ask, however, I can't find out how to send a private message on ATS. Is it possible?

edit on 10/20/2013 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/20/2013 by supermarket2012 because: added content

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

taoistguy

Thankyou for your long reply.
And thanks to all the others taking part.
A lot of interesting ideas coming forward and resurgence of the fairy folk.
I;m quite intrigued by the types of fairies/ I mean, is fairy just an umbrella term that incorporates all the different types, or are they a breed unto themselves?
And what do people think about pixie and piskey? How do they differ? Then ther#es dwarves, and elves and slyphs, sprites, etc.

Like I mentioned in another post on this thread, I think mythical beings fall into two main categories. I believe some mythical beings are actually fictional or metaphorical embodiments of energies, energetic patterns, archetypes, thoughts or ideas. Take for example the devil. While perhaps maybe there is some great devil that exists, I think the "devil" is also an embodiment of evil.

You can take just about any concept, emotion, idea, or thought, and embody it. Another example would be "Luck". Everyone knows what luck is. So, say you want to create a being that is the embodiment of good luck for the sake of story telling. You could do just that.

The other aspect of mythical creatures, I believe are actual beings. They can be physical, such as Big Foot, or Mothman. The reason they are "mythical" is because they are so extremely rare and isolated incidents of seeing them, that we cannot prove nor disprove them, and therefore they become legends. Without any physical evidence of their existence, they become "mythical". The problem here, is once they become "legend" or "myth", you have an infinite amount of stories popping up about them that actually ARE fiction. That is where it becomes extremely troublesome.....because the truth, if there is any truth, becomes buried in the fictional accounts/stories of such creatures.

Then you have the lesser categories of mythical creatures, for instance:

Creatures that perhaps existed at one point, in some ancient/time place....that we "remember", perhaps because it is stored in our DNA, who knows? Creatures like unicorns, and dragons......it makes you wonder if perhaps these creatures DID exist, and somehow, we "remember" them.

Another category of mythical creatures: Icons like Santa Clause.....who are based on real events/real people, but overtime become a mythical icon.

I think what it all boils down to, is mythology in GENERAL, is always a tiny weeny bit of actual TRUTH and REALITY, mixed in with a BUNCH of creativity and fiction.

Isn't humanity the same way? Our entire experience, of each human, is made up of MAYBE a fraction of what is actually real, and the rest is our emotions/thoughts/beliefs and other fleeting things that only exist in our minds.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Click on the first icon on the right hand side where it says Logout at top of acreen. That opens a new ribbon which gives you private message options. I will send you one now.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

occrest

You can get the PDF of Passport to Magonia here.

off to read.
edit on 20-10-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2013 by occrest because: correct link

Thank you very much, sir! I'm really looking forward to reading this. Little wine, some music and reading on...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes there are. Of various shapes and varieties. Some appear as various sizes of orbs of energy, self illuminated. Others seem to belong to a familial family but acquire different names as cultures and dialect change! Some are elemental - aquatic, air borne, dwelling within the earth. Spirit and energy everywhere, at various levels of consciousness. There are so many purported forms of non-intelligent human forces as to give years of entertaining reading.

The parallels become more remarkable when you get into signs and symptoms victims of fey/grey abduction suffer. In fairy reports people were often returned after disappearing sometimes for weeks! Always appearing as though they just left. Time distortion and travel are common themes in fairy abduction.

Also people with come back with marks. Triangular, sometimes circular marks called fairy kisses, some call them bites...

These stories, legends, myths...echo eerily of a pop culture phenomenon called alien abduction...

CdT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

Yes there are. Of various shapes and varieties. Some appear as various sizes of orbs of energy, self illuminated. Others seem to belong to a familial family but acquire different names as cultures and dialect change! Some are elemental - aquatic, air borne, dwelling within the earth. Spirit and energy everywhere, at various levels of consciousness. There are so many purported forms of non-intelligent human forces as to give years of entertaining reading.

The parallels become more remarkable when you get into signs and symptoms victims of fey/grey abduction suffer. In fairy reports people were often returned after disappearing sometimes for weeks! Always appearing as though they just left. Time distortion and travel are common themes in fairy abduction.

Also people with come back with marks. Triangular, sometimes circular marks called fairy kisses, some call them bites...

These stories, legends, myths...echo eerily of a pop culture phenomenon called alien abduction...

CdT

So do you see fairies/aliens as being neither 'fairy' or 'alien', but something else entirely? Donning a guise to suit the common mental perspective of the era?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I love this post. I can only give you one star. I love, have passion for Celtic myth, culture and practice. Cerridwyn of the Isles and Bridget for Ireland are my favorite in stories attributes and deeds. My first book ever was a liitle pocket book called Celtic Magic by Ray Buckland. It's still in my book case with a slew of other books centering around the Celtic pantheon. Even those whose influence blossomed in Gaul and nearby continental countries.

At the height of their culture, the Celts occupied much of western Europe.

Thank you.

Among others, the older Celtic myth and spirituality has always appealed to me. I don't delve as often into Welsh, Arthurian, or modern Celtic-Christianity, but the old Irish and mainland Gaulish myths, rites, and spirituality has always had a place in my heart.

The Tuatha de Danann are a kind of "Vernal Spirituality" for me.

Glad you appreciated the post.

reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

While I'd nitpick a bit on the exact mechanics involved, I'm truly
impressed with your observation! Truly and deeply.

Thank you.

I wasn't trying to get too in-depth with my reply though.

Considering that the Little Folk evolved, depending on where they were located, becoming the Moura in Spain, or Faery in Ireland, and so on, it was far easier to just group them all together under "Faery," and trace their origins back to the Tuatha de Danann from Ireland and Gaul.

Not at all to say that the mythology and legendary nature of the Little Folk hasn't changed and grown over time though. Like all potent spiritual forces, it certainly has.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Perhaps it's more fair to say we clothe them, influenced by our own thoughts, ideas and such fueled by the possibility of what we may discover.

By all accounts some of it is so alien, as to be awe inspiring. Blinding revelations...

So using symbolism, taking familiar forms, may be the only way they feel comfortable communicating with us. Indirectly. I mean look at the nature of ourselves! Scary scary Halloween all year somewhere in the sphere where humanity dwells!

Perhaps the only involvement they wish of us is indirect. What to call it - how to quantify unknowns? I call it God, Divine, Spirit and all manner of new age and occult lingo, and don't worry about identifying it, compartmentalize it, make judgements and fixed notions upon it.

However, I'm still completely marrying the two phenomenon as related. I don't know if they originated from the stars, but I know they have been here, among us....a very long time. We have enough evidence in lore to suggest so to my mind, anyhow. Extra-dimensional, With extraterrestrial or ultraterrestrial capabilities to? Well, it would seem so due to the advent of technology. We get em' in space too. Astronauts, pics, pilots...

CdT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

Perhaps it's more fair to say we clothe them, influenced by our own thoughts, ideas and such fueled by the possibility of what we may discover.

By all accounts some of it is so alien, as to be awe inspiring. Blinding revelations...

So using symbolism, taking familiar forms, may be the only way they feel comfortable communicating with us. Indirectly. I mean look at the nature of ourselves! Scary scary Halloween all year somewhere in the sphere where humanity dwells!

Perhaps the only involvement they wish of us is indirect. What to call it - how to quantify unknowns? I call it God, Divine, Spirit and all manner of new age and occult lingo, and don't worry about identifying it, compartmentalize it, make judgements and fixed notions upon it.

However, I'm still completely marrying the two phenomenon as related. I don't know if they originated from the stars, but I know they have been here, among us....a very long time. We have enough evidence in lore to suggest so to my mind, anyhow. Extra-dimensional, With extraterrestrial or ultraterrestrial capabilities to? Well, it would seem so due to the advent of technology. We get em' in space too. Astronauts, pics, pilots...

CdT

What is your experience with them? (as either fairy or alien). Do you see them? Do you interact/talk with them?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So you're saying there was a possible war between fairies & aliens?

^

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by taoistguy

My late Mom, in the early 1960's believed 1st that a Demon made itself look like my Dad, then by the early 1970's, she believed an Alien made itself look like my Dad to a Diva ( Type of Fairy ) made itself look like my Dad, to a Shadow Being back to Demon, back to Fairy, to Djinn, back to Alien and so on, so forth.
Oddly, some of the Elderly, Mentally Challenged, Psych Patients, and the young, as well as some immigrants have pointed and said they knew what I really was.
It got bad.
Turns out they think I'm a Fairy lol!
Yet 3 different Psychics at my ages 9, 24,& 45, asked which of my parents are Fairy.
The same was thought of my Paternal Grand-Mother.
I read that whichever kind, people have believed they are either good or evil.
Same descriptions of Fairies as Sub-Terrestrials and Aliens, Extra-Terrestrials are pretty much the same with some of either Sucuni or Incubi traits.
There is also the Theories they are Angels, Demons,Gods and Goddesses.
Personally? I believe people NEED SOMETHING to believe in and blame.
Science has pretty much ruled out creationism unless in the way there have been new creations of genetics to experiment with, or someone has been creating new genes throughout our human evolution.
I believe that no matter what we prove, there will always be people creating new Gods, Religions, Cults, etc.
Like right now, there have been strong evidence to prove Aliens and Yeti's, so we come back to fairies.
There is 1 OP here stating that the light the impregnated was a Fairy, that the need to enter humans to breed and create more of them and the same is said by inmen claiming it to be Djinn Possession which need to be unattached or exorcised out. Which sounds like The R.C's versions of Demon possession lol!
I DO have poity ears loooooollz...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have enjoyed this thread immensely and will certainly look into some of the recommended books.

I find the idea of faery fascinating because Blavatsky, if my memory serves me well, talked about the little devas and creatures that worked on the planet. These obviously from a spiritual viewpoint were created for this purpose and, although I have never personally seen any sight of such creatures always keep an open mind.
Part of the story of the creation of Findhorn in Scotland is linked to the work of these little creatures turning the sand dunes into workable land for growing food on and I seem to remember the Founders having some sort of communication or at least belief in their existence.

The thread also reminds me very strongly of Tolkein and his writings about man's relationship with other creatures such as elves. He, according to his son, apparently believed that what he wrote had truth in it and with the suppression of so much artifact and historical record and books by the Church and scholars, I wonder where the line will eventually be drawn when we find out the truth about the world's past. I particularly love Tolkein's creation story which always struck me as a far superior one to the idea of being created by the religious trinity. As someone posted earlier Religion and is fanatics have destroyed our link to our earlier times and their truths and has never been held accountable.

This leads me onto thinking of the modern writers of fantasy today/myths yesterday. One of the very good writers tells about the world after the faery wars. It always occurred to me that, without any need to bring in faery he accounted for their existence and turned them into maelevolent little beings but with terrific technology who destroyed themselves.

Its the technological side, that links into an 'alien' involvement in our world for me and is the area where magic suddenly became visible with mechanics and intuition became theoretical science and physical invention etc etc. What keeps niggling at the back of my mind is that we have things on this world, man with his capability today and is not dated to have existed on the earth in accordance to early footprints. These artifacts are inexplainable with our current version of history. Earlier on I was looking at another thread with a perfectly formed footprint of a human but dated in a layer of sediment that covered the earth before the dinosaurs! We also know the Indians talk of terrific wars, flying machines, the bible gives us giants and certainly people claim to have found huge bones etc. I did read that everything within the universe is recycled and nothing enters or leaves. How true that is, I don't know but does that apply to our planet also under the as above, so below concenpt

As a kid I read a lot of Enid Blyton who for some reason was banned I seem to remember from the public libraries. She wrote of the faeries as wonderful little beings, some tricksters but when a child reads her books the world of faery becomes a comfort zone little ones love to return to. If some people are in some manner able to stay with that world and commune with the faery folk, good for them.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There was an extremely interesting thread not too long ago that suggested they might be the one in the same.

Interesting theory to say the least.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The connections is simple, both are demonic fallen creatures, they are the same that is if fairies were ever real.
Now days aliens are far more believable form to take than fairy's or the demonic form of the past.
Fallen angels, Nephilim, demons(spirits of dead Nephilim), were real, still are, people just don't realize they are not men from another planet, or ghosts of people or relatives, they are deceivers and liars.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Kaboose

The connections is simple, both are demonic fallen creatures, they are the same that is if fairies were ever real.
Now days aliens are far more believable form to take than fairy's or the demonic form of the past.
Fallen angels, Nephilim, demons(spirits of dead Nephilim), were real, still are, people just don't realize they are not men from another planet, or ghosts of people or relatives, they are deceivers and liars.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

Fairies are demons???

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by Kaboose

Well Kaboose, now YOU have peaked my interest by making me wonder how you have made conclusions on this that you make such a close ended statement on it.
Do you perhaps have some personal experience you'd like to share?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The Fae had fairy mounds and if you were allowed entry time moved differently inside the mound. What seemed hours inside when you came out (if you were allowed to leave) Weeks or years had passed in the mortal world. Sounds like Alien technology to me. The mound were a portal to the Fairy world. They would also lure humans to their mounds for sex and enslave them. They used magick and glamour to appear as a beautiful woman or handsome man to get them to follow them into the mound. They would also steal human babies or the babies that were half human and half Fae. I have believed in the Fae since I was a child and over the last few years I have began to wonder if they were supernatural beings or if they were actually Aliens. If they were Aliens they were many different races of Aliens because of the variety of different appearances they had as well as abilities. Not all Fae were the tinkerbell type some were taller than human some tiny, Some human looking some monstrous, some winged some not. I am not convinced they were aliens but I am open to the possibility. The abilities they had varied also but most had magickal objects that gave them their power. Another point for it being alien tecnology.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join