It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairy Folk vs Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would like to put forward an idea that could lend some wieght to benevolent aliens.
Throughout our past, there have been numerous stories of fairies and elves, pixies, etc. They abducted children and babies. Not nice.
Now since about the 1940's aliens publicly come on the scene.
No more talk of fairies!!!
Have the aliens wiped out the fairies for us, thereby helping us?
Or is it that first they wipe out the main threat to them and kill all the fairies before they start on us?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

The fairies are away on an extended holiday and the goblins are making the most...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
According to abductees,
Aliens take children and adults.
Sometimes they don't come back alive or they don't come back at all.
They also have been said to impregnate women and then remove the fetus.
That's baby stealing.

So IF there were faries,
and IF there are aliens,
It goes to reason that they are the same thing. Just relabeled.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If you haven't , check out Jacques Vallee. His book Passport to Magonia. He's been hinting at a connection for years.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

Thanks. I will try.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

badgerprints
According to abductees,
That's baby stealing.

So IF there were faries,
and IF there are aliens,

Or maybe the aliens killed off the fairies who were doing the same thing so the fairies weren't hindering the aliens?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You are in good company with your Fae idea, taoistguy, here is another book that touches on the subject that is not as well known as others but is one of my personal faves...

Daimonic Reality

Patrick Harpur

I really like the way that Patrick treats the subject...

ETA: Also, taoistguy, have you read this? I know, a lot of folks ask that sort of question casually, but this is a biggie. If your mind is exploding with the idea of possible folkloric continuity being partially responsible for the "e.t.-experience" then you had better have someone stand by with shop-vac after you read Wentz.

The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries. By W. Y. Evans-Wentz. 1911

edit on 20-10-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You can get the PDF of Passport to Magonia here.

off to read.
edit on 20-10-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2013 by occrest because: correct link

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth, did a good OP on similar data taoistguy that you may find interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1 doesn't know the full dynamics of non human Terrestrials and Extraterrestrials encounters but you do present a different perspective.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Thanks. I think I heard this before but not knbown about the book.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

taoistguy

badgerprints
According to abductees,
That's baby stealing.

So IF there were faries,
and IF there are aliens,

Or maybe the aliens killed off the fairies who were doing the same thing so the fairies weren't hindering the aliens?

Ok, I see your point.

So were the faeries indigenous and the aliens invaders?
OR were they part of the same culture but one side waged war on the other?

I guess with several 'races' of aliens...even the possible actual existence of aliens...faeries aren't that far out of the realm of speculation.

A little faerie/alien civil war.
The blue and the grey.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Or is it that first they wipe out the main threat to them and kill all the fairies before they start on us?

Neither.
Mostly it's all brain construction.
Although the reality is there is legitimate sightings of aliens in present times.
Who knows in the end?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

badgerprints

taoistguy

badgerprints
According to abductees,
That's baby stealing.

So IF there were faries,
and IF there are aliens,

Ok, I see your point.

So were the faeries indigenous and the aliens invaders?
OR were they part of the same culture but one side waged war on the other?

I guess with several 'races' of aliens...even the possible actual existence of aliens...faeries aren't that far out of the realm of speculation.

A little faerie/alien civil war.
The blue and the grey.

Yes, I think the fairies were natives. There were no accounts of fairies taking people into spaceships or using advanced technology.

Fairies were probably abducted by aliens themselves the same as us?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
EDH-ETH-IDH
Interactions...

The interdimensional hypothesis (IDH or IH), is an idea advanced by Ufologists such as Jacques Vallée that says unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related events involve visitations from other "realities" or "dimensions" that coexist separately alongside our own. It is an alternative to the extraterrestrial hypothesis (ETH).[1][2][3][4] IDH also holds that UFOs are a modern manifestation of a phenomenon that has occurred throughout recorded human history, which in prior ages were ascribed to mythological or supernatural creatures.[2]

Although ETH has remained the predominant explanation for UFOs by UFOlogists,[5] some ufologists have abandoned it in favor of IDH. Paranormal researcher Brad Steiger wrote that "we are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon that is largely indigenous to planet Earth".[6] Other UFOlogists, such as John Ankerberg and John Weldon, advocate IDH because it fits the explanation of UFOs as a spiritistic phenomenon. Commenting on the disparity between the ETH and the accounts that people have made of UFO encounters, Ankerberg and Weldon wrote "the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors."[1][7] In the book UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse published in 1970, John Keel linked UFOs to supernatural concepts such as ghosts and demons.

The development of IDH as an alternative to ETH increased in the 1970s and 1980s with the publication of books by Vallée and J. Allen Hynek. In 1975, Vallée and Hynek advocated the hypothesis in The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects and further, in Vallée's 1979 book Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10/20/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Not that I don't beleive, but current laws of physics excludes interactions between dimensions.
Just like in our 3d dimension world there isn't 1d or 2d appearance.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

1 can understand. If only there was access to advanced Tesla electromagnetic technology...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

taoistguy
I would like to put forward an idea that could lend some wieght to benevolent aliens.
Throughout our past, there have been numerous stories of fairies and elves, pixies, etc. They abducted children and babies. Not nice.
Now since about the 1940's aliens publicly come on the scene.
No more talk of fairies!!!

They are two entirely different things. My sister does work with the faeries. They have never left, in fact there is a spot she, my mother, and many others goes where you can physically see the faeries.

The tales of old, often times are either myths, with elements of ourself or things outside of ourselves that become embodied for the sake of storytelling, OR they are energetic beings, which share a similar space with mankind, separated by a thin veil which some humans are able to temporarily cross/see into.

There ARE ETs that visit our planet. Some apparently even interact with humans, and probably have for generations (think many, MANY tens of thousands of years...or ATLEAST since Sumeria).

The faeries have always been here.....not much have changed...besides perhaps human interest in them. Even that hasn't changed much......there was NEVER a time where faeries were visible to everyone....it was always just a few humans who managed to witness and interact with them, and that becomes the legends of old.

So the answer is : they are two different things.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

10-4 Ophiuchus
More than anything I would like to experience other dimensions' worlds.

edit on 20-10-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

badgerprints
According to abductees,
That's baby stealing.

So IF there were faries,
and IF there are aliens,

Not really, no.

I suggest you read into faeries more. They are energetic beings, with various personalities. Some are tricksters, some are healers, some dislike humans, some like humans...most choose to stay invisible to mankind.

Read up on faeries, and then read up on the abductions in the US since the 1940s. They are entirely different phenomenon.

I could go into further detail if you'd like. I've had interactions with the greys, and my sister spends much of her time doing work with faeries. Therefore, I have a pretty good understanding of the distinction between the two.

Here is a brief list of differences:

1) The faeries have distinct personalities, while the aliens known to abduct (the greys) do not.
2) The faeries are bound to earth, much like man is. While they are energetic beings, they still survive based on the fields this planet produce. The greys do not, in fact, earth's atmosphere might not even be survivable to them.
3) While I believe the greys have the technology to manipulate matter. (i.e. you here stories of them lifting people through walls to enter the spacecraft), I think the greys are physical in nature, at least SOMEWHAT, while the faeries are not. They are completely energetic
4) I've never heard of faeries "abducting" anyone. I could be wrong, my sister is the faerie expert, not me, but if anything, the ones who would lead a child away (if they have ever even done that) are tricksters, while the greys are more like scientists/ they are trying to study and probe us.
5) the faeries for the most part avoid human interaction. the greys have been studying us.
6) experiences with the greys are almost always negative. There is fear, confusion, erased memory, replaced memory, pain, etc. Faerie experiences are usually felt as "magical" while the grey experience is not so magical, but rather terrifying.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Not that I don't beleive, but current laws of physics excludes interactions between dimensions.
Just like in our 3d dimension world there isn't 1d or 2d appearance.

I would disagree. I believe that all of the dimensions in existence exist not in isolation, but sort of overlap each other. In buddhism , we have a concept called dependent origination. It means nothing really exists in isolation....things are like a chain of events, and reality functions as such. From my viewpoint, all of the dimensions are unique, and isolated in EXPERIENCE perhaps, but NOT in mechanics. In other words, a being in one dimension is experiencing THAT dimension, and perhaps needs not experience ANY OTHER dimension to function...however, the dimensions themselves are interwoven, and therefore dependent on each other.

I would think it VERY possible for a being to slide in and out of various dimensions, although I do NOT believe that a being could do so, without their OWN being transforming each time.

For instance, if you draw an airpline on paper, and then bring it into the 3d world.....it HAS to change. There are now 3 dimensions, and the airplane most now resemble a model, not just a 2d drawing. That is a very elementary analogy, but it is along the lines of how I am thinking.

These are just my beliefs, of course none of us really know

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join