It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You know this rumor was going around since 2004 i think...

You see how far that got right??

Even if he did, which is doubtful like someone said he can just saying he was born in Hawaii or something.. Not like its hard..

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

Now, debate over a proposed 28th Amendment is focused on the popularity and political future of one man: macho Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former bodybuilder and action-movie star who has been California's governor for barely a year.

With a bit of encouragement from the Terminator himself, some of Schwarzenegger's supporters are pushing for a constitutional amendment that would allow the Austrian-born governor to run for the White House as soon as 2008. Schwarzenegger is blocked by Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution. It reads, "No person except a natural born citizen ... shall be eligible to the office of president." The 12th Amendment says the vice president cannot be foreign-born.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Well, would Ahhnold not be a citizen, as well as a 14+ year resident already? I mean, if the criteria is met, then what's the problem? If not, then obviously, I don't think he has much of a chance.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
And in other news; I am petitioning the Galactic Council of Elders for God status.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Obama did it, why can't he?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

He was not born here. that is the issue... But then again when did it stop a foreigner from becoming president..

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Both sides love when it supports their "cause" and attempt to ignore it when it doesn't. There is little real regard for the Constitution anymore in our elected Weasels, I mean, Congress persons.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Eight former US Presidents were not born Americans
Here they are:-

brokensecrets.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

the 14 year wording was to allow citizens of the Colonies to run, following the war the Natural Born part comes into play.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

See above. ALL Americans were British if they were born before 1779.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

Or will the lack of action taken against Obama be the rationalization for ignoring the Constitution?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Not necessarily, but they certainly were not born in the "new land."

Without that clause, they would have had to elect one of us "savages" as president the first few terms

edit on Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:03:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

LetsGoViking
reply to post by alldaylong

See above. ALL Americans were British if they were born before 1779.

Correct.

All Peoples of the 13 Colonies where British subjects until Independence was gained.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No. No and no.

We have these rules for a reason. God forbid, we open up our elections to the global community. Our president would have a global identifier, almost a New World Order hue to it.

Perhaps that's why Arnold Shwatzenneigar (sp?) is doing it. Maybe he wants to take away the unique "American" approach and turn our country into a global oppourtunists dream.

We'd no longer be a country. We'd be a commodity. A corporation where every few years, a board of directors elects a new head.

No.
nonononononononononononononononononono

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't really see this happening, but come on... Really? Don't we have enough terrible choices for cadidates among those who are currently eligible? No need to change the constitution in order to throw more clowns into the mix.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't know what I find more abhorent. Arnold the actor or Arnold the would be President.

It will never happen, but the thought of it alone could keep me awake tonight!!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
And in other news; I am petitioning the Galactic Council of Elders for God status.
[/quot
e]

I talked to the council, they want to know if you can act and if you can get a zeta reticulan birth certificate.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

beezzer
We'd no longer be a country. We'd be a commodity. A corporation where every few years, a board of directors elects a new head.

Isn't that the way it is now with the difference being "new front man" instead of "new head"?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

intrepid

beezzer

Isn't that the way it is now with the difference being "new front man" instead of "new head"?

Pretty damned close. (thumbs up emoticon >here

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
On a side note, could this be the globalists really testing the waters? If they were able to get this one done, you can bet the first and second will be next on the agenda.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

LetsGoViking
The US Constitution is pretty clear in this regard:

Article 2, Section 1:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Article 2 is not very clear if you wanted to pick into it though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join