It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It's very simple. Although, I think the first comma should have been a semicolon, and the semicolon should have been a period. Not an english scholar though.

To be president you have to:
1)
A) Be a natural born citizen

or

B) Be a citizen when the constitution was ratified

and

2)
A) be 35 years old,

B) and if you are not natural born, but were a citizen at the time of ratification, also have lived there 14 years minimum.

edit on Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:36:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This makes no sense

the Constitution of the United States, state that to be eligible to hold the office of president one must be a naturally born citizen of the United States (born in America, not just granted a Passport because you are a movie star and married to a Kennedy) or both parents are natural born citizens of the United States. To quote the constitution

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States

So essentially Big Arnie is trying to change this clause in the constitution so that he can take office and make the oath of president which lets remember contains the lines.

will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States

How can anyone make a oath to "preserve" the Constitution of the United States by becoming president by doing the exact opposite and bending it to your will to become president in the first place. It is a paradox, it makes no sense, essentially he is saying he would be preserving Constitution by doing the opposite and changing it to suit his needs.

So surly then there can be no legal avenue for him to pursue in which it would become legal for him to become POTUS short of having Congress pass a amendment to the constitution that changes the criteria for becoming POTUS
edit on 19-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Orin Hatch is his biggest fan. Even before Arnold demonstrated himself to be a horrendous governor, Orin proclaimed he'd champion a change in the law to make president Arnold a possibility.

Think about that, a long time Senator, decided that an Actor, not a real politician with experience, was worthy of altering the constitution before the guy had done a days work in office. A actor, a guy who pretends to be..., and Orin publicly said this.

Now, after demonstrating himself to be an horrendous governing person, with no real clue how the monster that is government works, he wants to alter the document that was designed to keep him out of office in the first place? The document was DESIGNED to keep him and people like him out of office - isn't that a clue? Or is it just an obstacle on his life long path of "worship me, look at me, worship me, look at me, worship me, look at me..."

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My thoughts exactly. I'm actually pretty incensed that an individual would deliberately attempt to tear yet another hole in our Constitution for his own personal gain. Haven't we all had enough of that? The papers on the natural born citizenship within the Constitution would not allow for any court misinterpretation of that specific rule. I'm pretty sure that my brain would explode just like in that movie, Scanners, if this occurred.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You have it exactly!

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT PEOPLE ARE LURED TO A CERTAIN SPOT WANTING TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS, FREEDOMS & UNBRIDLED OPPORTUNITIES .......

THIS ATMOSPHERE THEY DESIRED AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF GAVE THEM EVERYTHING THAT THEY COULD EVER HOPE FOR IN FAME AND RICHES.....THEN THEY GET GREEDY AND THEIR EGO KICKS IN... THEY CAN MAKE EVERYTHING PERFECT IF THEY WERE JUST IN CONTROL...THEY WOULD CHANGE THE RULES FOR THEMSELVES NEVER REALIZING ALL THE UNFORESEEN RESULTS.

AND THEN THEY WANT TO CHANGE EVERY THING TO ENHANCE THEMSLEVES BY BUSTING UP THE IDEAL SPOTS AND IT'S RULES..... THE ELITE WANTS TO MAKE THE U.S. A PLAYGROUND FOR THEMSELVES AND HAVE SHOWN THAT RUINING THE BEAUTIFUL SPOT BY STARVING OUT THE PEASANTS, REDUCE THEIR EXISISTANCE NO PROBLEM.

OR HAS SOMEONE WHISPERED IN HIS EAR THAT THE MYSTERY ELITES (UNDERGROUND U.S.S GOVERNMENT)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

starfoxxx
Quite comical tenth good thread, I needed a laugh. All I have to say is,

I'll pass....

The governator can't even keep it in his pants with a house maid while he had a beautiful rich wife and family.
A man that can't control his second head is a man that does not need to control the country.. Born here or not..

Did you happen to know that JFK is one of the most popular past presidents? Also Clinton is in the top ten. Obviously, affairs have no bearing on their ability to be POTUS otherwise I would've expected Bush Jr. and Obama to have a harem following them.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hmm, President Conan, well he did say he was going to be back, As I understand it he was quite popular as california governor so how much worse could he be.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He isn't trying to change the law. He is trying to change how it is interpretated. It's not clear cut and there is room to wiggle.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Rather than challenge the Constitution, Arnie should have spent millions to hide his true identity like the current Imposter-in-Chief.

A Constitutional amendment isn't going to happen for you Arnie, sorry!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Jackass and jersey shore are popular TV shows. We are surrounded by idiots. JFK talked a great talk, but never had a chance to turn those words into actions unfortunately. Clinton is like the jersey shore of presidents.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It's very clear cut. The only way you could interpret it any different, is if you start making up your own definitions for words.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Do not make a guy from austria your leader!

I repeat:

Do not make a guy from austria your leader!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It seems as though they want a foreigner to take office eventually and need the law changed to allow it.

Any better way then a domestic celebrity to sway the masses against their collective wishes?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

jheated5

badgerprints
I don't think it would be that hard.
Arnold can buy a Hawaiian birth certificate off the internet.

At least he's trying to change a law instead of breaking one...

Sense the sarcasm.
I've got no problem with changing laws as long as it's done properly.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Changing a law is simple. Amending the constitution...... Yeah, best of luck with that one.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I hope he is defeated. This would set a terrible precedent if he won.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

good for him....

but he does not have to get the Law changed...

he can just circumvent the Law as barack hussein Øbama continues to do

he can seal his life history, including birth records & his migration to different locations in the world... seal off his College transcripts and his health records from public scrutiny....

Arnold should just avoid being vetted.... just like Øbama has done & continues to do

Arnold can refer to his service as Governor of California as the only personal dossier-portfolio necessary for him to be electable to the Office of President

there is the necessary 14 year residency requirement...all the other points are specifically biased in nature,
Arnold is a citizen of the world just as Øbama considers himself to be....

a naturalized citizen should not be demoted to a 2nd class citizen status, versus a 'natural born' person
edit on 19-10-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Since the Constitution never defined what a natural born citizen is that is what he will attack. The courts have decided it means you were either born in the US or its territories and/or have at least one parent who is a US citizen. This has been what the courts have come up with over the years. Early on until the 14th you also had to be white. The problem for Arnold is neither of his parents were citizens at the time of his birth nor was he born on US terrirory. I just do not see an loophole for him to get through.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Article 5 does not allow for a " constitutional convention".

It allows for a " convention for proposing amendments".
And does not open up anything for " mayhem".

P. s. A convention is already in the works.
This is how we go about reigning in Washington.
And the best part of a convention (a meeting of 2/3 of the states) is that Washington has no say whatsoever.

Federalism is a great thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join