It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoveOn.org Petition Calls For Arrest Of Republican Leaders For Sedition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

If there was ever any doubt how slanted moveon.org was those doubts can now be put to rest. The organization is a liberal lefty joke.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Not unless they arrest all of them from both parties.
Then let the courts and people sort out who has worked against the Republic.
Very few would still have jobs left after that I reckon.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Battleline

Your dealing with people that can't debate facts and have no respect for the constitution so they use hate , division and more lie's as a way to defend there attempt to destroy the country.

I actually was certain you were describing the right-wing until your second paragraph...

What does that tell us?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

jjkenobi

If there was ever any doubt how slanted moveon.org was those doubts can now be put to rest. The organization is a liberal lefty joke.

Who the hell ever thought MoveOn.org was right leaning???

This is like saying...If ever there was any doubt that Freedomworks leans right...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Battleline

Your dealing with people that can't debate facts and have no respect for the constitution so they use hate , division and more lie's as a way to defend there attempt to destroy the country.

My question is , why does this surprise anyone, something like this appears most every day from the left and there leader Obama, just look at the shills and trolls that have inundated ATS in the past 6 months.

Just my opinion.

I agree, the amount of anti-Obama hate shills here is amazing. It's the same ones though that kept telling us how Romney was slaughtering Obama before the election. I guess they were listening to Fox News. Karl rove thought they had the ohio election fixed but not that time.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

as my understanding is that sedition is in line with treason.

Sedition is not the same thing as treason.

You can think of sedition as trying to incite treason...but not actually committing treason yourself.

And I agree, the Tea Party is guilty, and has been guilty for a long time, of Sedition.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The real insurrection happens every time they raise the debt ceiling and borrow more money.

This latest petition sounds like they want people to get used to the policies of the old USSR-Communist Bloc, Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela etc etc.

And there seems to be absolutely no proof that the U.S. would default in the near future.

The revenues are enough to pay all the bills and pay the due securities.

And, there's no official figures on how much the 'shut-down' cost (if anything).

Those who are spiking the ball are actually adding more to the economic insurrection.

The Left Wing agenda is moving forward as planned.

This latest *petition* indicates just who the real guilty ones are.

The standard operating procedure is to always blame somebody else for your own guilt.

Hmmm

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

damwel
I remember back in the watergate days when the republicans got caught with their pants down and their hands in the cookie jar the remark you would hear was, "they all do it". I expected so much when I viewed this thread and of course I wasn't disappointed. Obama has not obstructed the functioning of this government for the last 5 years, the republicans have however. Hang all of them before the country forgets which party brought us to economic collapse with their phony war in the first place.
edit on Fri October 18th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

Um... The Democrats are in charge, why would any Democrat obstruct their own members? Saying Obama hasn't obstructed the government is like saying an alcoholic will go drinking after he gets off of work. But that doesn't mean that the Democrats are blameless in all of this, many of the things they've done are reprehensible as well. I'm sure we'd be in a much worse shape if it wasn't for the Republicans obstructing the Democrats.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support the Republicans either, they are just playing the role of the adversary for now so that the public that is against the majority party's policies has someone to rally behind. Unfortunately the adversary isn't supposed to stop these policies only delay them to make it look like there is resistance to our eventual total enslavement.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That your a liberal that has no debate.

Your retort says nothing Indigo. you prove my point.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just going to throw this out there.

Sedition is the written or spoken word designed to incite riots or the overthrow of a government.

MoveOn.org needs to buy a clue or phone a friend here because, well...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Ahabstar
Just going to throw this out there.

Sedition is the written or spoken word designed to incite riots or the overthrow of a government.

MoveOn.org needs to buy a clue or phone a friend here because, well...

Sedition is also defined as speech or organization . . .

In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by Indigo5

That your a liberal that has no debate.

Your retort says nothing Indigo. you prove my point.

Love the irony that you just affirmed my post with your reply

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Each party was extorting the other, so they are all traitors and they should all be arrested, tried for treason by a jury of regular people and if found guilty, hung from lamp posts as a warning to other other political posers.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Ruling party creates authoritarian legislation that doesn't apply to the government (obey orders) . . . check.

Ruling party refuses to negotiate with other party/ies . . . check.

Ruling party creates "us vs. them" mentality by demonizing other party and labeling them "terrorists" (dehumanizing enemy) . . . check.

Ruling party organizations call for arrest of dissenters (suppressing individuality and dissent) . . . check.

Hmm . . . . Sure seems like a democratic republic to me . . . land of the free, home of the brave.

To implement tyranny, the aspiring tyrant should do as follows:
1. ‘Us’ and ‘them’: use prejudice to foster the (fictional) notion of the existence of superior and dominant in-groups and inferior and powerless out-groups.
2. Obey orders: insist that all people under your wing are to obey your orders.
3. Dehumanize the enemy: emphasize on making inimical factions look less than human.
4. ‘Stand up’ or ’stand by’: suppress dissenting or opposing opinions to your own.
5. Suppress Individuality: foster the development of group identities while suppressing the individual.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Organization is somewhat implied. Because if one person could do it alone, they would be a little more badassed than Rambo.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's only sedition when "they" do it. Love the hypocrisy of our phony two party system.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

― Hillary Rodham Clinton

Boo-yaa.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I guess the fact I did not agree with you has brought about your ridicule instead of any form of debate as to the content of the OP, so I will make the effort.

The OP was about silencing political dissidents by the Huff Post that claim there are certain politicians that are seditious which in my opinion was not a "clean" post of why they are seditious but just another way for the left spokes people to spew there vitriol full of hate. Shutting down the government is not sedition no matter how much you might disagree with it.

I really doubt the Huff Post can make a legit argument as to why these particular politicians are being seditious therefor its the old liberal adage "if you don't agree with me I will destroy you or at the very least ridicule you with hate.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

beezzer
“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

― Hillary Rodham Clinton

Boo-yaa.

Absolutely agree!

It's the folks that say...do what we want or we will ruin the economy that I see as unpatriotic...Prioritizing an ideological agenda above the democratic process and the welfare of the people.

Disagree? YES PLEASE...we need many voices. Take the US Economy and through it American Families hostage and demand the repeal of a law that they failed to repeal through Democratic means 43 times?

Nothing patriotic about it.

I welcome disagreement on Obamacare...more voices the better...I do not welcome economic terroristic demands with the USA's economy as hostage.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by Indigo5

I guess the fact I did not agree with you has brought about your ridicule instead of any form of debate as to the content of the OP, so I will make the effort.

The OP was about silencing political dissidents by the Huff Post that claim there are certain politicians that are seditious which in my opinion was not a "clean" post of why they are seditious but just another way for the left spokes people to spew there vitriol full of hate. Shutting down the government is not sedition no matter how much you might disagree with it.

I really doubt the Huff Post can make a legit argument as to why these particular politicians are being seditious therefor its the old liberal adage "if you don't agree with me I will destroy you or at the very least ridicule you with hate.

Oh, I agree that the MoveOn.org Petition is silly, just as silly as the COUNTLESS calls for "trials for treason" of Pres. Obama the Right Wing has belched forth at a consistent pace for the past 5 years...and the calls for trials of Pres. GW Bush.

But just as there was measures of substance, although insufficient, in the calls to bring the Bush Admin to trial...there are measures of substance beneath the BS here that warrant examination.

And this kind of nonsense is not exclusive to one party...So I find it dishonest and ironic that MoveOn.org's petition sparked such partisan outrage from you, where you raged with vitriol at a tactic that the Right has been employing non-stop in recent years.

Alas...I suspect MoveOn.org filed the petition with a tongue squarely planted in cheek, so that they might enjoy the hypocrisy and irony of such a response from the right wing.

Is this where I shall provide a laundry list of ATS Threads and Right Wing Orgs...petitions calling for President Obama's arrest??
edit on 18-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join