It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were attacked by killer wasps what would you do???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Die?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Scream a lot and cry..........

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I would be killed by killer wasps, obviously.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
run really fast

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

spartacus699

That's some range for a flame thrower.

The wasps must have defaulted on their loans!!
edit on 18-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: re-phrase

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Spot on Beavers I couldn't have agreed with you more especially as I am allergic to bee stings.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I scream, cry and run away when I see one wasp near me.

If a whole swarm came at me, my heart would give out before they even had a chance to touch me.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Nothing like being chased by a cubic yard of angry hornets. Put as much distance between you and the wasps as quick as you can. If you approach or disturb their nest you will be attacked. The farther from the nest you get the less their defensive response will be.

We have yellow jackets here and used to mess with them as kids (i know). But a dare is a dare. Sure we got stung but knew to run away. About 100 yards and we could stop. Only the most stubborn wasp would go that far to defend their nest. The ones that crawl up your shirt sleeve or down your collar were the exception. They would sometimes wait to bite you after you got home. A yellow jacket bite in the armpit by those meat shearing mandibles is the most.

The worst case scenario I ever heard of when I was growing up was a boy and his dog were killed. They got too close to a nest and ran when they were attacked. The dog went around one side of a bush and the kid the other. The leash was strapped to the boys wrist by his mother so the dog could not get away from him. As they panicked they continued to run around the bush until they were hopelessly tangled. The wasps never relented.

So get some distance, now. Don't swat, don't think, don't hesitate. Pick a direction and move it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Attempt to reason with them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Sorry it must be my mood this morning...but the responses have crying in tears of laughter!

HooHoooo....lol!!!!

Scream
Run really fast
Die
Reason with them

STOP DROP AND ROLL!!

edit on 18-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: forgot one

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

STOP DROP AND ROLL!!
Thats for fire ants.

With wasps, when in doubt run in circles scream and shout.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

intrptr

STOP DROP AND ROLL!!
Thats for fire ants.

With wasps, when in doubt run in circles scream and shout.

Haaaaaa......stop I'm hurting. My gut hurts from the pain of laughing .

Let's not get off topic. What is the right answer what would..or could one do.
If you know they are there. Then don't be there. But what if you're just walking along in bicycle shorts?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Is this a trick question? The (ahem) serious answer is to run. The further you get from the spot where attack is occurring the better off you will be. They are defensive in nature and will stop chasing you eventually.

The alternative is to get a Chinese flame thrower. I could solve all kinds of problems with one of those.

Hey neighbor, your tree is hanging over my fence... woosh!

Your car is parked in front of my house... Foom!

Your dog is crapping on my lawn... yelp!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Flame thrower is best response beside Tac nuke.

Fill a balloon or condom with RAID and throw it at them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

intrptr

Is this a trick question? The (ahem) serious answer is to run. The further you get from the spot where attack is occurring the better off you will be. They are defensive in nature and will stop chasing you eventually.

The alternative is to get a Chinese flame thrower. I could solve all kinds of problems with one of those.

Hey neighbor, your tree is hanging over my fence... woosh!

Your car is parked in front of my house... Foom!

Your dog is crapping on my lawn... yelp!

I thought the bees follow. And you'd get stun to much within feet. So you'd go down anyways.....

OK you all are making me laugh...you all are good humored. Thank you this is a fun thread....

edit on 18-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

thought the bees follow. And you'd get stun to much within feet. So you'd go down anyways.....

Not unless getting stuck with a pin makes you fall down. Its the toxin that affects your nervous system and that takes time to develop. Until then it may be painful but unless you panic you can surely run.

Bees attack en masse because you are near their nest or they are disturbed by something (near their nest).That provokes a mass response. When a bee stings it releases pheromones that signal other bees to come and sting too. This is a defensive response, near the nest.

If you run from there you will provoke less and less response the further you get. So get.

I'm also not saying you will make it. Just the best option what to do.

edit on 18-10-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Something along these lines:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would likely die from a heart attack before I would die from the actual attack from the wasps....

Yikes...I cannot stand those things.

I'm of the belief that they are truly spawns of satan.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I like the reason with answer - good one. I would probably remain calm. Ive been stung severely (by bees), so must have that as my spirit insect

I think it's good to remain calm though - don't we release a hormone when afraid that just makes it worse?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join