It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were attacked by killer wasps what would you do???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Find water....fast.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Dive into a river. Hide under a Fat Man. set myself on fire.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Not much one can do, depending on where one is.

Now, THIS would suck, a 22ft Wasp nest:

And here's an 8ft nest in Florida (with video).

We just had a mother and her two kids attacked by yellow jackets who had nested near their porch. Imagine had they stumbled on one of these beasts..

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'd light up a cigarette. Most wasps and bees don't like smoke.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

rickymouse
I'd light up a cigarette. Most wasps and bees don't like smoke.

Lol, the essence of cool.

A swarm descends on you and you pause to light a cig.

Now that's a video I'd like to see.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I also know from experience, if you fear wasps they will attack you. Same with bees.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lol run and hope there is a swimming pool or a lake near by to jump in.

Firepiston

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
about 10 years ago i lived in a house that had some right by the entrance to the home underneath the stairs
i come home one day and one bit me on the stomach

so i got all pissed off went to the garage and grabbed a rag and a piece of pipe wrapped the rag tightly around the pipe and soaked it in gas

i then went out to the hive or nest and started burning there wings off as they came out of there home
it took about an hour once i killed about a hundred the hive went into full kill mode i just kept it up burning them as they tried to swarm out

meanwhile the kids that live upstairs came out and started helping me kill them all i just kept up burning there wings off and the kids helped by squashing them as they crawled around on the cement

sometimes there would be to many and we would all run off 20 -30 feet but by then we had made an impact and would just go back and continue

anyways after about an hour or so

the score was one bite compared to their elimination

the next day there was just a few strays hanging around and by the next there was none at all

don't bite me i will hunt you down and kill your whole colony

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

What I really want to know is how to survive a Sharknado or even worse..... a Ghost Shark.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ghost sharks auto die from all the salt in the sea

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
remain calm and admire the wasps.

wasps have no reason to attack a human.
if you want to waves youre arms around like a moron, ok, but wasps will see that as a threat and attack you.

stop acting like a little girl and calmly walk away, the wasp really doesnt have any interest in you.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Rikku

if you want to waves youre arms around like a moron, ok, but wasps will see that as a threat and attack you.

stop acting like a little girl and calmly walk away, the wasp really doesnt have any interest in you.

I don't know about that. A wasp/hornet stung/bit me three times in rapid succession once and made me fall from a tree. They seemed pretty interested in me till I fell.

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Rikku

A reason?

If you've ever accidentally disturbed a nest, you'd realize that what you just posted is a pile of BS.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If they are anything like bees, I'd hold my breath and run. ....only to pass out because I held my breath..

Then die, from the killer wasp swarm.

This is a no-win situation sir....you are a dick

My last words would be ones of cursing your name...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
eat them with bacon like a real man would....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've ran from swarms of them and once, believe it or not, we came across a nest on the ground because a bunch of limbs were cut off trees on a construction site. I was following a guy to the back of the lot. He walked over the nest, they swarmed and I calmly skirted around the edge of their swarm and continued on without a single sting. If you elect to run you can get away from wasps. They'll stop quickly. Its as if they set a small cloud around the nest and defend it like a perimeter.
I hear bees will give chase though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'd run, and if there was any house or car or anything I'd try and get inside. If I couldn't I'd pull my hand inside my shirt and if I had a seecond shirt on I'd pull it over my head so that far less skill is exposed. I'm sure there stings would go threw but it might help a bit. Then if the hive was in some place where I didn't want it, I'd put on protective gear and come back later with a long burning torch I'd position the torch under the hive and then run away. Hopefully by the time I came back it would all be burnt up. But if it was a bee hive then I'd come back with full bee covers, use smoke to calm them, and then collect some of the honey comb, and then leave them be. Then just come back from time to time and get more honey comb.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'd pee. I always pee during killer wasp attacks. ... Really.

edit on 19102013 by Snarl because: Added Pictures

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
AFTER an attack, use meat tenderizer to treat the stings. The venom is a protein and meat tenderizer break down proteins.

Just dump the tenderizer in a bowl of water until you can make a light paste.

Worked for me.

As for DURING an attack? Soiling myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

Mmmmm Bacon!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join