It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetism, UFOs, and the Weaponization of Alien Technology

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This just needs to be read again. I think you've shed light not only our NIDS connected Birds and their experiments at Skinwalker, etc, but probably some of the most cutting-edge ultra-secret science being conducted anywhere by crafty minds. If not, then we'll be waiting a long time for any true advancement outside of our cosmically limited knowledge.

jadedANDcynical
Ran across this some time back and had forgotten about it until this thread popped back up in my subscribed list:

The main argument presented in this paper is that continuing study of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (“UAP”) -- including “apparitions” of a religious or spiritual nature -- may offer an existence theorem for new models of physical reality. The current SETI paradigm and its “assumption of mediocrity” place restrictions on forms of non-human intelligence that may be researched in our environment. A similar bias exists in the ufologists’ often-stated hypothesis that UAP -- if real -- must represent space visitors.

Observing that both models are biased byanthropomorphism, the authors attempt to clarify the issues surrounding “high strangeness” observations by distinguishing 6 layers of information that can be derived from anomalous events, namely: (1) physical manifestations, (2) anti-physical effects, (3) psychological factors, (4) physiological factors, (5) psychic effects, and (6) cultural effects.

Incommensurability, Orthodoxy, and the Physics of High Strangeness: A 6-layer Model for Anomalous Phenomena

This paper goes in to some detail about the study of "high strangeness" and it's implications for our world view. It does a really good job of breaking down each of the 6 layers mentioned and goes on to explain how each of those layers represent a set of values that are affected by the incidences or occurrences. It also states fairly concisely one of the main problems we face to dealing with these happenings in this statement:

This situation (the scientific study of "High Strangeness" being at an impasse) has as much to do with the incomplete state of our models of physical reality as it does with the complexity of the data.
(italicized portion added by me for clarification)

"The incomplete models of physical reality" we have are some of the most limiting factors when faced with nontraditional understanding of events which defy what we have come to call reality. We need to push beyond what most think of as facts and understand that our limited knowledge is still infinitesimally small when compared to the actual evidence before our eyes when we gaze at the cosmos.

I know that everyone here recognizes and understands this as fact, but mainstream thought is so bogged down with blinders that the mental inertia is extremely difficult to counter.

This includes academia.

Now, as has been shown in this thread, there is a lot being studied and developed which would come under the full meaning of the term "high strangeness" and I think this paper fits well within the current discussion.

As it attempts to reconcile theory with observed properties of elementary particles and with discoveries at the frontiers of cosmology, modern physics suggests that mankind has not yet discovered all of the Universe’s facets. We must propose new theories and experiments in order to explore these undiscovered facets. This is why continuing study of reported anomalous events is important: It may provide us with an existence theorem for new models of physical reality.

The study of these events themselves can show us in which direction to take our R&D and may lead to further developments just from trying to figure out exactly how these things happen.

There is quite a bit about how divergent views of similar material (SETI vs UFOlogy, in particular) leads to a stagnation in the advancement of researching these pehnomena and it concludes the following:

In other words, we need to develop a multidisciplinary methodology that encompasses all 6 of the layers we have identified and can be applied to SETI as well as to UFO phenomena and close encounters with the entities associated with them.

Such a methodology would open the way to the rational testing of hypotheses in an important domain that has been sorely neglected by mainstream science for too long.

Advancing our studies of these events and what we learn from them by advancing how the events are studied. Evolution and adaptation with the field of research.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm just checking in, so I apologize if this has been discussed already. The "UFO HETERODOXY" blog has been running a series of articles by and about Gaines M. Crook, many of which pertain to Electromagnetism and UFOs:
Gaines M Crook on UFOs and Electromagnetism

edit on 6-2-2014 by CardDown because: spelelling

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Good stuff and worthy of consideration, but rather dated:

...Electromagnetic emission from an oscillating plasma could very well overwhelm a receiver. I would like to point out that a stable stand-alone plasma at atmospheric pressure has so far been impossible for mankind to generate. Ball lightning is thought to be such a plasma but it has never been adequately explained or duplicated by man.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The GUT
reply to post by CardDown

Good stuff and worthy of consideration, but rather dated:

...Electromagnetic emission from an oscillating plasma could very well overwhelm a receiver. I would like to point out that a stable stand-alone plasma at atmospheric pressure has so far been impossible for mankind to generate. Ball lightning is thought to be such a plasma but it has never been adequately explained or duplicated by man.

Hey GUT, the first measurements of ball lightning have been measured recently by pure luck.
Ball Lightning Directly Measured for First Time
wondergressive.com...

In July of 2012 Ping Yuan and his team from Northwest Normal University in Lanzhou, China had set up slitless spectrographs (a tool used to capture light from a very narrowly defined region) on the Qinghai Plateau of northwest China. It was supposed to be a run of the mill investigation on lightning that frequents the region.

The team got lucky one night when their recording devices captured a spontaneous occurrence of ball lightning 900 meters away. It was a clear case of being at the right place at the right time, with the right type of spectrograph, filming in the specifically required frequency of the light spectrum to view the event. The team got very, very lucky.

The ball lightning lasted for approximately 1 second. During that second the researchers were able to learn that although the ball was much smaller, its ‘glow’ emitted light 5 meters across. It also moved horizontally across the ground for 10 meters followed by a 3 meter ascension. Furthermore, it changed from a white to reddish color. Yuan stated that the ball lightning was generated by a cloud-to-ground lightning strike.

Here is a link to where you can access the journal. If you (GUT specifically) cannot access the journal and would like to view it I am sure I could be persuaded to find a way to get it to you as I have access to most journals through my U library

Observation of the Optical and Spectral Characteristics of Ball Lightning
prl.aps.org...

So from what I am gathering from the observed data is that ball lightning is really looking like a dead end in regards to the magnetic phenomena people seem to be experiencing with UFO's. There is another member who actually studies the nervous system on these boards who could probably provide a much more detailed explanation as to why (biologically) this is the case. From what I gather the field it generates is simply not large enough to affect such responses from the brain without likely immolating or electrocuting the subject.

It could still definitely explain lights in the sky on some of the rare occasions and further reduce the "unexplained" cases though which is still a very important step.

-FBB

PS
I have a request that if we ever meet in public that you not identify yourself as theGUT so I can continue imagining you as a wise Asian man from the country.

I thoroughly enjoy the thought of you as the West-Texas-Confucius.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Welp. I found out a way to induce a trance state using a candle. It was kind of creepy, but I may have a way to examine this liminal stuff at hand. I happen to be taking a class on medieval magic, and that's right up Vallee's alley. I certainly have at least two sourcebooks laying at hand.

If I come back babbling about the Benevolent Space Brothers, I'd suggest not trying this approach.
edit on 12014f2812America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Member Sammaishman posted the following vid in the, Black Triangles, RKs and the secret space program thread. It's adds another layer to the work done by "God Helmet" co-creator Dr. Michael Persinger and attempts to unlock the incredible abilities of savants.

edit on 9-8-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That was incredible, Gut! Makes me wonder how long government types have been studying along these lines....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Only read the OP and am currently imagining the wealth of information to be found throughout this thread!!

S&F for you I look forward to digesting the info at my leisure!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

That was incredible, Gut! Makes me wonder how long government types have been studying along these lines....

Yeah, Ms. Nugget, that thought does cross one's mind, eh? Hope things are groovy in your world, and as always: Much respect, m'aam.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
Thank you! Good to see you 'round these parts, E-Grove, I hope you'll have some comment later.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The last time i was abducted by aliens i decided to get even with them by stealing all of their galley appliances. I haven't seen them since. Got a nice Nu-wave oven thing too. actually i took everything that wasn't bolted down and a case of alien booze. I was pretty sure they would not be filing a report.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
The last time i was abducted by aliens i decided to get even with them by stealing all of their galley appliances. I haven't seen them since. Got a nice Nu-wave oven thing too. actually i took everything that wasn't bolted down and a case of alien booze. I was pretty sure they would not be filing a report.

I don't often Laugh out loud. But this…this was priceless
tetra
edit on 13-8-2014 by tetra50 because: just in case we're taking ourselves too seriously, there's always…..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

"The incomplete models of physical reality" we have are some of the most limiting factors when faced with nontraditional understanding of events which defy what we have come to call reality. We need to push beyond what most think of as facts and understand that our limited knowledge is still infinitesimally small when compared to the actual evidence before our eyes when we gaze at the cosmos.

I know that everyone here recognizes and understands this as fact, but mainstream thought is so bogged down with blinders that the mental inertia is extremely difficult to counter.

This includes academia.

Maybe we are the messengers of deception with our own fantastical, but ignorant lack of mind to perceive and understand, it’s not so much the religious aspect but the word in existence in our understanding of our being…………………………..

Listen to audio if you choose?

www.beshara.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

The grand Genius of Electricity, Nikola Tesla, apparently claimed to have achieved extraterrestrial communication through EM devices:

In the early 20th century at a conference Nicola said that develops instant way of transferring data between the planets of the solar system for space exploration. He stated that the signal can go above the speed of light, allowing instant energy and information exchange on any cosmic distances.
Thank you for your comment.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Electromagnetic (EM) effects have long been associated with both UFOs and various "paranormal" phenomena for that matter..

Howdy mate, it's not about UFOs but thought you'd be interested in this article about EM fields and NDEs - crazy stuff!

There are thousands of recorded examples of NDE’s that offer testimony to the possibility of life after death, but what about life after near-death?

In addition to these notable after effects, the research of P.M.H. Atwater revealed another, more bizarre pattern, indicating that many people undergo rather remarkable changes to their body’s electromagnetic field. Called ‘electro-sensitivity’ this can bring on puzzling, frightening, and even dangerous situations for some of the most sensitive of NDE survivors.

“Since beginning my research of near-death states in 1978, I have consistently noticed that a large majority of experiencers (both as part of my study and in general conversation with them) reported becoming more sensitive to electrical and magnetic fields – disturbances, equipment, devices, wrist watches – after their episode.” – P.M.H. Atwater

This strange and lasting physiological change is seen by the majority of those who experience NDE’s. Most commonly, those who experience electro-sensitivity after a NDE report ‘interference’ with potentially anything electronic in the external environment. Some examples are:

Lights flickering on and off when entering room, and especially so when there is a high intensity situation occurring

Computers and other electronics malfunctioning when near

Light bulbs exploding

Disruptions in recording equipment leading to unusual or distorted photos and videos

Wrist watch batteries die quickly, or watches stop for no reason at all

Feeling ‘drained’ when near anything electronic

Receiving television or radio channels that shouldn’t be picked up in that location

Feeling more ‘connected’ to electronics and being able to use them better than before the NDE

Extreme sensitivity to earth changes such as thunder storms, earthquakes, lightening, and tornados

The Bizzare Electromagnetic After Effects of Near-Death Experiences

Also, haven't had the internet time to look through all the recent thread pages but did you see the freaky goings on at Canneto di Caronia have kicked back in again?

Spontaneous Combustion Events Begin Again in the Sicilian Village, Canneto di Caronia

That place is completely bonkers and really may hold some clues as to WTF is going on when it comes to EM fields, the human brain and truly bizarre phenomena.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Wow! Fascinating and thank you, my friend! And, yeah, I noted that about Italy. Off-the-charts interesting.

It ties in with so much I've been personally researching so, again, thanks! I'll be digging into it.

Btw, did you catch any of the stuff recently about consciousness and microtubules?!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Btw, did you catch any of the stuff recently about consciousness and microtubules?!

Haven't looked into that yet my friend but certainly intend to (over the festive period with my turkey sandwiches)

Thought you might appreciate this pic - for me it does a good job of summing everything up (especially the UFO subject)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Absolutely love that picture!!! Especially the question mark 'key'...

...though I think the comic would be better titled, "Curiosity".

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mr. Gut,

You sir are a genius.

There's nothing more enjoyable than getting lost in one of your threads on a cold rainy night.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Haven't read yet, but thought of this thread when I saw the title...should be good stuff:
Strange Electromagnetic Dimensions: The Science of the Unexplainable

mysteriousuniverse.org...
edit on 25-11-2014 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join