It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I imagine we will all learn the truth someday...even if it's just before we pass into the void and become nothing.

i've requested, and am hoping for, a brief cosmic tour of earthlike worlds, and then if possible, would like to return here for another round to do whatever i can to help out. If there is reincarnation, someday i would like to captain the first human interstellar voyage to another habitable world, well aware that such a thing can never happen while there are starving people or war here on earth or a-hole PTB running any black bag black-op psy-ops.

It's an unknown unknown of course, what's behind the veil, but from everything that i've learned and have discerned something tells me that we are not on a journey into oblivion. We're not junk to be thrown away and discarded in some cosmic trashcan (void), and we're certainly not just a "thing", but are intrinsic to the very process of Life and thus of life meeting life in eternity, which is how we already find it now.

We should never assume.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived, what God holds in store for those who love him (and who he loves)."

Edit to add: What comes after infinity, and where do we already find ourselves, whether we believe in the Big Bang or not?

There is nothing that 'is not'. The science of quantum physics says the same thing.

edit on 19-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Many of you still trying to make an appeal through logic.
You can't bargan with an addict.
Many of you still trying to point out the ex-post facto reasoning.
You can't make a blindman see simply because he chooses to.
After twenty plus pages of thread, if they haven't answered the question by now, they aren't going to.
Whether social ostracism, fear of no longer being "moral" or just denile I don't think It can be said there's any one reason for why a person of faith fears discovering it is false.
That fear is undeniably real and has been demonstrated many times during the course of the thread.
The same way the thread has constantly been on the verge of decending into an arguement "around" the question instead of simply addressing it directly is ALSO an example of this fear made manifest.
Some have genuinely made attempts but others have consistantly tried to steer the conversation away from the singular subject.
Some have even made banal pleas for the lord to save them from the sinners in this thread.
(Didn't work too well...did it?)
Within a dozen or so generations, maybe religion will seem more like carnival magicians who did card tricks...before we all figured out to look up their sleeves & hats.
Just another in a neverending string of accomplishments that mankind consistantly got wrong.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I'm not appealing, I am conversing. Treating the theists here like PEOPLE. People who have feelings and interests and dreams just like myself. I am enjoying it, actually. There's no need to rush.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Eryiedes

Some have even made banal pleas for the lord to save them from the sinners in this thread.
(Didn't work too well...did it?)

-Amitaba-

And why do you assume so?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

You have another description for flourid sentences such as "praise the lord"?

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

That may be, and fine; but I prefer the work of scholars, and have read about actual evidence that they've unearthed.
Let me know if you want more info.

Taking this post with your other (in another thread related to the Death Penalty) saying 'good riddance' if the woman was practicing black magic - witchcraft is an AGES-OLD "blanket accusation", usually associated with pissed-off acquaintances or families. We don't know what she was up to. But many people feel that "black magic" is just as ineffective as "prayer." Just sayin'.

You are a believer in "black magic", and so forth?

edit on 10/19/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I know coz, The only begotten Son of God does not need to be indoctrinated
from any1.
Why should the missing years have any explanation ?
He could have been with the Angels in Heaven

okkayy...but, having an explanation would add a bunch to the credibility of the whole story, which is what some people have trouble with. (Nothing in the Bible is a straightforward, simple, thorough journalistic report.)

I find it a paradox that you are riding the fence there between "Angelic Resurrection" and "Engineer Pilot Inventor" (the latter being an appropriate tag for my late father). Seems like a non-sequitor for your intellect to be about how/what/where/why, yet not your approach to religion.

Interesting. An observation, that is all.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I have made a theory on this. "If a religion lets you do whatever you wish and desire, then its probably not the right one"
its like parenting and you would get it better than me.

Oh, I get it perfectly, IN TERMS OF HUMAN PARENTING.

THAT is one of the very biggest reasons I reject the idea of childhood indocrination.

Religion is FOR ADULTS, not for little, impressionable, gullible kids.

So, what I read into your theory is this:

YOU need an external locus of control, or YOU fear/believe you would BE out of control.

Am I correct?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

did you read it from a copy of Qur'an?

I read portions of it on "KORAN IN ENGLISH" websites that had no 'commentary.' Good enough?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Your explanation works wonderfully...as long as a few select, huge assumptions are made. It is those assumptions I keep getting stuck on. Assumptions which are generally chased with a liberal dose of faith, but as you know, I do it straight out of the bottle. Your assumptions regarding God and his blood magic are much too incredulous for me to swallow. I was just reading something on the Facebook Theosophy page about that. Here, I
will share it:

[Blood is in occultism regarded as a very dangerous and powerful thing because it keeps attracting energies that are not able to reincarnate yet as they are of a very low vibration. That is why blood in satanism and rituals is very important. By attracting negative entities they are gaining more strengths because those entities will literally get into the aura of black magician through which they can operate.]

Is this the truth of your so-called "Holy Spirit"? I do wonder...

It all depends on the intent of the act and what it hopes to communicate, what it's import and export is..

Maybe here yet again Jesus got the last laugh at the expense of "Black Magicians" and Satanists everywhere and once and for all time, by reversing the arrow as part of a double reverse sting, double-bind, hoodwink?

i can explain - actually had a phenomenon post almost ready to go but i accidentally deleted it. Darn!

Maybe it's better that way though to force people to ponder over and consider it from a variety of angles and perspectives, to see if their own bias and prejudice and assumptions might not have completely blinded them to the truth..

Perhaps the fundamental assumption being made here wasn't mine, but yours.. it's worth considering as a possibility..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 19-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

wildtimes

I find it a paradox that you are riding the fence there between "Angelic Resurrection" and "Engineer Pilot Inventor" (the latter being an appropriate tag for my late father). Seems like a non-sequitor for your intellect to be about how/what/where/why, yet not your approach to religion.

Interesting. An observation, that is all.

WoW. You talk exactly like one of my female flight instructor in SoCal. Interesting.
As I said b4 God Surpasses Intellect, pilot , engineering, science and all understanding
and I am glad I may be an example of that.
Praise The Lord

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

As I said b4 God Surpasses Intellect, pilot , engineering, science and all understanding

If that is truly the case, then you really can't say squat about him. For that would require some degree of understanding, would it not? You can say what but not why. Which is like walking on one leg. Not the most effective means of winning a race or making a statement.

With your above statement in mind, we can no longer trust any argument you make on God's behalf because you have just clearly stated that he is beyond your comprehension, which means he is beyond your ability to explain or defend.

Insert 50 cents for another game.

edit on 19-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Perhaps the fundamental assumption being made here wasn't mine, but yours.. it's worth considering as a possibility..

1. Jesus was divine.

2. Jesus died.

3. God exists.

4. God is all-powerful.

5. God has only our best interests at heart.

Listed above are five critical assumptions you've been making that you have not yet proven are reasonable. Until you have proven these assumptions are reasonable and likely, your castle is built on sand. You may wish to request an emergency air lift at some point.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'll back him up at some point though by showing precisely what God has communicated about himself and his intention towards mankind, and thus towards us all, to make himself known and even if only to a degree, what i consider to a very large degree, understood and recognized through Jesus and his Great Work.

Don't have the time right now, have to go watch the next episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, b-back later, catch you on the rebound? (just a play on my top post of this page).

NAM

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'll back him up at some point though by showing precisely what God has communicated about himself and his intention towards mankind, and thus towards us all, to make himself known and even if only to a degree, what i consider to a very large degree, understood and recognized through Jesus and his Great Work.

If you are truly able to do so, then by that time, it will be too late. Oh, and in answer to your question: "What comes after infinity?"

More infinity. As in, the end of the beginning will spawn the beginning of the end, and vice versa, ad infinitum.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

If that is truly the case, then you really can't say squat about him. For that would require some degree of understanding, would it not? You can say what but not why. Which is like walking on one leg. Not the most effective means of winning a race or making a statement.

With your above statement in mind, we can no longer trust any argument you make on God's behalf because you have just clearly stated that he is beyond your comprehension, which means he is beyond your ability to explain or defend.

Insert 50 cents for another game.

What sheies are you on about dude

I've already won the race.
Remember the word ALREADY when you are Born Again.
God has already taken care of everything. Praise Jesus.
No mortals will ever understand God

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

If you are truly able to do so, then by that time, it will be too late.

Oh, and in answer to your question: "What comes after infinity?"

More infinity. As in, the end of the beginning will spawn the beginning of the end, and vice versa, ad infinitum.

Too late?

According to you we're not pressed for time.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I've already won the race. Remember the word ALREADY when you are Born Again. God has already taken care of everything. Praise Jesus. No mortals will ever understand God

No mortal will ever understand God, yet you know exactly what he's doing, who he's doing it for, and why. Somehow, those statements don't quite jibe.
edit on 20-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Too late?

According to you we're not pressed for time.

According to you, we are.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

logical7
The message of Islam is not new and it makes sense to people no matter from where they are.

- Islam took bits and pieces of Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, Paganism and even ancient Hinduism .. mixed it together and sprinkled it with some strange new FICTIONAL stories ... and presented itself as supposedly being from God. So it's not new ... but at the same time, the fictional aspects newly added by the imagination of Muhammad, are.

- And no ... it doesn't 'make sense to people no matter from where they are'. When looking at Islam with a clear head and no indoctrination issues to block reasoning .... Islam makes NO SENSE. An afterlife full of an orgy of the senses ... sex and gluttony of organic food etc etc ... really? NO SENSE.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join