It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls Postage Stamps Encouraging Fitness Unsafe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes, the title says it all.

Linky: ABC news

Now, I'm not usually one to jump on the blame the White House wagon as many here are want to do when something doesn't fit with his or her partisan beliefs and when it involves other parts of government, but this is just crazy.

A collection of U.S. postage stamps encouraging kids to play sports and lead active lifestyles was recalled after White House officials deemed the activities involved, like skateboarding and cannonballing into a swimming pool, unsafe, according to a postal service official.

They're freakin' STAMPS!! Kids don't use them too often, either, or have much to do with mail in general, so WTH is this all about. Oh, no, a canonball is dangerous, PULL THE STAMPS! Isn't swimming dangerous??? HELLO, drowning!!

What about exercise? You could pull a muscle or sprain something!

The stamps deemed unsafe by federal officials included . . . doing a handstand without wearing a helmet.

Seriously?

Oh crap, they're batting without a helmet! Call the DFCS!

ALL of those can be considered unsafe in some way or another. Climbing a rope? You could fall and break a leg (or a neck). Cartwheels? You could break am arm or leg. Soccer? Get kicked in the shin...ETC.

Thank you momma state for preventing me from considering something that might hurt myself if I don't pay attention, which can be practically anything. Better not walk up or down stairs, you could fall.

This is just stupid. They're stamps, and now these stamps are just sitting there. A waste of money.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Did anyone benefit by these postage stamps being recalled?
I can't imagine something like this would happen because the white house looked at a picture of a kid playing sports and decided it was a bad example for children.
Insanity.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

On the plus side...If you figure out a way to nab a couple of sheets of these stamps...instant collectors item!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They literally just saved the lives of tens of people who still use usps stamps.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And it looks like some whitehouse staffer simply commented on the no helmet, cannonball stuff etc..

From your article

The story was first reported by Linn’s Stamp News. According to USPS spokesman Roy Betts, the story is accurate but for a detail that the collection would be destroyed. Bett’s told ABC News, “The stamps are on hold and a decision would be made later.”

Silly? yah...important news though?
edit on 12-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Salut,

This is exactly what the White House wanted.
A distraction to keep the masses occupied and dumbfounded, otherwise we'd have never heard about it in the first place. The current regime is so paranoid about leaks and "rogue journalists" that any reporter going into the White House has his butt cheeks clenched so tight that they can make diamonds out of bbq briquets.
Plus I am pretty sure by the artistic quality of those things (which look like they were drawn by a 6 year old on a near fatal sugar buzz) that whatever ridiculous amount of money spent to carry out the project was lowballed and embezzled with the unspent remainder magically disappearing into Barry's pockets...kinda like everyone's pensions will be doing in a few short years.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I guess these clowns missed the Twilight Zone ( I think it was a Zone...) that had robots preventing people from doing literally ANYTHING, because they "might get hurt"! Maybe we could just declare the Federal Government dangerous, and leave the rest alone?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Liquesence
A collection of U.S. postage stamps encouraging kids to play sports and lead active lifestyles was recalled after White House officials deemed the activities involved, like skateboarding and cannonballing into a swimming pool, unsafe, according to a postal service official.

Lol. Unsafe? I thought this was a joke at first.

You want "unsafe"? Just interview a homosexual ex-lover of the president.

edit on 13-10-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

trollz
Did anyone benefit by these postage stamps being recalled?
I can't imagine something like this would happen because the white house looked at a picture of a kid playing sports and decided it was a bad example for children.
Insanity.

There definitely has to be some reason—or does there? I doubt it happened because someone looked at it and thought it dangerous, but it could very well be. Sports such as skateboarding can potentially be dangerous because it indoctrinates the youth not in "true" sports like baseball and football that breed conformity, but the "fringe" sport that breeds rebelliousness, individuality, and questioning of authority?

Perhaps the question is not who benefits, but who does it hurt keeping these from circulation?

Expression, fun.

These stamps are just too radical. #sarcasm

new topics

top topics

join