It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK to get major snowfall in the next month or two

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Cool, I was last in the lakes during my army days, we had a nice little wander up Scafell Pike, nice views up there.

King

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well done woogle on playing the beauty spot card ha ok I agree up north you got some lovely places, went to Nevis few months back to do a 3 peak challenge (climb UKs 3 highest
Peaks in 24 hours ) and I must say its beautiful

I would post a pic of where I live but
1, I'm on my phone plus I should be working
2, I don't want to post photos of chavs standing around corner shops

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

kingears

Cool, I was last in the lakes during my army days, we had a nice little wander up Scafell Pike, nice views up there.

King

Attempted scafell month or so ago .. Weather was atrocious we called it off

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by revmoofoo

You scots/northerners are just jealous we southerners have soft supple skin and can roast in the summer sunshine (when ever that happens) :p

LOL!!! According to my Scottish mates, I've been down here so long that I'm now an Englishman with a "bastardised" Scottish/English accent. I must also confess that the last time I was in Edinburgh I was actually freezing cold and it wasn't even winter!

Rev

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In my experience, it's the Scots are the wimps - whenever I go up there they have every window hemetically sealed and the central heating turned up to 30c. That's pubs, shops, hostels ......

Down here I close my window when it drops below -10c

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Very off topic from me but when I was in fort William went into a morrisons and this checkout chick had a very strong Scottish accent ... Let's just say I fell in love

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I have my fuel cut for winter.. Bring it on. I love the snow...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Perhaps they wouldn't need the central heating on full rate if most of them lived in half decent homes equipped for the Scottish Winter. Unfortunately much of the Scottish public housing stock is absolutely diabolical, poorly built, inadequately insulated & pathetically heated. And much of the private sector homes are built to a "one size fits all" specification ... i.e. it's designed and built to standards suitable for the south of England rather than a more robust northern climate. That's quite noticeable in what Scots describe as "Spam Valley" estates i.e. Barratt homes type estates, houses which almost look as if they've been taken from Essex and dropped randomly into Scotland with little if no sympathy for the needs of Scottish tenants/homeowners.

Housing is actually one of those areas where independence might make a positive difference.

Anyway. Snow. Yay ! Can't wait for that first 3 cm to fall. UK will grind to a halt and I can phone in and take a skivey day off work due to "travelling difficulties".

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This was an article in the sodding Daily Express. It's a joke of a paper and is now a laughing stock.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

This was an article in the sodding Daily Express. It's a joke of a paper and is now a laughing stock.

Yes I know as I previously stated on the first two pages I'm kind of regretting posting this thread and I'm expecting to see this thread disappear in the bear future

Sorry to upset you

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I made no reference to people's homes. Though it matters not whether the walls are 6ft of granite or 2mm paper - the temp inside is the temp inside and the fact remains that whenever I'm in Scotland in winter I find the temp in public buidings to be uncomfortably high.
edit on 12-10-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I didn't say you mentioned housing to any extent whatever. I merely pointed out the inadequacy of the Scottish housing stocks. I don't think that's in dispute by many. And I'm not going to be lectured by you on the subject of going off topic, you who set new standards by which being off topic can be measured. Perhaps when you're a Moderator (in your dreams, matey) you can think about throwing jibes like that my way.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. On Andy Mayhew.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just looked on Met Check UK, which I find is quite reliable most of the time, and it's predicting snow from about November 10th, for this area at least. (I'm in Strathdon, just about). That's quite early really...most of the time we don't get big snow until well after Christmas. My stock-up-and-buy-snow-boots warning has already fired in the last few days, so I suspect this warning may well be right. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It's a British weather thread...they were designed to go off topic with general Scot / Northern / Southern Britsh friendly verbal slagging off.

It's probably the best banter on ATS.

Long live the random British weather threads!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
damn, drat and bah! i hate the cold.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. On Andy Mayhew.

In my dreams
But thank you!

I'd my life ambition is to see a real snow drift in England again before I die - last time was in the early 90s in Suffolk.....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

woogleuk

It's a British weather thread...they were designed to go off topic with general Scot / Northern / Southern Britsh friendly verbal slagging off.

It's probably the best banter on ATS.

Long live the random British weather threads!

Weather: talking about it is is what defines the British. Regardless of which ancient tribal king we follow ....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Lol fair point I'm actually slightly impressed with the replies I've had, even though the thread is a bit poo. Hell at least we will have more of a chance in getting heavy snow than seeing UFOS over London. See this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh and yes we love a bit of banter .. Something that Americans don't get haha

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its going to snow in the UK

Seriously

wow!

Because living in the North of Scotland i can honestly say it would be nice for the rest of the UK to suffer the way i have to for 3 months of the year

I grew up as a boy in Alaska.

I remember falling into snow that was easily a foot over my head

I remember my dog suffering from frost bite. Total temperature including wind chill of -86 degrees Fahrenheit. I remember my mother forgetfully leaving a six pack of the old fashion glass bottles of coca-cola (fizzy drink
on the front porch. In the morning, there was a stalagmite of frozen coke reaching the ceiling of the porch, where the bottle caps and the upper necks of the bottles were frozen in place.

When you get there, let's talk

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join