It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these things look similar? Ruins on a Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

JayDub113
Here is another side by side comparison.

The first image is a crop made from a picture taken from 32,000 miles away, from a different angle under different lighting conditions.

The same structure is clearly there.

I would say that definitely rules out shadows and mind tricks.

Same feature, not structure IMO.

I would love to see a structure on another planetoid... But I don't think this is one.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

I see what you're talking about.
In your OP: It would be nice if you added some links of where the picture(s) were found and told more about what moon etc. Perhaps some coords. even. It's hard for some to get on board with a vague description and nothing much to back it.
It's a pretty interesting post nonetheless.
S&F
edit on 13-10-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I kind of see what you are talking about, but I also think those could just be lines in the sand due to asteroids? I am more interested in some of those videos people do where they use a telescope and HD camera to record UFOs coming out of the moon. Bases on the moon....I am skeptical, but anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

jhn7537

First off, why would you ever watch John Carter..... And Second, well, I'm still stuck on the whole watching John Carter thing....

Because some people gave a movie they never saw before a chance.
Even me and I hate disney movies for the most part!

I liked that movie a lot!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

JayDub113
Here is another side by side comparison.

The first image is a crop made from a picture taken from 32,000 miles away, from a different angle under different lighting conditions.

The same structure is clearly there.

I would say that definitely rules out shadows and mind tricks.

Your right, i also could see some odd looking man made tracks, only possible with tracked vehicles.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You all are looking at a very large ball of ice water, covered with craters and cracks.

Tethys has a density of only 0.984 g/cm^3 meaning it is mostly water ice with just a bit of harder material (rocks) thrown in.

It's average surface temperature is just 88 K or -185 C.

At just over 1,060 km in diameter, it's surface is heavily cratered and cut by a number of large scale faults or
graben. Our own moon has many examples of graben on it.

Considering that the entire surface of Tethys is water ice, this should not be surprising that we are seeing cracks, faults and graben on it's surface.

Other icy moons such as Jupiter's Europa or another of Saturn's moons, Enceladus, have quite a few cracks in them too, looking like roads, tracks, etc:

picture from Enceladus

Larger pic to enjoy:

So while I agree, it would be cool to imagine that we have some Ice Road Truckers on these moon, I'm afraid they are just interesting looking cracks in ice.

That's basically what you are looking at with many of the outer moons of Sature: big, giant balls of frozen water.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Looking at this a little more it reminds me of "The Castle" photo that is on the moon. If I recall correctly this structure is said to be 7 miles high??

edit on 13-10-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
where you saw the rebuttal . you about this skittle faktzafaktom.ru... 5 × 1 mile? more "anomalies" faktzafaktom.ru...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
sorry off topic that makes the moon faktzafaktom.ru... logo MOE of Russia www.mchs.ru... oksion read ok [666] zion

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
john lear says there are bases on the mooon

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join