It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these things look similar? Ruins on a Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Very interesting anomaly.

Please link or coordinates of this place. Thx.
S&f.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I was out looking for higher res imagery and I think I found a good site for it. While looking there, another image on the front page stood out as something to look at with straight or near straight lines as well.

There really is a valid question to why no nation has ever gone back with people. I see no shortage of interesting things to check out and investigate. Maybe one of the other nations will go back as they've talked about in recent years.

Lunar Orbiter 5 - Plate 5033

Wascally Wrabbit, wright wangles aren't for kids!!!

EVERYBODY knows they occur by themselves in nature. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I love how close minded people can be.

No, sorry, I don't see anything.

I see six horizontal lines, and six vertical lines.

I see what could very well be tricks of shadow and geography.

What happened to when we were kids, and we'd spend hours looking at the clouds. Or at tidal pools. Or at abstract art (even some adults do this, myself included) and see things. Were we once, or are we now, delusional ?

I am no fool as to believe that the human brain does not connect the dots for us. It helps us make sense out of chaos, order out of foreign things. I've read the scientific papers. I've read what the experts have to say.

But, I look at photos like this, and I wonder. I look at psychics, and I wonder. I look at abstract art, and I wonder. I look at people, and I wonder. I look at death, and I wonder. I look at the world, and I wonder.

I think that if you seal off that part of yourself that wonders, you seal off that part of you that is a child. You seal off that part of you that can solve problems where others have failed. That can see a masterpiece amongst it's broken parts. That can truly create, destroy, and create something greater than what once were it's parts of creation, which caused you to think and wonder in the first place.

If we were to go and investigate things like the OP's photo, or Haugland's photo curiosities, or Wrabbit's photo, the worst thing that can be said is we wondered. We went. We investigated.

Why is it that so many see that as a failure?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

What happened to when we were kids, and we'd spend hours looking at the clouds. Or at tidal pools. Or at abstract art (even some adults do this, myself included) and see things. Were we once, or are we now, delusional ?

No, uneducated, ignorant to the world and the surroundings. Some may be delusional, but the vast majority are just ignorant.

The things you saw in the clouds were not real, much like the alien base you see in the image OP posted.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Arken
Very interesting anomaly.

Please link or coordinates of this place. Thx.
S&f.

I believe this is Saturn's moon Tethys.

Linky 1
Linky 2

Interesting paterns for sure, I wonder what made this.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

AmberLeaf
reply to post by SadistNocturne

No, uneducated, ignorant to the world and the surroundings. Some may be delusional, but the vast majority are just ignorant.

The things you saw in the clouds were not real, much like the alien base you see in the image OP posted.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

And clearly the point I was making was lost on you. Even the final statement where I asked what would truly be lost if we went and explored these anomolies.

Apparently, much is lost on you as well.

Get back to me when any of this rings a bell, knuckle-dragger.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Ahh we have an astute observer. It is indeed Saturn's moon Tethys. I wondered how long it would take someone to figure that out. Good eye.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bigger pic.

Old lava flow stuff..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

The look very much like they could have been from the lunar rover. But I've not checked.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Good find, I totally see what your aiming for. Are you theorizing that what we see may be similar to an artist rendition? Maybe so.

I a firm believer of structures on the moon, long forgotten and left by ancient man. Some might still be functioning......

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I saw it right away OP...very interesting indeed! I do find it quite odd that we have never gone back.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplock9000

It is a moon, but not earths moon....

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Great pic nice similarities but where they getting the materials to build these structures the moon mill. Or so they ship the stuff out there just wondering as it looks like alot of material needed to build 5 mile high buildings and i see no smoke from making the metal on the moon just my thoughts nice pic though.

Just remembered the superstorngtinyeasytomakeelement225nonreactivenanoparticleswithsunstrength long word and just a joke. Sorry lol
edit on 13-10-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is a hoax and photo-shopped

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hmmm does look similar I can see the lines & structure

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

In the bigger pic (pg2) you can see long lines that go into the shadow of craters and continue out the other end. Not sure what this means. It reminds me of Nazca Lines...how they go interrupted and appear as straight lines even over bumpy terrain.

Quite a few of them in there. Also kinda reminds me of "striations" (sp?) found on other moons.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Cool find OP.. For those who have difficulty seeing these, I recommend researching arial archeology.. It's an old technique.. Once you see how these sites on earth look with time, erosion whatever.. It's easier to spot these anomalies like the one the OP is presenting here..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just see a face.. So I'm going to put it down too Pareidolia.. I've had to stop looking at the picture as it no longer makes any sense to me any more.. My eyes hurt..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Side by side I can see what you mean but I still think it's just a bunch of rocks and craters. The mind sees patterns. I see faces in wood grain and blanket patterns all the time

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here is another side by side comparison.

The first image is a crop made from a picture taken from 32,000 miles away, from a different angle under different lighting conditions.

The same structure is clearly there.

I would say that definitely rules out shadows and mind tricks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join