It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these things look similar? Ruins on a Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is something I noticed that I thought would be a fun discussion experiment.

This image is an artists rendering done for the movie John Carter.

This is an image of a moon. The area shown is roughly 30 miles.

The image of the moon was taken after the movie had already come out.

I see a resemblance. Pareidolia? Coincidence? Hard to say, but I find the similarity astounding.

What say you ATS?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

I say I don't see what you see. Craters is what I see.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crawley

Fair enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't really see anything......

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

OK seriously? Neither of you see the five mile high rock sticking up? OOOOOKKKKK then...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I see rocks and shadows. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There are some similar features but they could be due to just terrain and lighting. The six fanned lines and the two parallel running down the center of the photo are interesting. Though they may be due to shadows and or some anomaly. Either way nice find OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

JayDub113
reply to post by davethebear

OK seriously? Neither of you see the five mile high rock sticking up? OOOOOKKKKK then...

No........

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't see the resemblance, but I do think your black and white photo has some interesting lines that would be worth looking at closer if better imagery exists. Straight lines where chaos should be the only pattern are always worth a look. Hmm...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
interesting straight lines going on there in the picture good find op s & f any more info on it

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Any hi-res imagery of that??

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Ok How about now

That's the area of the image I found intriguing.

Also bearing in mind that in the image on the right, the part that looks as if it could be a structure is 5 - 10 miles across.

edit on 12-10-2013 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

edit on 12-10-2013 by JayDub113 because: double post

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I was out looking for higher res imagery and I think I found a good site for it. While looking there, another image on the front page stood out as something to look at with straight or near straight lines as well.

There really is a valid question to why no nation has ever gone back with people. I see no shortage of interesting things to check out and investigate. Maybe one of the other nations will go back as they've talked about in recent years.

Lunar Orbiter 5 - Plate 5033

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Not familiar with that photo or were it is but cool, if genuine you may have found the artists inspiration, I wonder if he/she is a fellow ATS'er or perhaps a conspiracy fan as well.
I do see the similarity between the images however the linear features in the lunar shot are broken by the crater's to not tower like but maybe linear surface features, if real they do look artificial though.

edit on 12-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well with this kind of thread normally I see rocks rocks and more rocks.

However as I was only having a quick look at ATS and had no intention of logging in I saved your pic on my puter.

I opened the photo in a ulead thing ( I know nothing about photos) just to make it bigger for a closer look.

I was quite taken aback with the closer look, I am very skeptical by nature and am not one to see faces in clouds or mistake rocks for mamals, but.

The bloody image certainly shows something like a mining operation there is nothing natural about it at all.
No idea how to upload what I'm looking at but it is different from the pic you uploaded when zoomed rotated and messed about with try it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Divide wheat and chaff....

Yes, there is quite a resememblance, and that is quite a tall tower.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Well my son (mine craft addict) was just having a look with me at the zoomed version of the image. The pair of us are not nuts, we don't see a cratered surface, we see angular structures casting shadow and what appers to be a mining operation seen from above looking down a huge shaft with a structure decending down into it.

At first glance it lokks like a cratered surface of the moon, but that is what we expect to see it's only when we look closer and don't asssume shadows are the bottoms of craters that we really see what's there.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

First off, why would you ever watch John Carter..... And Second, well, I'm still stuck on the whole watching John Carter thing....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Do these things look similar?

Yes if i squint.

But no, they arent the same, one is a mocked up alien base for a movie, the other is rocks and craters. I see no tower that you speak of, just rocks and shadows.

You must be subbed to Streetcrap1 right??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join