It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working for Welfare - Its The Future! (Conspiracy)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'll try and keep this to the point without trying to bash political parties/corporate fat-cats. I am very much against people working for welfare.

There are not enough jobs for all 7 billion people who inhabit this earth. As we become more technologically advanced, jobs will decline even further. We are seeing it already in the western world - Self checkouts being a major red flag when it comes to people being replaced by machinery. The Economy in the western world no longer offer's "jobs" it offers "work"
More and more jobs are low paid, not full time and temporary. My five year experience in the service sector (Retail work) has given me no hope that things will improve - All the shops ive worked in, management at the top have cut hours for employee's to the thread bare, the only people who work full time are team leaders and managers. Everyone else gets 25hrs or less work per week.
Employing people on a part time basis has its perks for the company - You can rota them in on the busiest days/hours and not have to give them a break because they are not working longer than five and half hours (EU law)

With companies in the service sector operating in this way, the economy will never be as it was.

Queue the idea's of "Lazy work shy bums" earning their pittance from the government. This is an idea i believe is being raised by many developed countries. As generations come and go there are going to be less and less jobs, so governments of developed worlds are going to have an awfully large work force sitting idle- The longer this continues the more a poor society will deteriorate. I genuinely believe (Without trying to fear monger) that we are going to end up with a "Rich or Poor" scenario, You are one or the other, there is no in-between.

I personally cannot see a new sector of jobs being established in the western world. As other countries develop (If they're allowed to) then manufacturing MIGHT return to western countries, but by the time that happens, would it be to late to resuscitate society?

Anyway, working for your welfare is the future. You'll pick up litter, work in store's, clean public buildings (All teh # jobs) and you'll do it for less than minimum wage. Give it 20 years, it'll be the norm.

Your thoughts?
edit on 11-10-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
sounds very communist. XD

but i kind of like the idea. its not quite the unfair handout, spit in the face to the real contributors of society system we have now.
even single tasks for society could earn assistance.

edit:
and i would note that all assistance programs are generally meant to be temporary. thats what they are supposed to be now. and likely would a program like this would be later.

but i welcome replies to me about how this is just a modern age slavery x.x
edit on 11-10-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Bisman
sounds very communist. XD

but i kind of like the idea. its not quite the unfair handout, spit in the face to the real contributors of society system we have now.
even single tasks for society could earn assistance.

What im trying to point out really is that there arent any real jobs out there that a person can build a future from and in time, they'll be even less. The middle class will be sucked in with the poor eventually. You'll be forced to work for government handouts because there is no alternative - There will simply be no jobs to be had lol

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I agree with you to a extent OP, its funny actually because i refuse to use self-service checkouts because I know they they take jobs and as they become more the "norm" will take more.

However I think a flaw in your reasoning is that not all 7 billion need a job I dont know the statistics but only something like 75% of those 7 billion will be of working age, some wile over 65 others under 18. On top of that you also have to consider that not everyone needs a job, my mother for example never worked a day in her life, but my dad at one point was working every day of the week.

Then you also have to remember that self service checkouts for example while taking 3 or 4 jobs will also create a couple of jobs, you need the guy to service them and there is always a member of staff who needs to keep watch on the people using the checkouts and you have all the jobs created in actually building and designing the things. And you always need a couple of checkouts for the weekly shopping.

Even while manufacturing becomes more automated, other industries pop up like software development and building the machines that build the machines.

You are probably right however, in the long run, we will probably see less jobs , particularly those that are deemed to be "low skill". But i really dont think that will have us all stuck on the dole.

edit on 11-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
it's not the future.

Obviously you have never been in Europe? It's common at to my knowledge at least in the UK and in Germany. You don't get "infinite" welfare, at some point they make you do such type of social/community work.

Also..your idea that this "is the future" is wrong.

You want a society where a small Elite makes billions while a MAJORITY of people are ripping weeds out for min. wage? Thank you, rejected.

The problems are not solved like this, not even remotely.

The problem (IMO) is globalization...the fact that companies/corporate manufacture and outsource to cheap 3rd world countries. To heal our economy something must be done THERE. I am 100% convinced that without strict laws penalizing or even forbidding outsourcing/manufacturing etc. WE CANNOT EVER recover.

Of course, this will bring on a whole ton of other problems...but globalization IS the cause of many problems.
edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago32PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago05PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Working for welfare is such a bad idea I can't believe anyone would be for it.

This is communist Russia guys what's wrong with you.

stop paying someone welfare what someone who wants to work should be getting paid for.

Make it an hourly job and of they want it let ten apply and work it like a normal job. If they don't want to apply oh well.

Holy crap. People are dumb.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with you to a extent OP, its funny actually because i refuse to use self-service checkouts because I know they they take jobs and as they become more the "norm" will take more.

A tesco express i frequent regularly recently refurbished it's store, increasing its self checkouts from 2 to 6 and reducing its manned checkouts from 4 to 2. i was shocked in all honesty.

However I think a flaw in your reasoning is that not all 7 billion need a job I dont know the statistics but only something like 75% of those 7 billion will be of working age, some wile over 65 others under 18. On top of that you also have to consider that not everyone needs a job, my mother for example never worked a day in her life, but my dad at one point was working every day of the week.

You are correct, not all 7 Billion people need work - But the world has an ever growing population and here in the west there is always talk of knocking up the retirement age because "We cant afford to look after the elderly" The longer people work, the less jobs that become vacated due to retirement. And lets be honest here, who wants to be served in a store by someone who reminds them of their grand parents? It just feels wrong on many levels.

Then you also have to remember that self service checkouts for example while taking 3 or 4 jobs will also create a couple of jobs, you need the guy to service them and there is always a member of staff who needs to keep watch on the people using the checkouts and you have all the jobs created in actually building and designing the things.

Indeed, they may create jobs but the wont replace those jobs equally with the ones they're taking.

Even while manufacturing becomes more automated, other industries pop up like software development and building the machines that build the machines.

Indeed, skilled jobs. Yet more and more our school systems are unable to keep up with developing the right kind of workers who can learn and implement those skills needed. If our schools systems did then those skilled jobs would eventually become unskilled, i believe anyhow.

You are probably right however, in the long run, we will probably see less jobs , particularly those that are deemed to be "low skill".

I just feel that they're trying to warm people up (Especially the middle-classes) that working for welfare is only "Fair" when in reality, people will actually be trapped on the dole.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
It's common at to my knowledge at least in the UK and in Germany. You don't get "infinite" welfare, at some point they make you do such type of social/community work.

that sounds wonderful

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
it's not the future.

Obviously you have never been in Europe? It's common at to my knowledge at least in the UK and in Germany. You don't get "infinite" welfare, at some point they make you do such type of social/community work.

Also..your idea that this "is the future" is wrong.

You want a society where a small Elite makes billions while a MAJORITY of people are ripping weeds out for min. wage? Thank you, rejected.

The problems are not solved like this, not even remotely.

The problem (IMO) is globalization...the fact that companies/corporate manufacture and outsource to cheap 3rd world countries. To heal our economy something must be done THERE. I am 100% convinced that without strict laws penalizing or even forbidding outsourcing/manufacturing etc. WE CANNOT EVER recover.

Of course, this will bring on a whole ton of other problems...but globalization IS the cause of many problems.
edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago32PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago05PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

I dont see any of your post remotely challenging what ive stated...

And i live in england, im aware of how my own welfare system works, thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

No it doesn't your a fool. Take the same money cut off welfare and create an hourly paying job with it.

Fool.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

onequestion

Working for welfare is such a bad idea I can't believe anyone would be for it.

This is communist Russia guys what's wrong with you.

stop paying someone welfare what someone who wants to work should be getting paid for.

Make it an hourly job and of they want it let ten apply and work it like a normal job. If they don't want to apply oh well.

Holy crap. People are dumb.

I wasnt advocating it was a good idea - Im very much against it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Apologize that wasn't directed at you. I just replied to your thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

onequestion

Apologize that wasn't directed at you. I just replied to your thread.

No worries

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
At my local Fred Meyer they have the self-check outs, and about 4 employees running around helping people because the stupid things don't ever seen to work. I swear if I have to hear "Please place the item in the bagging area" one more GD time.

The thing is, all the people using the self check out would be standing in line for one of the 4 people working anyway.

I use it because I normally only have 1-2 things and I'm in a hurry. I don't want to stand behind some mother with 5 screaming kids and a stack of coupons 6 inches high, or the person who is using a personal check that isn't pre-filled out (except the amount).

Who the hell pays with a checkbook at the grocery store anyway?

And people, for the love of GOD if you have an entire cart full of crap, do NOT use the self-check out!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Bisman

No it doesn't your a fool. Take the same money cut off welfare and create an hourly paying job with it.

Fool.

its that easy? just "create" jobs because we need some.

where is your time machine parked. we need to go back 30 years and share this with the world.

not to mention, you are just talking about more government jobs. half of the problem right now is that the government is way way too big.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Just a few points,

the worlds population is actually expected now to level off and then start to fall so a increasing population is not really going to be a long term problem. Neither is a ageing population, yes in the short therm (next 10-40 years) it is a problem but once we get over the "Baby boomers" at least in the west it will not be so much of a problem. Also as people live longer they can be expected to be healthier for longer and work for longer. This is also a huge source of jobs, the number of carers and nurses needed in the future will be massive.

what you say about lack of skills in schools is very true, our education system in the UK needs a huge revamp.

lastly i dont know who "they" are but i dont think that "they" are tying to do anything of the sort that you suggested.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Yup it is that easy. Take the money we waste getting nothing done and cleanup America.

Seems really simplistic and logical to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just a few points,

the worlds population is actually expected now to level off and then start to fall so a increasing population is not really going to be a long term problem. Neither is a ageing population, yes in the short therm (next 10-40 years) it is a problem but once we get over the "Baby boomers" at least in the west it will not be so much of a problem. Also as people live longer they can be expected to be healthier for longer and work for longer. This is also a huge source of jobs, the number of carers and nurses needed in the future will be massive.

I have not actually heard that the global population is expected to level off, i shall have to look that up, thanks

what you say about lack of skills in schools is very true, our education system in the UK needs a huge revamp.

Its tragic, isnt it?

lastly i dont know who "they" are but i dont think that "they" are tying to do anything of the sort that you suggested.

I suppose by "they" i mean the people running the show - Often born rich, privately educated and holding the most important influential positions in any nation. Those who will never be without, those who dont understand what it's like to go without.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Bisman

Yup it is that easy. Take the money we waste getting nothing done and cleanup America.

Seems really simplistic and logical to me.

if those on assistance were willing to work just any job, they would be.

the issue isnt that there arent enough jobs.

and the jobs created using assistance money you are suggesting. they would clean and build yes, but they do not earn. meaning the funds will still come from us, to pay the big fed more money to likely be in the red yet again.

the solution is NOT government.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Yeah it is. And I don't care if they aren't willing to work those jobs. If they can't take personal responsibility then weed them out. When presented with the option of death or work they will work trust me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join