It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity make a claim no other religion makes?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

I translates more than just "necessary" it encapsulates the entire logic of the argument for God. What more could a God define Himself by than a statement of existence?

It merely suggests that his existence was enough, in and of itself, to answer the question that was asked of him. The act of existing is evidence of the act of existing. Nothing more. It doesn't even explain why.
edit on 16-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I translates more than just "necessary" it encapsulates the entire logic of the argument for God. What more could a God define Himself by than a statement of existence?

It merely suggests that his existence was enough, in and of itself, to answer the question that was asked of him. The act of existing is evidence of the act of existing. Nothing more. It doesn't even explain why.

The existence itself explains why. Because of the rules of the Universe we have logic to easily identify the only possible God available to us.

It is a chain of development from the most basic requirement of God, necessary being, to more advanced concept such as justice, holiness, and righteousness. To the highest concepts of what God can be, the Trinity.

Are you suggesting that "I AM" is a small statement you casually brush off as I exist?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The existence itself explains why. Because of the rules of the Universe we have logic to easily identify the only possible God available to us.

How does it explain?

It is a chain of development from the most basic requirement of God, necessary being, to more advanced concept such as justice, holiness, and righteousness. To the highest concepts of what God can be, the Trinity.

And this can all be understood from the phrase "I am that I am"?

Are you suggesting that "I AM" is a small statement you casually brush off as I exist?

Precisely. Particularly given the question.

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” - Exodus 3:13 - 14

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm not going to go through the whole chain of logic of identifying the true God, but for instance let's examine the question "can God make an object so heavy He cannot lift it"?

There is one logical answer to this, yes He can make such an object, but will He make such an object ?

This begins to explore the fact that God is the only one with absolute will, His will is unconstrained so the question of "can and cannot" actually has very little application toward God. Can is only that which is permissible by laws or constraints of laws.

God actually is constrained by law, theoretically. In that He cannot undo or break His own laws or covenants. Which is why such a "convoluted" path to salvation as the Sacrifice of His only Son which He himself Is, exists at all.

If God could just "break his own laws" (which is illogical) as Allah does in Islam, then there would be absolutely no need for Jesus Christ. God could just arbitrarily say "you're a sinner, but I forgive you for sinning against me" as Allah proposes to do.

I should correct this saying it is illogical to think a God would break his own laws if that God is also Just. So God will not break His own laws and we find out in the Bible He does not break any law or contradict any statement He made through out our written history of Him.
edit on 16-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה

This is what God told Moses he was when asked his name.The most literal translation is "I will be what I will be". It's not a "personal" name because God is not a man.It is Gods nature and a proclamation of existence.

Names are the nature of the thing named.God wasn't saying this is what you call me. God was saying this is what I am.As in everything this name also and fore mostly an expression of maths.In Hebrew gematria this name sums to 543.

without even needing another number it is expressing Pythagoras right triangle(PRT)
C²=B²+A²
Moses name Moshe( מֹשֶׁה)is the inverse number 345 and still a PRT
A²+B²=C²

And again not coincidentally those names sum to the name of Yahoshua in Greek ....Iesous.
Ἰησοῦς.= 888
543+345=888

To calculate a PRT with only one side known (888) divide by 3 then multiple the product by 4 then 5 .

888/3=296=A
296x4=1184=B
296x5=1480=C

Christ in Greek is christos
Χριστός=1480
Iesous Christos=888+1480=2368
2368/2=1184

It's all in the numbers.Gods "beingness" is maths and everything of God is is expressed through maths.The scripture is maths.The physical and unseen realms are all maths.It can't be escaped.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I AM is consciousness, so yes you were around before Abraham because you are consciousness experiencing the world around you. The light of God is the image you see, you were created in God's image meaning you are created in your own image. Look into a mirror, you are created in God's image in that situation, your image that you see. We are the I AM experiencing itself from infinite points of view eternally.

Consciousness is life (God of the living), life is being, being is I AM. What was, is, and will continue to be even after you die? Life! Life is the Alpha and Omega, it is the I AM, it is the eternal perfection that the bible and all religions speak of but have convoluted to mean something totally different.

"Ye are gods", you are your own God because you have life and God is God of the living, not the dead.
edit on 16-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I AM is consciousness, so yes you were around before Abraham because you are consciousness experiencing the world around you. The light of God is the image you see, you were created in God's image meaning you are created in your own image. Look into a mirror, you are created in God's image in that situation, your image that you see. We are the I AM experiencing itself from infinite points of view eternally.

Consciousness is life (God of the living), life is being, being is I AM. What was, is, and will continue to be even after you die? Life! Life is the Alpha and Omega, it is the I AM, it is the eternal perfection that the bible and all religions speak of but have convoluted to mean something totally different.

"Ye are gods", you are your own God because you have life and God is God of the living, not the dead.
edit on 16-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Um no, the Bible is very clear that God is life, you are living only by Him. You yourself are not intrinsically alive. That is you are not life itself. Only God is. You most certainly were not around forever.

If all we are is "Consciousness" why can't I become you presently? What anchors my consciousness to this body alone?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Uhm yes, I AM life and so are you. The image of God is your image, the universe around you and your body. The image of God is what you SEE literally.

You are not your body, you are the Spirit living a bodily experience. You are life itself, YES you are, and so is anything else with life. You're letting religious teachings blind you to the truth.

You are bound to your particular body because that's just how things work. I can't answer that for you, but guess what, neither can the bible. We are the same, I am in you and you are in me because we both are life itself.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

YOU are Jesus, you share the same essence as him, life itself. Jesus spoke of you when he spoke of himself, that's a fact. The church has hidden that truth with their blasphemous book.

You are carnally minded because you see yourself as your temporary body. If you TRULY understood spirituality, you would understand that only your body is temporary, but your consciousness, your spirit, is absolutely eternal. You do not understand spirituality, Christianity is not spirituality, it's the enemy of spirituality.
edit on 17-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Those numbers wouldn't happen to be descriptive of a pyramid, would they?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The bible is full of ridiculous lies and is a type of period fiction at best.

Christ is a myth, never existed, still doesn't. Santa Claus for adults who couldn't let go.

Fanatical christianity (aka jesus psychosis) makes lots of claims. What it offers in reality (like most religions) is delusion, another means of exploitation.....and high levels of societal dysfunction.

hinessight.blogs.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Rex282

....all numbers in ratios (relationship/relative) describe something and or multiple things.There are no coincidences.

The official coordinates of the Pyramid of Giza are
29°58′45.03″N...31°08′03.69″E

by doing "arbitrary" pattern calculations interesting "coincidental" numbers sum

2x9x5x8x4x5x0x3=43200
3x1x0x8x0x3x6x9=3,888

43200x20=864,000=mean diameter of the sun
43200/20=2160=mean diameter of the moon
3,888x2000=7,776,000/9=864,000 mean diameter of the sun

43200x3888=167,961,600
167+961+600=1728
1728x2=3456
3x4x5x6=360=degrees in a circle

1728/4=432
1728/9=192
192x3=576=pnuema=spirit

3x8x8x8=1536
1536/8=192
192x3=576

4x3x2x0x0=24
24x24=576

576 cos=-0.809016994374948
-0.809016994374948 x 2=-1.618033988749895
1.61803398874989=Phi

432 cos= 0.309016994374945
3888 cos=0.309016994374945
0.309016994374945 x 2=0.61803398874989
0.61803398874989=phi

etc etc...

edit on 17-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

That wasn't what I asked.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My take on the novelty of Christianity is that through the life and death of Jesus we are shown that human bodies can be posessed (and occupied or directed) by God Almighty not just demons. Im not well versed in other ideologies but coming across that idea sounded like a great option for faith.
edit on 10/17/2013 by balanc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Rex282

yeh

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You are not your body, you are the Spirit living a bodily experience. You are life itself, YES you are, and so is anything else with life.

This is absolutely true, we are not our bodies, we are spiritual beings, living a life experience.

I AM is consciousness, so yes you were around before Abraham because you are consciousness experiencing the world around you.

But jesus said that “before Abraham was, I Am!”…which IMO means He (Jesus) was around, before Abraham existed (in the Spirit). In other words, I don’t go with the standard Christian interpretation, that Jesus was claiming to be God/Father, but instead that He was the first created being by God, which is why I believe He came to speak on Gods behalf. It also helps to explain many other aspects of scripture IMO, which is also repeated in various Gnostic texts.

If everyone else, and Abraham also existed pryer; then that would make Jesus statement false. But Jesus is only using that statement, in regards to describing himself spiritually. If the same truth applied to everyone else (Which in a way, it does IMO, but only partly, see the rest of my post below) then Jesus would not have used the word “before” in that sentence I quoted.

I agree with much of what your saying, we are like Jesus, in that we have the spirit of life within us etc…

But in the last part, you quoted psalm 82, “Ye are Gods” but the next line reads, “you are all sons of the Most High.”

I believe that overall, the Cannoical Gospels and Gnostic texts, that Jesus was teaching that we are all sons of God. Jesus of course quotes Pslam 82 in John chapter 10, when questioned about his use of the term “Son of God” by the Pharisees. But Jesus defends his postion by saying, words to the effect of, “Everyone is a son of God, as it is written in the scriptures, so why cant I, the one whom the Father has set apart, also use the title Son of God”.

Not exactly a word for word transaltion, but it’s pretty close IMO.

Psalm 82 – 5-8

The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.

They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’

But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.

The Gods (we/us), are eternal beings, because we have the spirit of life within us, which came directly from the Father. But the phrase used in Psalm 82, is that we are all Sons of the Most High (God), which suggests a starting point, for a Son IMO.

Not sure how much you know about mathematics, but there was a famous mathematician, who used advanced number sets, and algebraic formulae to work out, that there are larger, and smaller infinities. This has actually been proven mathematically.

My point is, that you become part of the Alpha and Omega, when you are created, and that there are entities that have a bigger infinity than yourself, which simply means they are eternal like you, but they’ve been around a lot longer.

- JC

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I Know This might seem a little off topic but has anybody else ever thought hard enough about Jesus to Click into the fact that if there Even was a Jesus What's to Say That the Catholic's Didn't Modify the information about Jesus to Benefit the religion. I mean We see cover ups all over today, Why wouldn't there be cover ups back then.
To Me all Catholicism Is, Is the right to steal, Rape Native children, Destroy history, And replace all with your own. A genocidal Cult
They Give us all these Examples Of What Jesus would do, But Do they Do it Themselves? No.
so why should I Believe in this Jesus character Or his Fairytale If the ones Enforcing The Book Onto Other Races Cant Even Follow Their Code themselves?
My apologies to Whom Take Christianity Seriously. But I Refuse To Live Buy a Cult.
My Great grandfather Was sent to a Christian boarding school in 1936, Was raped, beaten, And tortured by priests. Religion My ass

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.

When Jesus spoke about being before Abraham, he was talking about his spirit, that of consciousness. We are all parts of the greater consciousness experiencing itself. We are all parts of the "Father" (spirit) experiencing itself from subjective viewpoints ("Sons of the Father") .

When Jesus said "before Abraham ever was, I Am", he meant it in a very broad sense, he was talking about the essence of life itself, something we all have. I Am is consciousness, the thing which lets us make that statement. I Am, You Are, and We All Are consciousness.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

This right here proves without a doubt that Jesus saw himself as equal to everyone. "You are in me, and I am in you." We are all the same on the inside, meaning we all (consciousness or life itself) came before Abraham, not just Jesus.

Eternity has no beginning or end, so I don't understand how you can think some have been here longer than others. If we somehow had a beginning (implied by others coming before us), that would completely destroy your theory that we are all eternal, because like I said, eternity has no beginning (or end). We cannot be eternal if we had a beginning, it goes completely against the definition of eternal.

The fact is (in my opinion), when Jesus spoke of himself, he was in a broader sense talking about all living things.

We all have the essence of life, meaning we are all the essence of Jesus and Jesus is also the essence of us. We're all equal, Jesus is not on a pedestal. Jesus is not the only person in history to speak for God, there have been many people who have spoken for him, Buddha is one such example.
edit on 23-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The translation of eternal is`owlam(Hebrew OT) and aiōnios(Greek NT) both mean age or age lasting..with a beginning and an end.Eternal in the scriptures does not mean endless time.

In relationship to General Relativity the space/time continuum is not infinite or eternal.There was a beginning and there will be an end to the physical universe.

Like many words eternal has been twisted in meaning to an agenda to fit a theory.Mankind is not infinitely eternal in space/time and neither is the physical universe.They both had a beginning and both will have an end.Time is relative and a construct.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

So how do we know revelations haven't already come and gone?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Could you be so kind as to show me how those numbers correlate to form a pyramidal figure?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join