Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

WARNING! "Deadly Amoeba" Infiltrates Second Louisana Water System!

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Going to second this with a little human biology lesson. N. fowleri is transmitted through the nasal passages, not through drinking. There are significant differences between the nasal passage and the digestive system. When you ingest something, the first thing that it makes contact with is saliva within your mouth. Saliva has a ph of around 5-7 so slightly acidic to neutral. It passes from there to the stomach. Now stomach bile, unlike saliva, has a ph of around 1-3. It's extraordinarily acidic (this is why getting shot or wounded in the stomach is so bad). The nasal passages are typically neutral. No acid, no fried N. fowleri.

The other difference is proximity to the brain. The sinus passages actually reach up into your forehead. Your stomach does not (or shouldn't).




posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice
 


Yep. The only way to get rid of the bacteria would be to treat the water ... then ATS will erupt with the government is treating the water to depopulate the Earth.

Solution. Don't get tap water up your nose and you will be ok. Also never put contacts in tap water. Do not wear them while showering or swimming.

The nose was made for filtering airborne particles, not water.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Isittruee
reply to post by yamammasamonkey
 


Hit the nail on the head.

The 8 o clock news is currently saying they will tweak the chlorine to fix this. You beat them to it


If it was from a potable water source, you would assume there would be able to be some sort of lawsuit. If the chlorine gets too low to effectively kill any bacteria, that is negligence on the water treatment plant operator. Saying they are going to "tweak" it sounds like someone let it get too low.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

superman2012

Isittruee
reply to post by yamammasamonkey
 


Hit the nail on the head.

The 8 o clock news is currently saying they will tweak the chlorine to fix this. You beat them to it


If it was from a potable water source, you would assume there would be able to be some sort of lawsuit. If the chlorine gets too low to effectively kill any bacteria, that is negligence on the water treatment plant operator. Saying they are going to "tweak" it sounds like someone let it get too low.


on top of that this has happened more than once in that parish.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

superman2012

Isittruee
reply to post by yamammasamonkey
 


Hit the nail on the head.

The 8 o clock news is currently saying they will tweak the chlorine to fix this. You beat them to it


If it was from a potable water source, you would assume there would be able to be some sort of lawsuit. If the chlorine gets too low to effectively kill any bacteria, that is negligence on the water treatment plant operator. Saying they are going to "tweak" it sounds like someone let it get too low.

Potable means drinkable, not snortable.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee
 


According to the information I posted above above it is not from drinking water.

Entry to the brain is through the nose while swimming.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee
 


I'm thinking it has more to do with the geography of the area - the water table - and how easy it is to have it infiltrated with swamp (fresh water - as opposed to salt water)?



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by Isittruee
 


According to the information I posted above above it is not from drinking water.

Entry to the brain is through the nose while swimming.


Got ya. Covered that in my first post in this thread.
It is in the water supply though. Check my link.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We dealt with this exact thing here in Northwest Arkansas last summer. The water got too hot.

Don't be alarmed. I swam in it. I jumped off bluffs without holding my nose. Its rare that someone is infected.

Not only does it have to go up your nose, but you have to inhale it. It has to be introduced directly to the brain basically. Ear canal would work too if you have a rupture in the ear drum, I suppose, but doubtful you're swimming if that's the case anyways.

At any rate, I think 5 or so people died across the state last year out of the millions in the water.

This is alarmist stuff. Be careful. Don't snort water up your nose.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by Isittruee
 


According to the information I posted above above it is not from drinking water.

Entry to the brain is through the nose while swimming.


I dunno about other places as well, but around here the drinking water is taken directly from the lakes folks swim in...

Just sayin'



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

iunlimited491
Thanks for the info, cheesy!

Thanks to the government shutdown; if this were to get out of hand, the CDC would have a tough time investigating it.

But that's ok. It only eats peoples' brain.

what's there to worry about?

(o_O' )

I am not wory anything here..everything clean on Tropical Contry here



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Not all of ATS. Honestly, if we stopped all water treatments, it'd be really pretty scary because we're not inured to any of the things typically found in water even in other countries. I caught dysentery from drinking tea in the USSR. The Russians who drank it didn't. I did.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

superman2012

Isittruee
reply to post by yamammasamonkey
 


Hit the nail on the head.

The 8 o clock news is currently saying they will tweak the chlorine to fix this. You beat them to it


If it was from a potable water source, you would assume there would be able to be some sort of lawsuit. If the chlorine gets too low to effectively kill any bacteria, that is negligence on the water treatment plant operator. Saying they are going to "tweak" it sounds like someone let it get too low.

Potable means drinkable, not snortable.

Yah, thanks.
Anyways, that doesn't change what I said one bit. If there is bacteria, there is not enough chlorine. Don't care if you inject it, snort it, freeze it, drink it, bathe in it, etc. Not enough chlorine = unsafe water.

Very simple.



posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy
 


Boil drinking water!!





new topics




 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join